1 hour ago, netruss1964 said:

OOOoooo...Been there lots. Last time I downloaded Skyrim I trapped the whole folder in a zip file and stuck it on a flash drive. Now I just tell steam to uninstall, I delete the folder, delete the Skyrim folder in "My Documents", unzip my Pristine Zip into my steam folder and tell Steam to reinstall. Steam "looks" for remaining files, finds my unzipped folder and reports "Done". I am ready to play again. Steam does not delete all the files if any so it "looks" for what it left after uninstall, finds the folder and says "done". Much faster, F.Y.I.

Hopefully you will not need this info or you knew this all ready. Oh well, Have fun regardless!

Yeah I do that.. I have a copy of the folder since I have plenty of space. All set to go with my preferred ENB and ini files, tweaked the way I like it without anything script heavy and mine that I know work the way I want. I don't really play the game much anymore, I just check out what others do that isn't too laden with scripts and tweak what I think could look better. If it gets screwed up, no problem. I'm back in business by deleting Skyrim, renaming the copy and making a new copy..

11 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

amazing,

first time i looked into this topic i got angry about all those straw man arguments (mc dreck, political correctness)...

but now its a realy interesting and cool debate from that i can learn something.

i get the impression Todds mod made more things transparent than it was created for  :smile:

lol.. Ok then.. I can rename it "Opaque" if you prefer and I do think there's more than enough "trans" content here. What makes you think my name is Todd?

Which begs the question. How do you want me to address you? Is George ok? Donttouchmethere seems a little distant and formal whereas I might get slapped if I address you at all. lol

9 hours ago, Todd420 said:

lol.. Ok then.. I can rename it "Opaque" if you prefer and I do think there's more than enough "trans" content here. What makes you think my name is Todd?

Which begs the question. How do you want me to address you? Is George ok? Donttouchmethere seems a little distant and formal whereas I might get slapped if I address you at all. lol

opaque sounds great, too much trans cant be good all the time xD

i dont realy think your name is Todd, however Todd sounds more pleasant as if i add the 420 behind it (like 0815)

aaannndd yes, i didnt thought  my avatar name over a lot, never even thought that LL would become such a intensive hobby of mine.

i thought it would be funny to have a rather reclutant name in such a deviant forum.

lol now i wouldnt know how to adress my self like that, without triggering any ulterior motives

"little distant and formal" might have been intentional at the beginng, very perceptive of you

10 hours ago, Todd420 said:

Yeah I do that.. I have a copy of the folder since I have plenty of space. All set to go with my preferred ENB and ini files, tweaked the way I like it without anything script heavy and mine that I know work the way I want. I don't really play the game much anymore, I just check out what others do that isn't too laden with scripts and tweak what I think could look better. If it gets screwed up, no problem. I'm back in business by deleting Skyrim, renaming the copy and making a new copy..

I am not very disciplined personally, I set up "themed Play through(s)" using specific mods for the Theme I intend. I use the Base install before ENB's and related but I honestly had not considered Taking the install further before copying the file...I find there is a number of mods I use every time ( every time being 4 maybe...I really do not have the time to play much or I would prob. have bought a new game...). Now I will prob. end up copying two files now, One virgin game folder and one slightly jaded game folder. All your fault...Putting ideas in my head like that...wasted storage...I am telling my mother on you, right after I see what mods I need in the jaded folder. I tweak more than play any more any way...Nice. Thank you...Be safe.

Edit: Mumble...grumble...   : ) (I blame others for my excesses, I need to sleep after all.).

34 minutes ago, netruss1964 said:

I am not very disciplined personally, I set up "themed Play through(s)" using specific mods for the Theme I intend. I use the Base install before ENB's and related but I honestly had not considered Taking the install further before copying the file...I find there is a number of mods I use every time ( every time being 4 maybe...I really do not have the time to play much or I would prob. have bought a new game...). Now I will prob. end up copying two files now, One virgin game folder and one slightly jaded game folder. All your fault...Putting ideas in my head like that...wasted storage...I am telling my mother on you, right after I see what mods I need in the jaded folder. I tweak more than play any more any way...Nice. Thank you...Be safe.

Edit: Mumble...grumble...   : ) (I blame others for my excesses, I need to sleep after all.).

lol  U2

On 19/04/2018 at 6:05 AM, Todd420 said:

I read every word and you make a compelling point. I admit I never thought of it that way.. I try to prevent that with my brand of language up front in the description which I guess doesn't fully prevent all of it, but I understand that frustration sometimes spills out in text. Usually people do that out loud and tend to reread as they're typing to filter out the mental trash but it does happen as you've reminded me.

I appreciate that.. Good talk. Cheers.

My pleasure.

And with that, I wish yourself and all, happy modding. ;)

On 19/04/2018 at 4:53 AM, netruss1964 said:

OOOoooo...Been there lots. Last time I downloaded Skyrim I trapped the whole folder in a zip file and stuck it on a flash drive. Now I just tell steam to uninstall, I delete the folder, delete the Skyrim folder in "My Documents", unzip my Pristine Zip into my steam folder and tell Steam to reinstall. Steam "looks" for remaining files, finds my unzipped folder and reports "Done". I am ready to play again. Steam does not delete all the files if any so it "looks" for what it left after uninstall, finds the folder and says "done". Much faster, F.Y.I.

