View File

Do you like caves and love to live in them, but also like luxury as well? Do you like cave home mods but wish you could take your family to live there? Do you play a beastess, or do you use untamed? Then this mod might just be for you.

Dovahkin's Wolf Pack Den

This is a player home that is in a cave and is located just outside of Riverwood on the south side. Faendal is your next-door neighbor. This player home works with Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions and has 6 beds for the young ones. There is also a follower barracks with 5 beds for them there. You have a nice front yard sharing space with the Riverwood community. Future updates planned will bring the Riverwood community to your doorstep campfire for some socializing. Already, any children from Riverwood might join in on a game of hide and seek with your kids. If you play a beastess roll or use the Untamed mod like I do, then this would also be a wonderful home for you and your pack. I already have a start with 3 essential and named wolves living within the cave that are friends to the dragonborn. On top of these three wolves, there is a 4th black wolf that is an actual follower with the Female Young Eager voice type, and if you really get into your beastess or untamed rolls, you can even marry her. An observatory deck with a nice sized pool made from the remnants of an old Snow Elf ruin sits atop the mountain home overlooking Bleak Falls Burrow, Riverwood, even Whiterun and Dragonsreach can be easily viewed from the serene location.

This is still a work in progress and is considered to be in Beta. More features are planned in the future such as Alternate Start scenario, etc... There are still landscape work that needs to be done. I plan to move one of the trails leading down to the Riverwood gate just slightly to please the NPCs but re-navmeshing it afterwards takes time. I decided to release a version of it now for testing and advice. Or so people can just have fun with it like it is. It is already a pretty cool place. I used some resources from the Celestial Eden Mod on the Nexus, 3 statues from JackGA, and a custom Dibella Statue from the Dibellan Sisterhood mod. This would also be a pretty cool home for a Dovahkin who is a part of the Dibellan Sisterhood.

Unfortunately for some, this requires all DLCs. I used assets from all DLCs. Especially Hearthfire, as this home is Hearthfire Multiple Adoption friendly. You will need to cast the Bless Home spell on the master bed. It also works with Spouses Enhanced available here on Loverslab, but is not required. Just cast the Lover's Sanctuary spell on the master bed after using the Bless Home spell. You shouldn't even need to use the MCM option to add the bed to Sexlab.

Have fun and let me know what you think. This has been a learning project as not only is this my first home mod, but also Hearthfire Multiple Adoption friendly. It created some challenges. Even following the directions. First times are always mysterious.

Caution: This is being placed as "Non-adult" but beware, even though the vanilla Dibella statue is already partially nude, the one from the Dibellan Sisterhood that I used in the décor of this mod is more detailed. Still, I could see a whole lot more if I went down here to the local museum and shoved my way through all of the school kids that are there on a field trip.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/13/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, dragonborn.esm, hearthfires.esm
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

Great mod! The little wolves are soo adorable! Alot of hard work and time went into making this and it is greatly appreciated! Really love the added exterior and the ability to have the little ones from Riverwood come up and play with my kiddos. The observatory pool is an awesome idea. Love to be able to go up there  and look out over the area. Awesome work!!! Will post pictures from my game later on.

3 minutes ago, raelynnsnow said:

Great mod! The little wolves are soo adorable! Alot of hard work and time went into making this and it is greatly appreciated! Really love the added exterior and the ability to have the little ones from Riverwood come up and play with my kiddos. The observatory pool is an awesome idea. Love to be able to go up there  and look out over the area. Awesome work!!! Will post pictures from my game later on.

Yeah I forgot to mention the wee little wolf pups hanging around their basket bed in the children's room. They have children voices and will even join in on games of hide and seek with your kids. They even make some of the same comments that your children do. One said, "Did you really build this house all by yourself?" I said, "Nope, I had help from JackGA, and a few friends along the way." LOL

And BTW, that reminds me, thank you for YOUR help in this creation.

8 hours ago, AnonAngelion said:

This looks awesome, thank you for making this. :smile:

You are kind. But I had fun making it (minus a few frustrations here and there), and have fun using it. So why not share with others who might also? I hope you enjoy it, and thanks again. BTW, nice name. My fiance' and I both use the PSQ mod religiously no matter what kind of play-through we are each doing.

18 hours ago, AndragonFirefly said:

You are kind. But I had fun making it (minus a few frustrations here and there), and have fun using it. So why not share with others who might also? I hope you enjoy it, and thanks again. BTW, nice name. My fiance' and I both use the PSQ mod religiously no matter what kind of play-through we are each doing.

Thank you lol, it's pretty special that you can play around with adult mods with your fiance, I'm happy for you, :smile: I know I'd probably not be able to own up to it if it were me, no way to know how judgmental people can be lol.

I've had a look at your mod and I love it, unfortunately it seems my rig has great trouble putting up with it, the framerate tanks so hard that I can barely turn the camera, it might have something to do with the Skyrim Summer Overhaul mod that I use, it makes all the plants inside a lot bigger, it enlarges plants in the world to make it seem less empty, tho in enclosed spaces that often results in massive fps drops, it's a shame, I'd use a different one if there were any better, there was a recent one uploaded to nexus which makes skyrim look summery but it also adds butt-tons of HD grass and flowers which kills my fps again, :frown: there doesn't seem to be any summer like mods that don't make huge fps killing changes...

Anyway, I wish you and your fiance the best :smile: maybe I'll find a solution so I can use this hopefully.

