Bikini Armor (Armor Slot Adjustments)

Hello, fellow modder here. I have a small problem I would like to ask if LL community can help with.

I have the Legendary Bikini Armor installed, with the CBBE bodyslide conversion as well. I output all the armor pieces with proper cbbe body i want using bodyslide. I booted up the game and started messing with all the different pieces to get a good look for my character (lots and lots of mix and match you can do)

however, there is one piece that I would really love to have on my character's shoulders, Wolf Pelt, but it conflicts with armor slot for Steel Thigh Armor.

I already tried the armor slot change method that involves both CK and Nifskope using this method:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Skyrim_bodyparts_number

I checked and rechecked and triple checked everything, but no matter what slot I use for Wolf Pelt, it will automatically unequip Steel Thigh Armor. Depending on what armor slot it was assigned, the wolf pelt will also appear invisible. I tweaked for about 2 hours and found out slot #48 is really the only one that will make the pelt show on my character.

is there something I am doing wrong? should I try adjusting armor slots even further?

Okay, so I've been doing this alot recently, and this method hasn't given me any issues...

I use SSEEdit and Nifskope, first I load up whatever mod the armor is in using SSEEdit (by checking only that mod), then edit the value for the specific armor in both the Armor AND the ArmorAddon dropdown lists...

After saving that mod, I open it up the .nif in Nifskope and do basically the same thing, for the _0 and _1 versions of the nif. In Nifskope, I just go into "0 NiNode", scroll down to BSTriShape, click on BSDismemberSkinInstance, then move down to the view panel below it and change the value of the Parts Flag under Partitions to the same value you changed it to in SSEEdit...

After saving it there, I've never had an issue with it conflicting in-game, provided it's a different armor slot from the other things I want it equipped with...

Make sure you are editing the correct nifs as well, depending on which mod manager you are using there may well be multiple versions around, for example in mod organiser you would have the nifs provided by the original armour, the nifs from the bodyslide files and the ones you want to edit the output itself from bodyslide, stored where ever the hell you built them to.

Best be would be do the edits on the nifs provided with the bodyslide conversion, then re-build the those pieces, that way you will not need to re-do them if you change body pre-set for whatever reason.

You may also be able to get away with just changing the slots in the armouraddon and armour section without needing to change the slots in the nif files, I have done so with a few things and it worked for me.

thanks for the replies guys, I've gone and tried the tips you guys provided~ but it's still invisible while unequipping the wolf pelt from the shoulders.

I simply am stumped as to what's causing them to be incompatible with each other...maybe it's something else in the esp file.

I'll just stick with either or for now and look for another workaround later. thanks anyways~

• 7 months later...
On 2/19/2018 at 3:11 AM, Varithina said:

You may also be able to get away with just changing the slots in the armouraddon and armour section without needing to change the slots in the nif files, I have done so with a few things and it worked for me.

always make sure the slots match in the esp and the nif files or ctd's can occur during save-load or changing cells

On 2/19/2018 at 9:31 PM, futilepath said:

thanks for the replies guys, I've gone and tried the tips you guys provided~ but it's still invisible while unequipping the wolf pelt from the shoulders.

I simply am stumped as to what's causing them to be incompatible with each other...maybe it's something else in the esp file.

I'll just stick with either or for now and look for another workaround later. thanks anyways~

refer to my response above then refer to the post here:

when you find the label described in that post you might find as i did that the label described in that post is in each nif about 3 times...that i'm aware of, hopefully not 4

Archived