• 2 months later...

So I have started new playthrough with some new /updated mods. Unfortunately  looks like something broke my Combat Strip. Striping is working (  it seams to be delayed- could be just due to many scripts ) but invincible until stripped and god mode don't work.  The only mod I can think which modifies player invincibility is Worskshop +. Any one has any idea if there is conflict between StripLite and Workshop + ?. Any other script mods I have added are Depravity family mods, no run in high heels mods,  Just Sex and Votw and I don't think any one of them would conflict. Problem is I am not sure if Strip was not working not correctly from beginning. Now  22 hours in I am noticing .

19 minutes ago, bury02128 said:

So I have started new playthrough with some new /updated mods. Unfortunately  looks like something broke my Combat Strip. Striping is working (  it seams to be delayed- could be just due to many scripts ) but invincible until stripped and god mode don't work.  The only mod I can think which modifies player invincibility is Worskshop +. Any one has any idea if there is conflict between StripLite and Workshop + ?. Any other script mods I have added are Depravity family mods, no run in high heels mods,  Just Sex and Votw and I don't think any one of them would conflict. Problem is I am not sure if Strip was not working not correctly from beginning. Now  22 hours in I am noticing .

So I have tested on beginning of the game with out Workshop+ ( and cleaned save ) and still have an issue . Attaching my plugins maybe some one has idea what conflicts with StripLite. Again it worked before I have added few new mods.

loadorder.txt

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 9:10 AM, bury02128 said:

I spent quite a while testing a batch of mods (Knockout framework with human resources / violate / combat strip lite, etc) to see how they worked, but I was forever getting killed or bugged out, or nothing would happen. What fixed it was I kept CSL + violate and switched how CSL works - it is entirely based on unlucky hits now (and reduced the damage I took to 1.75x as it was too high).

Unlucky hits is set to 80%, chance to remove clothing from unlucky hit 100%, and heal amount 80% (still testing this). I set Violate to surrender on 35% health and disabled cripple surrender. I disabled god mode in CSL, and I am still playing around with naked god mode.

I aslo matched the slots for my clothing to the strip slots (I use VTAW) in this order:

shoes 03

Kneeguards 28

leggings 10

armcovers 18

belt 14

top 11

backpack 15 (as I don't want to be slowed to the end).

So now combat goes like this - basically everyshot will strip off 1 item of clothing, but I can keep fighting and can use stimpacks to buy me a life. When I have no armour, a hit to below 35% will fire violate. I am still messing with the chance, and burning damage is a big problem - but I kinda like the idea of the clothes being on fire and you have to dump it all.....

Edited by blahblahblah97
  • 1 month later...

"When being stripped, the player will also get "damaged/bruised" on that particular body part, which will prevent clothing/armor from being worn on that body slot. "

I seem to be able to put armor on even if the !damaged appears in my inventory

Or it stripped me in delay maybe because of script lag or something .... more test i should do

Is anybody else the same ?

2 hours ago, tuxagent7 said:

"When being stripped, the player will also get "damaged/bruised" on that particular body part, which will prevent clothing/armor from being worn on that body slot. "

Or it stripped me in delay maybe because of script lag or something .... more test i should do

For me, the items get removed again shortly after I put them on. I assume there is some script polling periodically.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 12:31 AM, tuxagent7 said:

I have the same problem, the equipments will sometime auto unequip if I re-equip, but it stops working most the time.
I will back with version 1.4.1, where the unequip are pretty fast and repeatable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do I make myself killable again? 

Tried this mod and AAF Vulnerability, i think i switched off immortality before disabling plugins or maybe i forgot. If i enable Combat strip, than after reaching 0HP player sits down (like a downed companion) for a few seconds and then gets up with full hp. When i disable plugin (with immortality off), nothing happens after HP reaches 0, just being immortal.

Setting myself essential, tim, tgm doesn't help. StartDeferredKill - don't know how to use, google doesn't help. 

So, how can i become mortal once again?

EDIT: solved by installing FO4 Balanced Essential Player, enabling, uninstalling with given instructions. I wonder if it could be done with just console command 

Edited by slaydatkiddo
  • 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Invulnerability is not staying on, it seems the setting isn't saving or something. After closing the MCM and going back in, it is reset to OFF again. Any fix?

EDIT: No MCM changes are saving for CSL. None.

I've seen Private Profile Redirector cause that, no idea if you're using it. Buffout 4 implements similar file caching though, making PPR effectively redundant if you have both.

Other common causes are incorrect/strict file permissions on the settings file MCM is trying to create/update, or really anything which might block it from writing to disk. Also missing a master for CSL or somehow not having all of its masters loading before it in the plugins list.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I've seen Private Profile Redirector cause that, no idea if you're using it. Buffout 4 implements similar file caching though, making PPR effectively redundant if you have both.

Other common causes are incorrect/strict file permissions on the settings file MCM is trying to create/update, or really anything which might block it from writing to disk. Also missing a master for CSL or somehow not having all of its masters loading before it in the plugins list.

I do have PPR installed. The mod author claims that this bug has been fixed... but maybe it hasn't? Submitted a bug report to them just in case.

As far as I can see, the CombatStripLite.ini file is not set to read-only, and has write privileges. Additionally, I am running MO in administrator mode.

I don't see any listed masters for CSL? However, thinking about this... I realize now that I flagged the .esp as an ESL. Could that be causing this problem? IF so... I'm a big dumdum.

