Help adding KS Hairdos HDT to NPCs

oldrayzor

I hope someone can help with this, I'm a complete noob on the subject of hair. Wish to add KS Hairdos HDT to certain NPCs. I've tried simply mastering the KS esp with the NPC-replacer mod (Bijin - NPCs) in Tes5Edit and changing the hair on the select NPCs but it doesn't work that easily I take it. The wigs work of course, but have to be equipped in-game and I really want to replace the hair on first encounter (my current obsession). Does anyone know if this can be done?

5abbd3df4c8f5_SkyrimScreenshot.jpg.f48103cd11191ddc710b245ac5f38946.jpg

Haven't tried it with hdt hair, but, you probably need the CK for it to work correctly. Change their hair and press control+F4 to export face gen data, then save and exit. To avoid the face bug, you need to pull the tintmasks folder from textures to your desktop and then return it when done. Test on one character and see before doing a bunch of them.

Thanks for your reply.  I was under the impression you couldn't cross port assets from an esp in CK, so hadn't thought to try it. Will try now. I had created a default outfit mod and found I could simply slave KS to the mod and drop the wigs in. They auto-equip so that's working for now. But still want to find a way to do it independently. Thanks again.

2 hours ago, oldrayzor said:

Thanks for your reply.  I was under the impression you couldn't cross port assets from an esp in CK, so hadn't thought to try it. Will try now. I had created a default outfit mod and found I could simply slave KS to the mod and drop the wigs in. They auto-equip so that's working for now. But still want to find a way to do it independently. Thanks again.

The way I get around that is to change the header to an esm while leaving it with the esp extension. That way the CK will let me use it as a master without it actually being a an esm. Some ppl advise against doing this, but, it has never caused problems for me. You might get a warning, just ignore it.

Archived