Help with BodyGen functions

So I'm working on a mod that I want to apply keywords based on whether an actor has a particular slider.  I thought I could use GetMorphs() from BodyGen, but I keep getting an immediate CTD once the function is applied.  Is there an alternative way to retrieve slider names via script or am I missing something with using GetMorphs?  The armor in question is a custom CBBE based model that has additional sliders.

I thought maybe I could base it off the return value from GetMorph() to retrieve the slider value, but that returns 0 when it encounters a slider it doesn't know rather than returning a NONE value.

Thanks in advance!

I’m putting this method on the backburner. For now, I’m applying a keyword via script to the armors that use the sliders I’m concerned with. It’s not as elegant as I’d like and requires more front end setup on my part, but it works. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2018 at 7:16 PM, Carreau said:

I’m putting this method on the backburner. For now, I’m applying a keyword via script to the armors that use the sliders I’m concerned with. It’s not as elegant as I’d like and requires more front end setup on my part, but it works. 

I was able to get custom bodymorphs working. Post the part of the code that is causing an issue and maybe I can see what is happening...

I deleted the code, but it was just using the bodygen function GetMorphs(). It should return an array of strings of all morphs applicable to the actor passed in.

the idea is that the actor with the custom slider body would have the particular slider name in its array. It would allow an elegant filter method to screen for the particular body without producing mod dependencies. 

The CTD was specifically tied to the function. I confirmed it with debug traces immediately above and below and it was repeatable 

Yeah. Same. I’m using setmorph, getmorph, and updatemorphs just fine. 

Remember getmorphs and getmorph are two different functions.  I went through the github committ, and I’m not seeing a reason for this from the c++ side :confused:

my work around was to apply keywords to the armors I know have the slider I care about, so my end result is still working as I want, but it’s not as eloquent as I’d like. 

Archived