Hopefully you will not need this info or you knew this all ready. Oh well, Have fun regardless!

Lol, I wish I was that well prepared, I've gone as far as to make a copy of skyrim in a different file location so it (Hopefully) won't interfere with my main skyrim, unless I'm horribly underestimating the tenacity of game files haha, but my game is reasonably stable considering my rig isn't fully optimized for the amount of stuff I've modded into it, I only have the basic 4 gig vram, dual core processor laptop with an Nvidia graphics module built in, it's functional, but by no means a beast lol.

As you have probably noticed, most of my "Smarts" have been spent on my penchant for psychology and philosophy, I try my best to wrap my head around computer code and such, but it seems my head is only capable of comprehending "Chaos" in one language haha :tongue: 

It's taken me longer than most just to learn the barest of boned knowledge about modding, I've downloaded CK and attempted to learn how to use it, but it tends to cause me more stress than enjoyment, Oh well, I suppose we can't all be mod creators, I'm content for now just helping other creators to test their stuff, I do what little I can to contribute. :smile:

9 hours ago, AnonAngelion said:

Lol, I wish I was that well prepared, I've gone as far as to make a copy of skyrim in a different file location so it (Hopefully) won't interfere with my main skyrim, unless I'm horribly underestimating the tenacity of game files haha, but my game is reasonably stable considering my rig isn't fully optimized for the amount of stuff I've modded into it, I only have the basic 4 gig vram, dual core processor laptop with an Nvidia graphics module built in, it's functional, but by no means a beast lol.

As you have probably noticed, most of my "Smarts" have been spent on my penchant for psychology and philosophy, I try my best to wrap my head around computer code and such, but it seems my head is only capable of comprehending "Chaos" in one language haha :tongue: 

It's taken me longer than most just to learn the barest of boned knowledge about modding, I've downloaded CK and attempted to learn how to use it, but it tends to cause me more stress than enjoyment, Oh well, I suppose we can't all be mod creators, I'm content for now just helping other creators to test their stuff, I do what little I can to contribute. :smile:

The CK stresses creators too, it's really pathetic software.

On 20/04/2018 at 4:16 PM, WaxenFigure said:

The CK stresses creators too, it's really pathetic software.

I think the worst part about it is how horribly flawed it is, like when I booted it up, I was just browsing through everything to see what I could do with it, I think I was trying to figure out how to alter npcs as a practice test.

I tried loading up the main 4 files, Skyrim, Dawnguard, Dragonborn and Hearthfire, only for it to error code every time, I thought it was something I was doing wrong, so I googled it to find that the darn thing doesn't even ship with the ability to load multiple files, so I thought "How are you supposed to make mods using assets from all the game files then?!", I eventually found out you had to put in some .ini tweak, which confused me even more, as I couldn't rationalize why the producers of CK couldn't make the program with this tweak already in it.

So I did the tweak... then I think I found later that the tweak causes periodic crashes on the program when multiple files are loaded, making altering anything a race against time, I dunno, I couldn't get into it, I admit that I don't have the patience for learning how to use a program that's set up to be the most annoying, frustrating mess ever lol.

But for those who do, I take my hat off to ya, and I'm even more impressed that people have made the kinds of things that they have, many kudos. ;)

Having said that... Surely CK isn't the only program used for making mods right? I mean how on earth do you make something on the scale of Beyond Skyrim, and Endarel while having to put up with CK constantly crashing, unless there are more tweaks floating around that make it more stable lol.

15 minutes ago, AnonAngelion said:

I think the worst part about it is how horribly flawed it is, like when I booted it up, I was just browsing through everything to see what I could do with it, I think I was trying to figure out how to alter npcs as a practice test.

I tried loading up the main 4 files, Skyrim, Dawnguard, Dragonborn and Hearthfire, only for it to error code every time, I thought it was something I was doing wrong, so I googled it to find that the darn thing doesn't even ship with the ability to load multiple files, so I thought "How are you supposed to make mods using assets from all the game files then?!", I eventually found out you had to put in some .ini tweak, which confused me even more, as I couldn't rationalize why the producers of CK couldn't make the program with this tweak already in it.

So I did the tweak... then I think I found later that the tweak causes periodic crashes on the program when multiple files are loaded, making altering anything a race against time, I dunno, I couldn't get into it, I admit that I don't have the patience for learning how to use a program that's set up to be the most annoying, frustrating mess ever lol.

But for those who do, I take my hat off to ya, and I'm even more impressed that people have made the kinds of things that they have, many kudos. ;)

Having said that... Surely CK isn't the only program used for making mods right? I mean how on earth do you make something on the scale of Beyond Skyrim, and Endarel while having to put up with CK constantly crashing, unless there are more tweaks floating around that make it more stable lol.

A lot of us make most of the changes using TES5EDIT and only use the CK where we have to.  Changing the look of NPCs or building things pretty requires the CK, most other changes are easy enough with TES5EDIT.

