scripted triggers

joemann

I am trying to use a scripted trigger as a condition and it does not appear to yield the expected result. I suspect my logic is wrong.

the trigger is :

is_submissive = {
    NOR = {
        trait = stubborn
        trait = proud
        trait = willful
        trait = haughty
    }
    OR = {
        trait = timid
        trait = humble
        trait = craven
        trait = shy
    }
}

I believe this to mean: the character should have none of the first four traits and at least one of the second four traits to qualify for the event. Is that correct?

I have a second trigger is_dominant with the same traits but the other way round.

In the following event I use  a character that has only one submissive trait ( and the average tits trait). running the event ten times it results in 9 default events .9200  and one refuse punishments event .902 . The latter should only turn up for characters with a dominant trait. The loves punishment event never turns up even though there is a 90% chance.

Is my trigger wrong or is there a problem with the random list?

# .230 Disciplining Spouse, Lover or Concubine - player is male, lover is female
narrative_event = {
    id = RSLVisits.230
    desc = "RSLVisits230"
    picture = discipline_spouse_01
    title = rsl_disciplining_spouse

is_triggered_only = yes # Triggered from .2
    immediate = {

if = {                     # She seems to like it
                limit = {
                     is_submissive = yes
                    NOT = { is_dominant = yes
                    }
                }
                random_list = {
                    10 = { ##accepts punishment        
                    event_target:rsl_visit_target = { add_character_modifier = { name = rsl_sore_bottom duration = 30 }}
                    event_target:rsl_visit_target = { add_character_modifier = { name = rsl_correction_accepted duration = 60 }}
                    host = { narrative_event = { id = RSLVisits.9200 }} ## spank bottom

}
                    90 = { ## loves punishment
                    event_target:rsl_visit_target = { add_character_modifier = { name = rsl_sore_bottom duration = 30 }}
                    event_target:rsl_visit_target = { add_character_modifier = { name = rsl_correction_accepted duration = 60 }}
                    event_target:rsl_visit_target = { add_character_modifier = { name = rsl_good_sex duration = 30 }}
                    host = { narrative_event = { id = RSLVisits.9201 }} ## spank bottom make her come
                    add_trait = submissive

}
                }    

}
            if = {                
                limit = {
                     is_dominant = yes
                    NOT = { is_submissive = yes
                    }
                }
                random_list = {
                    90 = { ##accepts punishment        

}
                    10 = { ## resists punishment
                    event_target:rsl_visit_target = { add_character_modifier = { name = rsl_very_sore_bottom duration = 60 }}
                    event_target:rsl_visit_target = { add_character_modifier = { name = rsl_correction_refused duration = 120 }}
                    host = { narrative_event = { id = RSLVisits.9202 }} ## cane her bottom make her scream

}
                }

}
            if = {
                    limit = {                                    ## if none of the conditions apply we go to default mode
                            is_submissive = no
                            is_dominant = no
                    }

}
    }    
        option = {
                name = rsl_option1
    }
}

Well, you are testing wether ROOT (not the event target) is submissive/dominant in your code, so there's that. Probably all the immediate should be wrapped in an event_target:rsl_visit_target scope change. I'd go further and rewrite some of it to be even more concise, like so:

has_submissive_traits = {
    OR = {
        trait = timid
        trait = humble
        trait = craven
        trait = shy
    }
}

has_dominant_traits = {
    OR = {
        trait = stubborn
        trait = proud
        trait = willful
        trait = haughty
    }
}

#now we can define being submissive and dominant in a more concise way

is_submissive = {
    has_sobmissive_trait = yes
    has_dominant_trait = no
}

is_dominant = {
    has_sobmissive_trait = no
    has_dominant_trait = yes
}

and this is how I'd rephrase the immediate 

immediate = {
        event_target:rsl_visit_target = {
            random_list = {
                10 = { ## resists punishment
                    trigger = { is_dominant = yes }
                    add_character_modifier = { name = rsl_sore_bottom duration = 60 }
                    add_character_modifier = { name = rsl_correction_refused duration = 120 }
                    host = { narrative_event = { id = RSLVisits.9202 }} ## cane her bottom make her scream
                }
                90 = { ## doesn't resist
                    add_character_modifier = { name = rsl_sore_bottom duration = 30 }
                    add_character_modifier = { name = rsl_correction_accepted duration = 60 }
                    random_list = {
                        90 = { # love it
                            trigger = { is_submissive = yes }
                            add_character_modifier = { name = rsl_good_sex duration = 30 }
                            add_trait = submissive
                            host = { narrative_event = { id = RSLVisits.9201 }} ## spank bottom make her come
                        }
                        10 = { # normal reaction
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }    

Wow! Thanks a lot. It certainly makes it a lot more condensed. One question about the random list. Do 10% of all characters resist or  10% of all characters with the dominant trait. What happens to the other 90% ? Will join the non resisting group and get a regular spanking event (or will  they be out of the loop ? which is not the purpose).

Same thing for the second list. If I am sure I understand the concept I can tweak the numbers to get something that feels right.

Thanks again. Help like this is really precious to get a better understanding how to write this stuff.

I implemented this and it works. One remaining problem is that the narrative event .9201 does not fire, neither is the submissive trait added. The character modifier (good sex) just above it is though.

Is it a scope question? validator sees nothing wrong.

Archived