Oblivion Hair Transparency Issues

I downloaded a mod created by a user here that adds the Holic Hair from Newsea as wigs into Oblivion, however I have an issue with the wig's textures in-game. They are transparent in certain areas of the hair, and you can see the player's head through them.  I looked at the model in Nifskope with the textures enabled, and they look fine. Why are they transparent in-game?

https://imgur.com/a/2snof

Holic.rar

59 minutes ago, Jack of All Trades said:

I downloaded a mod created by a user here that adds the Holic Hair from Newsea as wigs into Oblivion, however I have an issue with the wig's textures in-game. They are transparent in certain areas of the hair, and you can see the player's head through them.  I looked at the model in Nifskope with the textures enabled, and they look fine. Why are they transparent in-game?

https://imgur.com/a/2snof

Holic.rar

There is an Alpha Property added to the hair. You can try removing it and see how it looks...but chances are it needs the Alpha to look correct.

Also...anytime you get two textures with Alpha properties overlapping, you can get invisible textures. Hair over a see-through shirt, for example.

Hmm...is that the Holic hair I ported ages ago?...if so...someone's already messed up with it, it's missing some stuff...if not, nevermind...

Anyways, since it's a wig, this is relatively easy to fix:

- Open it with Nifskope

- Click on the small arrow next to "holic0" to expand that node

- Find the NiAlphaProperty

- Set the Flags & Treshold (on the Block Details on the right) values to 4845 & 40 respectively

- Now, right-click on "holic0" > Block > Copy Branch

- Right-Click on "Scene Root" > Block > Paste Branch

- Expand the new "holic0" node

- Once again, find the alpha property but this time set the values to 4846 & 200.

- Save, that's it

Unlike hairs, wigs can have duplicate hair objects with different alpha values, effectively killing the transparency issues, there is also a fix for regular hairs, but the workload involved in it is...way more than it's worth it.

4 hours ago, Risray said:

Hmm...is that the Holic hair I ported ages ago?...if so...someone's already messed up with it, it's missing some stuff...if not, nevermind...

Anyways, since it's a wig, this is relatively easy to fix:

- Open it with Nifskope

- Click on the small arrow next to "holic0" to expand that node

- Find the NiAlphaProperty

- Set the Flags & Treshold (on the Block Details on the right) values to 4850 & 40 respectively

- Now, right-click on "holic0" > Block > Copy Branch

- Right-Click on "Scene Root" > Block > Paste Branch

- Expand the new "holic0" node

- Once again, find the alpha property but this time set the values to 4860 & 200.

- Save, that's it

Unlike hairs, wigs can have duplicate hair objects with different alpha values, effectively killing the transparency issues, there is also a fix for regular hairs, but the workload involved in it is...way more than it's worth it.

I got it from here, but hey if you have a better version of it (such as a Non-Wig version), could you post it? I'd really appreciate it!

In the meantime, I'll follow your steps and see how it comes out. :smile:

EDIT: Yup! That fixed it, I was kind of worried when making this topic because I thought it was an obscure issue that no one would have known how to fix, but thank you for leaving me pleasantly surprised and for your help! :smiley: 

Archived