On 4/19/2018 at 11:05 AM, donttouchmethere said:

opaque sounds great, too much trans cant be good all the time xD

i dont realy think your name is Todd, however Todd sounds more pleasant as if i add the 420 behind it (like 0815)

aaannndd yes, i didnt thought  my avatar name over a lot, never even thought that LL would become such a intensive hobby of mine.

i thought it would be funny to have a rather reclutant name in such a deviant forum.

lol now i wouldnt know how to adress my self like that, without triggering any ulterior motives

"little distant and formal" might have been intentional at the beginng, very perceptive of you

lol

3 hours ago, AnonAngelion said:

it's all in the ini's.. I have too many other things to work on to apply myself to CK.. :smile:

• 1 month later...

i cant keep up with the updates ^^

but the last version i have installed is fantastic

your conversation fills the gap between obvious sultry and totaly straitlaced clothes in my virtual wardrobe, realy looks good

the tiptoe feet bandages would be perfect replacer for the devious training 2 arched feet for the UUNP users

EDIT:

works great together with UUNP Jennes too

On 4/14/2018 at 6:06 PM, Todd420 said:

Hi Eva, hey Mr WF.. (props)

What I wanted to contribute was a single diffusion texture. But we all know where that would lead. So I changed the alpha properties in a single nif mesh for it to work in bodyslide; for those not knowing what to do with it. 

So I made my texture changes and thought.. "Damn, this turned out pretty good." So I thought of "the community".. Then the can of worms thing ensues. Oh shit, now I have to retrace my steps just to get it out to avoid complaining which always leads to more Burger King customer service attitudes and some very well intentioned help from Maestro. Maestro, sorry dude, you got caught in the blowback for which I am Sorry. You're helpful and cool.

Waxen figure is top shelf in my opinion. Sorry but my memory fails me for you Eva but 200 posts means something.

I am not helpful here, I don't even pretend to be. I submit indulgences; nothing more..

Had I been a more experiences contributor I would've turned off the support option if possible but.. The lesson I learned once again is that if it isn't perfect, complete and wrapped neatly with a bow, there will be complaints and advice on what to do and how to be.

I enjoy what I do with photoshop going back to 1998. It isn't even close to what I do for a living but if it was I'd be more open to criticism.

I guess all of the criticism and finger pointing in the world is getting to me.. 

The terms "if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything" and the "do unto others" thing have been lost in time. Maybe I am too.

Or I could go back to what my likeness implies and fall off the wagon and I do know that I owe Maestro a solid.

Hi,

you made an excellent new texture of one of the best skyrim clothing - mod ever. I have worked on the skirt btw, and this new texture is wonderful. It can also be colored different (I have the skirt in addition to the luxury-collection made and also stand alone-it´s all very sexy), so in conclusion: it´s a professional texture that I´d like to bring also into different colors - very interesting for new experiments for me!

Fine masterwork, created for esthetic people  ;-)))

On 4/21/2018 at 9:37 PM, AnonAngelion said:

if you want to calm down ck for being a goodie, let me know...

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

Hi,

you made an excellent new texture of one of the best skyrim clothing - mod ever. I have worked on the skirt btw, and this new texture is wonderful. It can also be colored different (I have the skirt in addition to the luxury-collection made and also stand alone-it´s all very sexy), so in conclusion: it´s a professional texture that I´d like to bring also into different colors - very interesting for new experiments for me!

Fine masterwork, created for esthetic people  ;-)))

Very much appreciated.. you're welcome to do what you want with it. drop me a line when you do. I'd like to check it out. I tried using the skirt but it doesn't move right and overlapped alpha textures do weird things so I omitted everything I had no use for. Kind words and I thank you for it.

5 minutes ago, Todd420 said:

Very much appreciated.. you're welcome to do what you want with it. drop me a line when you do. I'd like to check it out. I tried using the skirt but it doesn't move right and overlapped alpha textures do weird things so I omitted everything I had no use for. Kind words and I thank you for it.

Rehi, for now I will use it all alone, no sharing-my clothing modding is absolutely scary and my work with body slide is a big disaster...items are spread over different folders, i lost some overview. I edited also the luxury collection, put new stuff inside, but I could not get the items to be running inside it´s groups...terrible!

12 hours ago, t.ara said:

Rehi, for now I will use it all alone, no sharing-my clothing modding is absolutely scary and my work with body slide is a big disaster...items are spread over different folders, i lost some overview. I edited also the luxury collection, put new stuff inside, but I could not get the items to be running inside it´s groups...terrible!

the humanity, lmao..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sims4 character creation is much easier than Oldrim, and a lot of the eyes, clothing and hair in Sims 4 are better than Oldrim as well.  If someone could port over the best jeans from Sims4 that would be very cool!  The available jeans mods for Oldrim pretty much suck.

Too bad no one can re-work or replace Creation Kit to make it more user friendly.  It's amazing what people have done despite how much of a pain in the #$% CK is to use.  I tried making my own followers, etc., but CK hosed my game more than once and I just gave up.  Now I just make characters in Racemenu and use Rudy with some nice results.

Thanks for this mod - great work!