Tera Elin Mod resource

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So I altered a mod which changes Piper's appearance with these files and added a wig for the hair, but I still have one issue I can't figure out.

ElinNeckIssue.jpg.f6ad8e1a4d7d082f69793fa2f4a3f9fa.jpg

The neck is a separate mesh from the head and uses a different face/neck texture than the head.

The texture associated with it is connected in the nif, so I can see the texture on the neck in nifskope, but it doesn't show up in the game.

Using F04edit, I just threw it in as a misc, since there is no option for "neck", only head, body, tattoo, etc, and that didn't work.

Using outfit studio, I connected the head and neck as a single nif and that didn't work.

I'm honestly unsure how to approach this, since nothing else I could find has a separate neck mesh and texture.

Usually the texture for the face has the neck on it, and this face texture has stuff where the neck usually is.

Any insights on how to fix this issue would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

face_d.dds

Well I've narrowed down the neck problem to the combined nif.

Unedited it looks like the picture above.

Using 2 nifskope windows, I connected the head, lashes, and neck... then the face was invisible and the neck was using the face texture.

So, I just connected the face and neck... then the face was still invisible and the neck was black.

All texture paths were correct and it looked fine in nifskope.

Googling forever kept bringing up matching partition names for dismemberment, the that's for skyrim and that isn't in my files.

Saw something about bones spheres not on the screen being a cause of invisible objects, but those are fine.

I just don't know enough to properly figure this out.

I wanted to make all the .tri for the Elin to make it have proper animations, but I won't bother putting work into something I can't fix in the first place.

Any help would be awesome.

I'm just going to put this out there to save you time. Stop.

I went down the same path and stopped at the .tri morphs. Turkeytail has actually constructed the entire race with higher quality resources with completed .tri morphs as well as a proper body scale. I know this because there is a twitch streamer using this in their playthrough of FO4. You can ask Turkeytail for a copy but the likelihood of that happening is equivalent of winning the lottery as I asked and got rejected since it was a private mod. Don't bother asking the streamer either, a code of honor is likely in place to prevent unknown redistribution.

From what I can tell with the Twitch streamer, the mod looks to include increased speed to compensate for the speed loss due to being smaller as well as using a full HDT skeleton, possibly the hair is also physics-ed as well. The guy was wearing a wig helmet which means there is only a single hair for the preset that even works.

Don't use the morphs from Skyrim or Skyrim SE as the morphs are not compatible and will crash the game. Even if you were to get it to work, you have to work out the texture issues and build a body with the proper scale, which is not included here.

I buried this mod as something that will never be released ever to a non asian player and even the resources given may as well be table scraps due to how bad in comparison to the full mod is. I interpret it as a taunt but that's me still being salty about the ordeal of having to chase this down for at least a month only to end with a door being slammed in my face. Just move on and save yourself some stress.

Edit: If you really want to make your own Elin with blackjack and hookers, here are some detailed instructions here: 

Edit 2: If you are fully intent on going down this path, use the resources from the Skyrim Special Edition version since those will be of far higher quality than what is provided here.

Reason he keeps it private is because everyone reported him to hell and back both here and Nexus until he was finally perma-banned from both sites. Luckily I have his final build of the files.

Oof

Thank you Avatier for the heads up and info.

I'm not sure what I'll do, but I'm pretty far down the rabbit hole atm. lol

This whole process have taught me a lot about what I could make in F04.

I truly empathize with you and appreciate the helpful response.

SunJeong, I didn't realize that happened with Turkeytail.

The Nexus I kind of understand, but I'm surprised that was an issue on LL too.

Thanks for the info. ^^

Now I need to think about this.

Thanks again guys.

You will also need one last resource to make it into a preset. Check out the Freakish Race Tutorial on the regular modding site that most people visit. It gives some more insight into the problem since there are some strange issues that can make it crash as well as the instructions for the conversion into a playable preset.

I've never known about the situation here with Turkeytail either so that lessens my saltiness a little bit. Mind you I wouldn't be as salty if I didn't have to go through a second set of hoops to get a second meeting just to have my hopes crushed in real time right in front of them, that is why I'm still bitter about the ordeal. If I was rejected from the first message like the other contacts I would of been fine with it. It's their mod and they can do whatever they want with it however the extra steps I had to go through to get punched in the gut was not necessary. However I think that was more of a language barrier issue. This is not a knock against Turkeytail, they have done a fantastic deal of work bringing what was impossible before into the realm of possibility it's just my own personal experience was not the best. I probably shouldn't have invested so much investigative work into it either now that I think about it ?

Let me put my research here from my 1.5+ months of research, there are 4 other individuals at minimum who have the build files. Two are hanging around on Naver Cafe, one in Taiwan and one in Russia. These files exist nowhere else except for the ones who have them already. The chans, Naver, 9Damao, 3DM, and the various Japanese sites do not have a copy of these. This is a surprise since the Japanese made the original race with the morphs for Skyrim before it was upgraded into the form that is here today. The only mention in 9Damao was a small thread telling others to contact the creator directly for a copy. The one from Russia is from an imgur album with the UI in russian. Basically you're not going to get the files by asking around. I've tried, trust me.

I've attempted to use Turkeytail's other mods as a basis for the reverse engineering. I can tell you that the files are not compatible despite being from the same game. Everything will have to be built from scratch. You will need Blender at a minimum to test if the morphs work, if they deform properly you have gotten a good deal to work, more than my own efforts. This is not the only place the base resources were posted either. The other places that they had the resources posted found the models and textures to be so low grade that they just gave up before even starting. You'll also need to figure out how to get better textures, normal maps and a diffuse maps as the ones provided look like they came straight out of Quake 2 with pixels the size of watermelons.

I need to put this to rest as I've already wasted a great deal of time to this already. Good luck.

Wow, you went deep man.

I wouldn't have gotten that far trying to find people.

I completely understand how frustrated you were though.

I have looked into freakish race tutorial.

It's very helpful, but missing some stuff that may be common knowledge to some.

That's where I learned about .tri morphs.

As far as resources...

The MMD community, specifically on DeviantArt have posted base Elin models, hair and outfits.

Those files are for MMD programs but can be converted and have high quality models and textures.

So, I've been collecting those as I find them.

There's also newer communities around making avatars for VRChat, which convert game characters.

I didn't see Elin there though.

I was considering making Poppi from Xenoblade 2 as a companion using that.

Going off the deep end, I've also been considering making a model from scratch, once I learn more and get some more examples of stuff that works.

I found a picture that Blue Hole released of an Elin made for the next Tera game, Project EXA.

It would be monumentally more time consuming, but I could probably replicate it with enough time. (at least the 3d model)

For now need to learn more about how to create races from scratch and importing models.

Most mods seem to focus on weapons, clothing, abilities rather than new characters with different body types so I may be swimming up stream for a little while.

Making a 3d model is one thing, but making it work in game is still very new to me.

Honestly, I probably wouldn't be this interested in all of this modding if I wasn't playing the game in VR. O.o

Since there's no F4SE support for the VR version, that's yet another flaming hoop to jump through.

Thank you again, Avatier.

ElinNextWireframe.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...