4 hours ago, AnonAngelion said:

Thank you lol, it's pretty special that you can play around with adult mods with your fiance, I'm happy for you, :smile: I know I'd probably not be able to own up to it if it were me, no way to know how judgmental people can be lol.

I've had a look at your mod and I love it, unfortunately it seems my rig has great trouble putting up with it, the framerate tanks so hard that I can barely turn the camera, it might have something to do with the Skyrim Summer Overhaul mod that I use, it makes all the plants inside a lot bigger, it enlarges plants in the world to make it seem less empty, tho in enclosed spaces that often results in massive fps drops, it's a shame, I'd use a different one if there were any better, there was a recent one uploaded to nexus which makes skyrim look summery but it also adds butt-tons of HD grass and flowers which kills my fps again, :frown: there doesn't seem to be any summer like mods that don't make huge fps killing changes...

Anyway, I wish you and your fiance the best :smile: maybe I'll find a solution so I can use this hopefully.

I know, I used to really like to use the Spring Floral Overhaul but it had my system overworked so bad no matter what ini settings or anything. There are several plants now that I have replaced with various textures hand picked from several locations. All I use for grass now is Skyrim Landscape Overhaul - Fieldgrass02, which replaces the default ground grass cover concealment that is usually brown into a carpet of green country club looking grass. Then if I need an area spruced up, I add various vanilla plants in the creation kit if not a busy area of my game and let Noble Skyrim and my hand picked texture replacers for those plants to do it's work. I also use this mod that removes grass and unused rocks from underwater to free up frame rate space. I used to run across Tamriel forests at 25 to 30 fps with constant ctd here and there. Now I run it at 60 fps depending on how fast I run. Plus, with using SexLab on my system, I am running into many occasions where x creature or NPC grabs me up in to middle of the forest and then it used to be we would disappear somewhere in the depths of the jungle, only to hear the moans and other sounds effects until it was all over and heads pop back up out of the wild foliage. But now, I can see everything happening. Everything isn't concealed anymore. In the wolf den, I get 60 fps even when packed with all wolves, full family and 5 followers. I do need to clean this with TESvEdit but that takes time with me having my face 2 inches from the screen so I can read it barely. On the to-do list. Then it might run smoother for some other people. I'll get on that!

3 hours ago, AndragonFirefly said:

I know, I used to really like to use the Spring Floral Overhaul but it had my system overworked so bad no matter what ini settings or anything. There are several plants now that I have replaced with various textures hand picked from several locations. All I use for grass now is Skyrim Landscape Overhaul - Fieldgrass02, which replaces the default ground grass cover concealment that is usually brown into a carpet of green country club looking grass. Then if I need an area spruced up, I add various vanilla plants in the creation kit if not a busy area of my game and let Noble Skyrim and my hand picked texture replacers for those plants to do it's work. I also use this mod that removes grass and unused rocks from underwater to free up frame rate space. I used to run across Tamriel forests at 25 to 30 fps with constant ctd here and there. Now I run it at 60 fps depending on how fast I run. Plus, with using SexLab on my system, I am running into many occasions where x creature or NPC grabs me up in to middle of the forest and then it used to be we would disappear somewhere in the depths of the jungle, only to hear the moans and other sounds effects until it was all over and heads pop back up out of the wild foliage. But now, I can see everything happening. Everything isn't concealed anymore. In the wolf den, I get 60 fps even when packed with all wolves, full family and 5 followers. I do need to clean this with TESvEdit but that takes time with me having my face 2 inches from the screen so I can read it barely. On the to-do list. Then it might run smoother for some other people. I'll get on that!

I wish I had a more stable system lol, I use as many stability mods as I can figure out how to use, I have crash fixes, inconsequential item remover, every ini memory fix I could find including a boost to papyrus allowance to reduce sexlab related crashes, NO grass at all, just trees, the summer mod I use just enlarges plants such as alchemical ones, snowberries, deathbell, etc.

I just tried switching to "Green Skyrim" which just makes existing textures more vibrant instead of changing anything like environmental item additions, but I still can't run with this mod, it would seem my rig isn't getting along with the amount of statues and environmental items you've placed around the cell, as soon as I go toward the dwarven lights and look at the fountain with the dibella statues outside, the frame-rate takes a nose-dive, screams "Mayday Mayday! we're going down!" and crashes lol.

If I manage to get inside the home, it runs a little better, until the dibella statues come into view, then the frame-rate freaks out again, so I'm guessing it's mainly the amount of statues that my game doesn't like, it crashes in front of the outside fountain supposedly because it has to render the moving water along with the 4 to 6 Mega high poly dibella statues around it, the statues are a really nice touch, but maybe if you could place fewer of them, and instead spread them out in places of prominence in the home, it might not take such a heavy toll on the system.

I use the dibellan sisterhood mod and my rig can put up with the statues from there, they're bigger, but I think Skyrim cares more about the quantity of items more than size, I rarely had issues with my summer overhaul unless there was a high quantity of items/plants in a cell, it doesn't even tank too hard when I look at the huge JackGa final fantasy looking statue outside the wolf cave, only when I move through highly cluttered areas.

It sucks cos I can't use at least 95% of house mods on the nexus and beyond due to the same problem with clutter lol, I dunno man, every modder in the world must have a super computer that can run through environments with a hundred items per square meter at 60 fps haha, unfortunately for me, I just have an intel dual core laptop, it just nopes out on me if I look at an area with more than 15 items in a small area, and if I look toward an area with more than 5 npcs, 2 or 3 if said npc's are standalone followers, my rig just goes nope, feck that, I'm out lol. :tongue:

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...