Dynamic Underwear System (Continued)

View File

Dynamic Underwear System 3.2 "Trust Issues Edition"

Description

Dynamic Underwear System (also referred as DUS) changes the way that underwear items work in Oblivion. When a shirt or trousers are taken off, your character or any other NPC will have their underwear equipped instead of going commando.

DUS 3.2 is an update by Sandalwood, to the original mod by Puuk. This update attempts to work around the issue of NPCs equipping underwear worth more gold than the clothes they were originally wearing. 

The original mod and screenshots can be found here: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2067-discontinued-dynamic-underwear-system/ 

An optional underwear pack for TGND and HGEC is available in the downloads section.

Details

DUS keeps track on the player and surrounding NPCs for any changes in their appearance. If a shirt was removed, an underwear item will take it's place if found from the inventory. A dynamic distribution system is also included that will aim to give everyone around you at least something to wear the very first time they are detected.

Unfortunately NPCs cannot be trusted with expensive underwear, and would often show off their lingerie in public. In these cases their underwear is kept in escrow, and only provided to them if they somehow lose their clothes. (I'm looking at you, Mage Apprentices - this is a place of magical learning, not a "Palonirya's Secret" fashion shoot.)

An "underwear item" is defined by a simple "(underwear)"-tag in its name. This means that DUS can easily handle basically any clothing item as underwear while that item doesn't need to be dependent of this mod at all. This makes it very compatible with any clothing or armor mod out there and maybe can even used to give some "extra functionality". However, if those items are wanted to automatically appear on NPCs, they must be set up appropriately.

Requirements

Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) - http://obse.silverlock.org/ 

Universal Skeleton - http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/37596/? (for some underwear models)
Roberts Male Body - http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40532/?
One of these (nude versions obviously):

Recommended

Seamless Equipment - http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45855/? 

Install

Manual - Not recommended.

Wrye Bash - The archive is BAIN-formated. Numbers represent categories, SE means seamless equipment version.

OBMM - Create mod and add archive. Load omod convertion data and activate.

Uninstall

Please use your mod organizer if you used one when installing.

To uninstall this mod manually, remove the following files or folders:

Data\Dynamic Underwear System.esm
Data\Mod Settings\Dynamic Underwear System\ (if installed from v3.1 or earlier)

Data\ini\DUS.ini (if installed from v3.2)

Upgrade

For best results, it is recommended to make a clean save without the original mod (and any underwear expansions) before installing this update.

Functionality with other mods

DUS includes an expandable exception system to prevent any underwear from popping when you don't want it. First of all, there is an exception token that will prevent any actions being made to a given person if found from the inventory. Secondly, a token of some sort from any other mod can be used for the same effect.

Some mods are even natively supported (outdated):

• Lovers with PK
  • Lovers MB2
  • Player Slave Encounters (not tested)

A new faction, DUSEquipFaction, has been added. An NPC can be given a rank in this faction to specify which equipment slots they may be given underwear for.

• Rank 0/no rank - given top and bottom pieces
  • Rank 1 - given top only
  • Rank 2 - given bottom only
  • Rank 3 - no underwear is given

An example mod is available for Bravil Underground, which makes NPCs in Prostitutes's Mansion "Song of Vivek" topless again. Players who have already visited this area will need to make a clean save without DUS to see the changes.

Known issues or bugs

Fully-armored NPCs will have underwear in their inventory as usual. NPCs wearing low-cost clothing will only be given underwear if you or they remove their clothes first, which means you might have to re-loot them to see what underwear they had.

This update has been used in a normal playthrough for several hours, including hanging out at the Arcane University, which was a problematic area. If you have any issues please contact Sandalwood. Although all effort has been made to ensure this is free of issues, it is recommended that you do not use this mod with any save-games you value.

Credits

Thanks to Puuk for creating the Dynamic Underwear System.
Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.
Thanks to the authors of Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) and their contributors
Thanks to shadeMe for the Construction Set Extender
Thanks to LHammonds for the Readme Generator this file was based on.
Thanks to Comrade Fienyx for tweaks and ideas

HGEC underwear items are work of Exnem, RAIAR, MadCat221, coronerra, Saaya, Dryad & stricken618.
Robert's underwear items are work of Robert himself.
TGND underwear items are work of Luchaire, Kalia, Sickleyield, Kristoffer & alt3rn1ty.
All seammended versions of equipment are work of junkacc.
Generic ground model used by this mod is made by Nessa.

