F4SE not installed correctly! What?

your game should not load right now, as the f4se people have not finished the update for the latest patch.  1.10.82.  You should get a message about this when trying to start the game with F4se.  Keep checking for an update version right now it is for 1.10.75, you keep checking until they post one for 1.10.82

4 hours ago, Arcturus7777 said:

your game should not load right now, as the f4se people have not finished the update for the latest patch.  1.10.82.  You should get a message about this when trying to start the game with F4se.  Keep checking for an update version right now it is for 1.10.75, you keep checking until they post one for 1.10.82

And they finally did :smiley:

Fallout 4 runtime 1.10.82 - build: 0.6.7

The only bad news right now is that any mod that relied on F4SE has to be updated. MCM, for example, is still based on the old version. :frown:

10 hours ago, HentaiGnome said:

And they finally did :smiley:

Fallout 4 runtime 1.10.82 - build: 0.6.7

The only bad news right now is that any mod that relied on F4SE has to be updated. MCM, for example, is still based on the old version. :frown:

I'm having a problem with this latest version of F4SE. The installer version installs build 0.6.6 instead of 0.6.7. The 7z archive also contains the 0.6.6 build.

Edit: Seems the installer wouldn't overwrite the old f4se_loader file or f4se_steam_loader.dll, despite having done that without issue in the past. The tooltips that pop up when hovering over those files still say they're version 0.6.6 however, but F4SE appears to be working as intended despite this. That just leaves LooksMenu and MCM to be updated...

2 hours ago, Carreau said:

That’s each go round on this, though. MCM, LevelUpMenuEX, etc. the mod authors are pretty quick to recompile within 24 hours after the F4SE roll out.

Yeah I realized as soon as I posted above. (First time dealing with this F4SE-breaking-due-to-official-update issue lol) The good news now is that MCM was updated at the time of this posting. :smile:

1 hour ago, PerfidiousPantsuPincher said:

I'm having a problem with this latest version of F4SE. The installer version installs build 0.6.6 instead of 0.6.7. The 7z archive also contains the 0.6.6 build.

That's strange. I actually had the same problem when I ran the installer and every time I tried to run the game through MO2 it kept saying that I had the old version. So interestingly enough what I did is that I copied and pasted the stuff from the 7z archive and that worked. I'm not really sure why in your case it still would contain the old build... If you're using MO2 maybe click on <Edit...> and reapply the values for "Binary" and "Start in"? I did that just in case and for sure it worked. (But as a caveat just remember that mods that are dependent on F4SE still need to be updated so you might still get some error messages assuming thereafter, but you should at least be able to get into the game now.)

11 minutes ago, HentaiGnome said:

Yeah I realized as soon as I posted above. (First time dealing with this F4SE-breaking-due-to-official-update issue lol) The good news now is that MCM was updated at the time of this posting. :smile:

That's strange. I actually had the same problem when I ran the installer and every time I tried to run the game through MO2 it kept saying that I had the old version. So interestingly enough what I did is that I copied and pasted the stuff from the 7z archive and that worked. I'm not really sure why in your case it still would contain the old build... If you're using MO2 maybe click on <Edit...> and reapply the values for "Binary" and "Start in"? I did that just in case and for sure it worked. (But as a caveat just remember that mods that are dependent on F4SE still need to be updated so you might still get some error messages assuming thereafter, but you should at least be able to get into the game now.)

I saw Reg had already updated his github commit of MCM for the new runtime version.

these guys are usually pretty fast.

5 hours ago, PerfidiousPantsuPincher said:

Edit: Seems the installer wouldn't overwrite the old f4se_loader file or f4se_steam_loader.dll, despite having done that without issue in the past. The tooltips that pop up when hovering over those files still say they're version 0.6.6 however, but F4SE appears to be working as intended despite this. That just leaves LooksMenu and MCM to be updated...

I do not use the installer.  I follower Gophers youtube vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoapvrohsd0

On 4/4/2018 at 7:37 PM, Arcturus7777 said:

Still says the same thing I updated everything. A few Animations play but everytime I start something right before I get a message that says script is not placed correctly (And my characters clothes stay on during the animations. )! It is in the correct spot!  Ugh I feel like this is hopeless.

EDIT: NEVERMIND Everything is working now! I forgot I used the installer. I just replaced all the files that said "6.6"  now no message and animations work. Thanks guys!

5 hours ago, anon0000q said:

Actually even though the message is gone some of the animations are a little weird. Like they bodies arent matching up correctly ? Could it be because I have "asex mod" from nexus installed?

four play is in early stages. alignment is effected by nearby objects, non level ground and moving or looking around while animation is getting ready to take control.

On 4/7/2018 at 2:38 PM, Arcturus7777 said:

four play is in early stages. alignment is effected by nearby objects, non level ground and moving or looking around while animation is getting ready to take control.

I was testing the animations in "coc 4test" mode, so the animation shouldn't be affect by any objects because the rooms are empty. Also a lot of the animations just will not work, even when I try to trigger them using the terminal? It literally only works when I press "random animation" if select a specific animation it doesn't start. Also when I shoot NPCs with the the sex pistol they don't respond. Not sure if all these are common problems too?

On 4/11/2018 at 9:25 PM, anon0000q said:

I was testing the animations in "coc 4test" mode, so the animation shouldn't be affect by any objects because the rooms are empty. Also a lot of the animations just will not work, even when I try to trigger them using the terminal? It literally only works when I press "random animation" if select a specific animation it doesn't start. Also when I shoot NPCs with the the sex pistol they don't respond. Not sure if all these are common problems too?

if you have crazy's gun animations installed try deactivating the ESP (in NMM)

• 2 years later...