SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

3 hours ago, TheMoon401 said:

All my mods are up to date but I keep getting stuck on the dragon logo I got a 44hr character

;-; Is this all for not

I am not up to date and will not be so for some time, but you are describing an issue I have seen discussed in the Unofficial Patch thread. I encourage you to read that thread but from what I understand that is caused by changes the patch made to Aventus Aretino' s package that conflicts with various children mods. (Horrible explanation, but reading the thread will give you a better explanation.)

1 hour ago, Thenryb said:

I am not up to date and will not be so for some time, but you are describing an issue I have seen discussed in the Unofficial Patch thread. I encourage you to read that thread but from what I understand that is caused by changes the patch made to Aventus Aretino' s package that conflicts with various children mods. (Horrible explanation, but reading the thread will give you a better explanation.)

through trial an error the mod causing the infinite loading on the main menu was the unofficial skyrim special edition patch, I wish I had seen your post 2 hours ago F

There are 2 SSE Engine Fixes mods, one of which has an update, but it isn't clear from what I read last if the Achievments enable part is working or not?  Can anyone confirm?  I'm talking about this one:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230/?tab=posts

There's one post talking about it, but given that there are 2 mods I'm hoping they might have confused which one they had installed...

1 hour ago, 4nk8r said:

There are 2 SSE Engine Fixes mods, one of which has an update, but it isn't clear from what I read last if the Achievments enable part is working or not?  Can anyone confirm?  I'm talking about this one:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230/?tab=posts

There's one post talking about it, but given that there are 2 mods I'm hoping they might have confused which one they had installed...

Are you talking about SSE Fixes and SSE Engine Fixes?

SSE Fixes was the first one that came out and had some fixes, such as re-enabling achievements. Achievements Mod Enabler was before or after, I don't know, but eventually SSE Fixes incorporated the same fix into it. So if you have SSE Fixes then you get achievements and other things.

SSE Engine Fixes came out second. It now has (IIRC) everything that SSE Fixes had, plus some more. Including achievements. So if you have SSE Engine Fixes then you get achievements and other things. It also means that SSE Fixes is obsolete, but the author is still maintaining that mod - same for AME too, in fact.

The current recommendation is that you install SSE Engine Fixes. You do not need SSE Fixes or AME.

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

The current recommendation is that you install SSE Engine Fixes. You do not need SSE Fixes or AME.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Sadly that also means that 'a few' mods havn't updated their list of requirements for some time now... 

2 hours ago, walkingfree2020 said:

wish i knew how to update the hdt stuff. it's the last one i need to have all my mods up to date and such. granted it can play with it buggy but dont want to potentially corrupt any saves >.<

Hope that Hydrogen will update it, and wait.

24 minutes ago, Kythana said:

@tasairis

Is it OK if i borrow your statement 'If your Skyrim updated automatically...' for my thread?

Changing it a bit and it would be perfect for the 'Tips and Tricks' section.

Sure - it's just the same instructions that get posted over and over around the internet, although many don't include the (1)st step.