How to Change NPC/Follower Body?

So I want to be able to edit my followers bodies using the UUNP morphs that are the in the racemenu, since I use the zeroed sliders and I want to have my followers have unique bodies. Any clue on how to do that? Also, they're not custom followers, they're all from Skyrim (e.g Lydia), with just mods that change how they look (Face and hair).

I tried using Alternate Actors, but when I use it and switch to the NPC/Follower I want to change, it just uses the body morph that I use for my character, and my characters body morph then resets. So I would like an alternate to this mod. I remember having this mod that made me edit the body of an NPC through the MCM. I remember specifically making Olfina and Ria have a thicker body compared to all other NPCs who had zeroed sliders.

I know you can do it using CK, but that method is too long and confusing and I honestly don't have the patience for that.

Might I ask if this was the mod you were using?

PS Universal PC NPC Body Changer:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47791

I mean this mod is purely up to 100 NPCs according to the author. However, I run a custom standalone race and most standalone follower race that allows for some difference. While I just use a standard created body through Bodyslide for the vanilla NPCs. However, the mod above might be what you are looking for. If anyone else has a better answer, please correct me.

What I mean by changing the NPC body, is like editing it, like how you can edit your characters body using the morphs in the racemenu. For example, I would take an NPC and manually tweak the breasts, butt, arms, legs etc.

10 minutes ago, Uncle64 said:

Tried this one?

Bodytypes of Skyrim

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40280

Not what I'm looking for.

7 minutes ago, Jhinjer said:

I mean this mod is purely up to 100 NPCs according to the author. However, I run a custom standalone race and most standalone follower race that allows for some difference. While I just use a standard created body through Bodyslide for the vanilla NPCs. However, the mod above might be what you are looking for. If anyone else has a better answer, please correct me.

This changes the body if you're using multiple bodies like CBBE, UNP etc. I only use the UUNP body.

15 minutes ago, Jhinjer said:

Yeah. I think you have to make a custom race for each different body you want to use. Could be wrong though. You can do this in X-edit as well. Make a race like Bosmer point to a renamed nif you create in BS. To make a custom body for Lydia for example, I would copy the race she already uses and then have that race point to the new nif. Unfortunately, you might still need the CK for everything to look right. I do this all the time in FNV, but, things are more complicated in Skyrim.

28 minutes ago, Aliyana said:

So I want to be able to edit my followers bodies using the UUNP morphs that are the in the racemenu, since I use the zeroed sliders and I want to have my followers have unique bodies. Any clue on how to do that? Also, they're not custom followers, they're all from Skyrim (e.g Lydia), with just mods that change how they look (Face and hair).

I tried using Alternate Actors, but when I use it and switch to the NPC/Follower I want to change, it just uses the body morph that I use for my character, and my characters body morph then resets. So I would like an alternate to this mod. I remember having this mod that made me edit the body of an NPC through the MCM. I remember specifically making Olfina and Ria have a thicker body compared to all other NPCs who had zeroed sliders.

I know you can do it using CK, but that method is too long and confusing and I honestly don't have the patience for that.

Bijin Warmaidens provides custom folders for the npcs into which you can simply drop whatever UUNP body you want. Of course you would first need to generate the bodies with Bodyslide and then copy the meshes into the provided folders.

A note on PS Universal PC NPC Body Changer.

You can replace the body mesh sets with your own custom uunp bodies by just dragging and replacing the nif files in their folders to get the desired body type in game on any npc race. Same with textures but I don't think you can change the head textures sadly.

So you could create whatever body preset you want in bodyslide and then apply it to any npc.

Edit. Also you don't even need this mod to change body meshes for some of the npcs you mentioned like lydia. If you are using npc overuhaul mods like BTRH that also change the npc body you can just replace the mesh files from those mods too, which is what I do. It's better to not use PS Universal as much as possible since it really puts a heavy thick load on your performance.

13 hours ago, afa said:

Get EFF (and maybe Racemenu also, but I am guessing you have it already), go up to a follower and look for the tattoo option. It should boot up the racemenu sliders and let you mess around with their bodies.

I had EFF but I didn't know how to use it, turns out I had to send my follower home then make them follow me again to make the mod work. Thanks for the help!

Archived