IGNORED

[Question] How to update FNIS with MO

If MO needs admin because it's in x64/86,  install FNIS in your overwrite folder, yes, your overwrite folder.

FNIS will also require admin.

When installed ->correctly<- FNIS should recognize the proper mods automagically.

so: if in Program Files, admin is needed. For both.

If not in Program files (x64/x86), admin may not be needed, but MO should have FNIS linked as a launchable exe in either case.

1 hour ago, Hunter136 said:

Just a simple question, but when I uninstall FNIS so I can update it, how would I do so in MO, and would I have to uncheck all the FNIS Mods?

Personally before updating FNIS in MO I've always uninstalled it the way Fores says on his mod description page (NMM Uninstall) and checked each time if there are none behavior remnants in the MO Right pane "Data" tab:

Spoiler

UNINSTALL

Manual Uninstall

First, if you have the FNIS Creature Pack installed: Open the Generator and press "De-Install Creatures".
After that, remove the following files or directories:

• Data/FNIS.esp
  • Data/FNISspell.esp
  • Data/Meshes/actors/character/animations/FNIS
  • Data/Meshes/actors/character/animations/FNISBase
  • Data/Meshes/actors/character/animations/FNISSpells
  • Data/Meshes/actors/character/behaviors/*.hkx
  • Data/Meshes/actors/character/characters/defaultmale.hkx
  • Data/Meshes/actors/character/characters female/defaultfemale.hkx
  • Data/Meshes/animationsetdatasinglefile.txt
  • Data/Meshes/animationdatasinglefile.txt
  • Data/Meshes/AnimObjects/FNIS
  • Data/Tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Modders
  • Data/Tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users

NMM Uninstall

First, if you have the FNIS Creature Pack installed: Open the Generator and press "De-Install Creatures".
Then deactivate both FNIS Behavior, FNIS Creature Pack, and FNIS Spells in NMM's Mods tab. That should take care of everything. To be totally sure that there are no behavior remnants, delete the files from the previous Manual Uninstall section, if they should still exist

Edit: I forgot to mention this little reminder about the placement of FNIS in your Load order after the reinstall process, place it high enough from the dependent mods so that there is no problem of validation during the generation of the FNIS Output file.