Licensing/Legal

As with the original mod, you may do whatever you wish with this version. The included assets are unchanged from the original, and most are work of others, for which you must follow their own licenses. I re-checked the original asset licenses; please inform me (Sandalwood) if I've made a mistake so that I can remove violating content.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 2:03 AM, puddles said:

I'm still having a bizarre issue where when I equip a robe over a bra, the bra stays equipped. Then when I save and reload the game, I'm wearing the bra instead of the robe...?

Sorry puddles, I've been a bit busy and missed your post. Is it a vanilla robe? I'll have a quick test, but that should be working normally.

Off the top of my head, it's possible the variable which saves the player clothing has gotten confused. You could try making a clean save and seeing if the problem still exists?

I tested a fresh character with a green robe and basic bra, and couldn't replicate it. It's going to be an issue related to the variable which saves the previous clothing and the player update token, but I can't find the right combination to trigger it. I tried uninstalling a piece of clothing, but it handled that ok too.

When I get a chance, I'll add a hidden quest which stops the engine quest and resets player state. That way if anyone runs into it again, they can use the console to recover without having to make a clean save.

I believe the issue occurred with the Arch-Mage Robe. However, I'm thinking part of the issue might be the Amulet Hide/Show function in a mod I have installed. There might be some weird conflict in the MenuMode when the Amulet Hide/Show function momentarily removes the outfit, checks/unchecks the Hide Amulet flag, and re-equips it...after that, I think it starts having buggy issues on the subsequent load/reload.

That sounds like it'd cause some issues for sure. I'll try forcing some vars to see if the issue is possible with DUS alone.

Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul does something similar with it's backpacks, but it calls player.Update3D instead of removing the clothes.

Is there any interest in me uploading a giant compilation of various underwears with directories compatible with SetBody for different body sizes for the Dynamic Underwear System? I've considered it, but...TES4Edit doesn't detect the HGEC_A/B/C/D/E directories for SetBody, so it would be a bit tedious. No reason if people aren't interested.

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, NekoStar said:

sorry to ask guys but which mods i use to let my character like on the photos?

No problem. This is going by memory, because my HDD died and I lost my install. (These are all on Nexus btw.)

EVE HGEC Eyecandy Variants Expansion - 24078
HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 - 34442
HGEC Robert feet - 35501
Oblivion Character Overhaul version 2 - 44676
+ HGEC texture compatibility addon
+ Roberts Male Body replacer texture compatibility addon
Seamless - OCOv2 Edition - 45859
SE- Robert Male v5.2 CORE for OCO - 45864
Female Body Retextured - modular version 1.2 - 46937 (but I made some custom edits here)
Lunas OCO Khajiit Female Fix - 45992
New Brows for OCO v2 - 48199
Vanilla Hair Replacer - 11954
J17's OCO and Hair Conversions - 47765
BBB for EVE stock replacer - Ccup - 43106

NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer - 35551

You'll also need a skeleton. I'm using "GrowlfLAPFSkeleton" but I can't work out where I got it. I'm pretty sure LAPF has one, so if you're using that you should be ok.

If that's a bit overwhelming, I recommend reading the Seamless Equipment guide, because it explains what you need in detail.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, mcdibyoe said:

I can't get lovers work with this. I mean the animation works fine and all, but the undergarment stays on... 

It should work ok. The mod doesn't equip underwear if LAPF tokens exist and you get stripped. If you're just wearing underwear at the start, maybe double-check the stripping options in LAPF?

I'm not sure what else to suggest. Is this happening on the player, npcs, or both?

3 hours ago, Sandalwood said:

It should work ok. The mod doesn't equip underwear if LAPF tokens exist and you get stripped. If you're just wearing underwear at the start, maybe double-check the stripping options in LAPF?

I'm not sure what else to suggest. Is this happening on the player, npcs, or both?

npcs only, but I fixed it somehow. Used obmm instead bash, and voila!!! Everything works perfecly.

Now I'm thinking of using the underwear mesh from HGEC UnderWear Replace if only I can remember what setting I used a few years ago ?

Edit: 

It came back again but this time I think I've found the culprit. Its the Mass Outfit Redesigned mod. Even after a proper bash patch it still causes the sticky underwear problem :/, EVE replacer and Spicy Armor works fine though.

Hmm. I have that in my usual load order, but I have other replacers after. Maybe it's messing with clothing values. If your NPCs are getting underwear somehow they might be wearing it because it's worth more. I reset my install the other day, so I'll see if it happens to me.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I know I'm a bit too late but if you're still around, thank you for this mod, it works really well for me. The only Problem i encountered is, that the provided underwear pack is a bit lore un-friendly, so I wanted to ask, if there is any Explanation how to set up other packs for this mod. I mean, I'm not really into modding but Maybe, with some help, I could figure it out.

