[Help] Removing Armor pieces in Outfit Studio

Hey!

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum :open_mouth: but I could use some help with something, or at least someone pointing out "No silly, you can't even do that!" :tongue:

What I'm trying to do is open an armor piece in Outfit Studio (The Operator's Torso Light 2, the one with the bullet belt), and want to basically remove all visible armor from it except for the bullet belt part. See reference pictures below o/

So far the best I can do that I found is I can mask the entire belt, and then shrink the top armor piece to such a small size it shouldn't be visible anymore. The problem is when I do this and save the "project" or "export the .nif", the armor part is still there when I check the item in BodySlide (and I assume will still be visible in game)

Is there any way I can achieve this with Outfit Studio, since I have no knowledge whatsoever of 3D Modeling? D:

I'll leave a picture below of the "outfit" in question, and then below that, a picture of what it should look like in game after the edits are done (if possible >_>):

https://i.imgur.com/A48pGfD.png

https://i.imgur.com/25a3Aje.png

Thanks a ton to any Outfit Studio Wizard that may be able to lend a hand with this o/

You were on the right track when you masked the belt (red vertices). When you mask the belt again go to Shape->Delete Vertices, this will delete any unmasked parts (green vertices) of the mesh.

Alternatively you could mask the armor and go to Shape->Separate Vertices. This will, of course, separate the armor from the belt creating a new piece. At this point you can simply delete the now separated armor piece leaving the belt intact.

My experience doing this is with Skyrim but should work with F4 since they both use the same Outfit Studio.

1 hour ago, UnEvenSteven said:

You were on the right track when you masked the belt (red vertices). When you mask the belt again go to Shape->Delete Vertices, this will delete any unmasked parts (green vertices) of the mesh.

Alternatively you could mask the armor and go to Shape->Separate Vertices. This will, of course, separate the armor from the belt creating a new piece. At this point you can simply delete the now separated armor piece leaving the belt intact.

My experience doing this is with Skyrim but should work with F4 since they both use the same Outfit Studio.

Hmm I don't have any options to delete or separate vertices... I figured I would have tried that if I'd seen it xD Maybe I'm using an older version of Bodyslide / Outfit Studio, or you just can't do that in Fallout 4 like you could in Skyrim?

What I see under the Shapes menu up to:

https://i.imgur.com/0ubbzut.png

Note that the *Delete* option in there deletes the entire thing, masked or unmasked.

2 hours ago, UnEvenSteven said:

That's exactly how it works in FO4 as well.

Alternatively @MonaBabii - that particular bullet belt is included in CrimsomRider's Accessories - if you are just looking to use it in game.  If you are looking to include that in a different outfit/mod that you are creating, then you are absolutely going down the right path.

Okay yeah, my Bodyslide / Outfit Studio was just extremely out-dated. Thanks so much for pointing out the current version! NMM Said my current version was 3.8, and the latest was also 3.8 >_> didn't give me a single hint that a new version was available. I'm not gonna trust that crap anymore lol.

2 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

That's exactly how it works in FO4 as well.

Alternatively @MonaBabii - that particular bullet belt is included in CrimsomRider's Accessories - if you are just looking to use it in game.  If you are looking to include that in a different outfit/mod that you are creating, then you are absolutely going down the right path.

Yeah someone suggested I look into that Mod already AWP3RATOR, but sadly I don't have Armorsmith Extended installed, and I'm reluctant too for fear it'll break things or change things too drastically :frown: don't want to install it just to be able to use a belt lol, I'm not planning on creating a mod, just want to wear the damned thing without the armor xD.

Thank you for the suggestion though!

4 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Oh that was you!  Lol, I was thinking to myself "someone just asked about this a couple days back" lol.  If you need help with it, let me know.

Well, since you're offering... I would love to know maybe how I could turn this "armor" into an actual "belt" now, if possible? I've now successfully managed to make a "Zap" slider to hide the armor before I build the thing, but would love for it to equip a belt slot instead of the armor... Is there an easy way to go about doing that?

35 minutes ago, MonaBabii said:

Well, since you're offering... I would love to know maybe how I could turn this "armor" into an actual "belt" now, if possible? I've now successfully managed to make a "Zap" slider to hide the armor before I build the thing, but would love for it to equip a belt slot instead of the armor... Is there an easy way to go about doing that?

Yep - Best to save out your edited mesh (either armor piece either deleted [best] or zapped out [ok too] as a new mesh file.

In FO4Edit (or CK) copy both the Armor Record and Armor Addon as new records, to a new plugin.

Then make the following modifications:

Armor Record

1. Change the name to something like "Bullet Belt"
  2. Point the MODL - Armor Addon reference at your new AA record
  3. Biped Body Template slot flags - from Torso to 55 (Unnamed in FO4Edit)

Armor Addon

1. Same biped body template change as above
  2. Change the Male and Female world models to your new mesh

In game you can console yourself the new belt:

help "bullet belt" 4 armo

player.equipitem <ref_id from above search> 1   (adds to inventory and equips it... player.additem just adds it)

Screens of how it should look in FO4Edit.  Only changes are in red boxes with bold text ;)  

This assumes you have male and female meshes at the following path:

Meshes\Armor\MonaBabii\monababii_belt_M.nif

Meshes\Armor\MonaBabii\monababii_belt_F.nif

All textures/etc. will be used from vanilla assets

Armor Record:  (Copy of DLC04_Armor_Operators_Light_Torso_02 "Operators Chest Piece" [ARMO:0103B8AE])

image.thumb.png.d1ef000b5581461c501843411706dbad.png

AA Record: (copy of DLC04_AA_Armor_Operators_Light02_Torso [ARMA:01035717])

image.thumb.png.aacc211ea3badfaf518e1d7e3251e308.png

Also, keep in mind this is a vanilla sized record - so when worn with a CBBE body, it may not fit.  From this vanilla record, you can create the CBBE outfit variation by going through those steps to first size the outfit to the CBBE body with Vanilla to CBBE reference, set base shape, then apply the CBBE body reference and conform sliders.

Archived