Random Mod armor for NPCs

There are so many nice armor mods for the player out there in the Internet, but i have a problem: i can only use one. So it would be very nice to see everyone them all the time.

So my Question is if there is a mod out there, or if someone could make one, where all the NPCs in Skyrim can randomly carry any armor added from any armor mod? 

If those mods have the armours added to the correct level lists then npc will use them, another option if you can get it to run is lootification which will also add enchanted versions including wintermyst enchants if you have it installed to npcs and such, I think the requiem overhaul also does it with its patcher (not too sure about this as I never got the patcher to work), worlds dawn also does but not too sure if it is only adds enchanted versions or the base ones and that requires the armour to be in level lists anyway.

In the end it all boils down to has the person making that armour mod added them to the correct or any level lists that npc's draw from in most cases this is a no as it is tedious as hell to add them, not too hard to do but time consuming and tedious.  In some cases you might find that while the mod author has not added them to level lists, another person has done so.  What I have found is that a rough guide is the bigger the armour pack the more likely it is that somebody will make a level list integration for it.

It would also depend on the armour mod as to whether you can get somebody else to do it or not, I tend to add the to the correct level lists when editing the armour mods to be added to my own merge armour packs other wise I tend not to bother too much.

20 hours ago, Varithina said:

If those mods have the armours added to the correct level lists then npc will use them, another option if you can get it to run is lootification which will also add enchanted versions including wintermyst enchants if you have it installed to npcs and such, I think the requiem overhaul also does it with its patcher (not too sure about this as I never got the patcher to work), worlds dawn also does but not too sure if it is only adds enchanted versions or the base ones and that requires the armour to be in level lists anyway.

In the end it all boils down to has the person making that armour mod added them to the correct or any level lists that npc's draw from in most cases this is a no as it is tedious as hell to add them, not too hard to do but time consuming and tedious.  In some cases you might find that while the mod author has not added them to level lists, another person has done so.  What I have found is that a rough guide is the bigger the armour pack the more likely it is that somebody will make a level list integration for it.

It would also depend on the armour mod as to whether you can get somebody else to do it or not, I tend to add the to the correct level lists when editing the armour mods to be added to my own merge armour packs other wise I tend not to bother too much.

Thanks for the reply

4 hours ago, Heinz01 said:

Hi,

with this mod you can add your armor mods randomly to bandits and some other enemies through an MCM Menu:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64778

combine it with worlds dawn (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73094) so they can have random enchantments too

First mod looks kinda nice, though the cloak spell way of adding things could potentially cause problems, which is why some other mods moved away from cloak spells to do things.  Though I would imagine it depends on how the cloak spell is set up.  Though it does look kinda fiddly to set up, but reading further looks like once set up is pretty much ignore it, though I would imagine changing load order could cause problems with it.

9 hours ago, Heinz01 said:

Hi,

with this mod you can add your armor mods randomly to bandits and some other enemies through an MCM Menu:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64778

combine it with worlds dawn (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73094) so they can have random enchantments too

Well Thank you for saving my wish ;) I almost gave up on it, but you saved the day!

7 hours ago, Varithina said:

First mod looks kinda nice, though the cloak spell way of adding things could potentially cause problems, which is why some other mods moved away from cloak spells to do things.  Though I would imagine it depends on how the cloak spell is set up.  Though it does look kinda fiddly to set up, but reading further looks like once set up is pretty much ignore it, though I would imagine changing load order could cause problems with it.

Yeah its a bit clicky at first setup but once it is done (i do it on character creation (with LAL)) its okay to play the game.

First you have to enter the correct numbers from your loadorder (highest possible number is 7F, so you should move the armor mods to the first 128 of your loadorder)

Then you must apply them and wait a few minutes (for every single mod). This takes some time but once its done, the armor mods are locked in modded loot. Minor changes to the loadorder have no effect to this after this. 

Downside is, some armor mods dont have meshes for males. If a male bandit gets one of these armors equipped, the particular body part turns invisible. So its recommended to check the favoured armors as a male first to avoid this.

Didnt encounter any problems with the cloakspell. Brawls dont turn into fights with that (although i would prefer it :smile: )

1 hour ago, Heinz01 said:

Downside is, some armor mods dont have meshes for males. If a male bandit gets one of these armors equipped, the particular body part turns invisible. So its recommended to check the favoured armors as a male first to avoid this.

Normally what I do in that case it assign vanilla male meshes for the appropriate armour types, so if the female armour is flagged as orcish I will assing the male to the vanailla orcish armor meshes, that usually sorts it same for gloves and such, things like skirts and the odd slots I tend to go on the keywords the modded armour has, so anything that goes on torso/hips/abdomen is male torso armour, thighs. low legs etch boots, etc.

Archived