Alright then, thanks in Advance :)

On 1/13/2019 at 4:51 PM, xxxLutzlisbelt said:

Hi, I know I'm a bit too late but if you're still around, thank you for this mod, it works really well for me. The only Problem i encountered is, that the provided underwear pack is a bit lore un-friendly, so I wanted to ask, if there is any Explanation how to set up other packs for this mod. I mean, I'm not really into modding but Maybe, with some help, I could figure it out.

Alright then, thanks in Advance :)

Puuk did a great job - I'm not sure if he's around any more, but I'm glad we're keeping it alive.

If you've already got some underwear mods in mind, getting them working with this is actually pretty easy. The items just need " (underwear)" at the end of their names. You can use TES4Edit to edit the .esp, add that text to the names and you should be good to go.

If you want them to be distributed to NPCs, that takes a little more work. You'd need to make a small mod to override the DUS leveled lists.

Thanks for telling me About TES4Edit, without you i would still try to modify the ESPs with the Construction Set and Text Editor. Just one more thing, I've got some packs from the Nexus and they're working fine also as NPC Loot, but they're not adjusted for the Standard HGEC, any Idea how to adjust them without learing a 3D Program?

Edit: By the way, do you know of any good packs that are Kind of Lore friendly? Oh, and while I'm at it, is there a high Chance that I will come across some "Elegant" Underwear when I usually don't kill friendly NPCs, cause I would think that most bandits don't wear that stuff…. Man I'm asking way too many questions^^

19 hours ago, xxxLutzlisbelt said:

Thanks for telling me About TES4Edit, without you i would still try to modify the ESPs with the Construction Set and Text Editor. Just one more thing, I've got some packs from the Nexus and they're working fine also as NPC Loot, but they're not adjusted for the Standard HGEC, any Idea how to adjust them without learing a 3D Program?

Edit: By the way, do you know of any good packs that are Kind of Lore friendly? Oh, and while I'm at it, is there a high Chance that I will come across some "Elegant" Underwear when I usually don't kill friendly NPCs, cause I would think that most bandits don't wear that stuff…. Man I'm asking way too many questions^^

If you look in DUS.ini, there's a few settings that control underwear distribution for NPCs. They need a certain amount of gold to draw from the elegant list, I think the default is 6.

There's no easy solution for converting clothes I'm afraid. You'd need to do it manually in something like Blender and NifSkope. NifSkope is pretty useful, and you might get away with copy-pasting the appropriate model parts over and scaling, but it's not likely. I've only ever stuck to HGEC myself, to keep things easy.

• 2 months later...

Male Underwear pack made by Fienyx

To go with this, I just made a new underwear pack with the underwear options that came with Robert Male.

Only the boxers/briefs/tighties have proper worldmodels, icons, or names. The others are the same as the default because I couldn't make new assets and they are all named "Loincloth" because I don't know what the specific kinds of loincloth are called. I didn't add any retextures either. Also, there are 9 kinds of underwear but most body types don't have a mesh for all of them. I hope someone else would finish it but for now it's playable.

EDIT: To clarify, there is only one piece of underwear based on the #6 pants and it's the 6d version. This is because the 6a, 6b, and 6c versions aren't on any body types other than SLAth and they were very similar anyway. The models are still included and if you wanted to replace 6d with one of them I guess you could just rename it. The mod does give both 1a and 1b underwear their own items, though.

DUS Robert Male Default Pants 0.5.7z

• 1 year later...

is there anyway to remove an underwear refresh or prevent underwear being replaced in the inventory before, say, 12 hours game time has passed? Using this alongside NudeshyX and both mods are completely installed with all the relevant file paths and requirements. However, upon using the in game spell to remove an NPCs clothing, they replace it. It is not nudeshy doing this as it is specifically made so that they cannot immediately replace any clothes. I'm 99% it is to do with the DUS mod. It would be great to make this work alongside each other - perhaps there is a line that could be added by me into the ini to prevent a refresh or to make a refresh happen after a certain amount of game time?

On 7/1/2020 at 7:30 AM, RoastedPenguin said:

Hey, sorry if I'm late to the party, but how do I install the underwear pack that you included? I'm kinda new to modding so I need to be guided a little around

I used Wrye Bash to add it and the additional collection. Open it in that and install what matches your body type install. Just try getting the roberts v52 and the hgec body models installed first if you are daunted. When in wrye bash the mod shows the folders of files which have titles. So if you installed hgec c cup you click that box. If you chose wide bottom choose that option. Dont check the boxes for things of the same number (i.e. 10, 20)

• 8 months later...