36 minutes ago, MysticDaedra said:

I do have PPR installed. The mod author claims that this bug has been fixed... but maybe it hasn't? Submitted a bug report to them just in case.

As far as I can see, the CombatStripLite.ini file is not set to read-only, and has write privileges. Additionally, I am running MO in administrator mode.

I don't see any listed masters for CSL? However, thinking about this... I realize now that I flagged the .esp as an ESL. Could that be causing this problem? IF so... I'm a big dumdum.

You might test disabling PPR and seeing if the problem goes away, if you're using Buffout 4 then you don't really need it, you're basically just creating two layers of file caches when one is all you need to speed up loading.

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

You might test disabling PPR and seeing if the problem goes away, if you're using Buffout 4 then you don't really need it, you're basically just creating two layers of file caches when one is all you need to speed up loading.

Turns out it was ESL-ifying the .esp file! Got the original non-flagged .esp, and it's working now!

• 2 weeks later...

Got a bug/quesiton that I will keep simple just in case it was answered before and couldn't find an answer to.

I'll explain the story here and at the end a TL;DR.
So relatively new around. I've followed the "A-fucking-Manual" for AAF mods and what have you to the letter, everything works.
I got AAF Violate, AAF Harassment, MCG, Sex Attributes, animated Fannies with the AAF conversion, and UAP along with all their requirements.

(All Animation packs supported for UAP, without addons like moans or squirts or cum overlays, all of that along with yes, DD and Bad End furniture)

Now just a few days ago I installed Combat Strip Lite and Animated Fannies, now It would seem that despite everything seemingly working,
I would constantly get CTD'ed to Desktop when staying in settlements.  It will let me roam around a little bit, but either by staying longer than a few minutes, or by trying to build stuff in build mode or assigning settlers to stores, it would crash.
I isolated the problem to been settlements because I traveled to different interiors, either from mods or vanilla, I thought perhaps was some shooting going on in the background, yada yada. Nothing. I made it to another settlement and within moments of entering build mode, boom. CTD.

I couldn't find the Buffout report (though yeah I could've spent a few minutes of researching it and find it) but I did find a log from "dxgi.txt" that was keeping tabs on processes in the background. I kept seeing that ReShade was presenting one error and some seconds after the thing would crash.
So I figured it was that since I had recently installed a different ENB and thought, well that must be it.
I searched and searched, installed ENB's without Reshade, deleted everything related to it, so on and so fourth.
And still. I eventually deleted the "dxgi.dll" that kept the reports going, but still.
I went back and tried loading older saves to see if it happened, it did. I went ahead and uninstalled Fannies, still getting CTD.
I uninstalled Combat Strip, messed around a bit, tried building, tried scrapping, so on and so forth and NO crash.

Combat Strip Lite must be crashing my game in settlements perhaps by conflicting with some other mod.
I do have a handful of settlements mods, including Sim Settlement and Transfer settlements,  (though in the settlements I was at, I wasn't using anything from them aside from the default HUDs that comes with SS2 and no transfering or being in a recently transferred settlement)

I caught this early so I was able to backtrack an hour or so of gameplay back before installing it.

So I figured, perhaps I installed this incorrectly and a quick search on the topic or instructions didn't relay any info on the load order and nothing seems to conflict with it, and what ever does, I think I made sure to have it load after.
I am Using Vortex.

TL;DR I'm getting CTD'ed inside Settlements when engaging in activities in them with Combat Strip Lite installed. I was wondering if anyone has special instructions or if there's a conflict list of mods that could make this mod not work. AAF Violate, AFF harrassment, DD, MCG, Sex Attributes and UAP along with their requirements are up to date without any conflict.

So if anyone has an idea of what this is, perhaps someone already has pointed out that this mod conflicts or must be loaded after another one? Don't know. It seemed interesting but I really couldn't try it out. It would come great as my character is basically 2 to 3 missions away from ending the story and I am getting OP so I think losing my gear as opposed as to purposely using bad equipment to nerf myself would be more exciting.
Thanks anyways.

image.png.b91d457251bdb5403af55f58677afbcf.png
(Picture is just to have something to look at in the meantime)

2 hours ago, SrDanny said:

I couldn't find the Buffout report (though yeah I could've spent a few minutes of researching it and find it)

Should be in Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\F4SE if it's anything like my install. If you're not getting crash-*.log files there after a CTD then that's a good sign Buffout 4 isn't actually installed correctly. Check the f4se.log in that same directory for a line like this:

plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\\Buffout4.dll (00000001 Buffout4 00000001) loaded correctly

Buffout 4 is recommended by the guide primarily because it will prevent a lot of common CTD conditions, especially related to memory management. If it's not loading and you fix that, your frequent crashes may also just disappear.

Edited by vaultbait
18 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Should be in Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\F4SE if it's anything like my install. If you're not getting crash-*.log files there after a CTD then that's a good sign Buffout 4 isn't actually installed correctly. Check the f4se.log in that same directory for a line like this:

plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\\Buffout4.dll (00000001 Buffout4 00000001) loaded correctly

Buffout 4 is recommended by the guide primarily because it will prevent a lot of common CTD conditions, especially related to memory management. If it's not loading and you fix that, your frequent crashes may also just disappear.

I have made sure I have installed Buffout 4 the correct way, using A-Fucking-Manual's guide on it and specific steps. Thus far I've had No problems since I did that instalation as I did used to have some for installing it incorrectly before.
I'm unsure as to why its not leaving a crash log for the CTD's.  Perhaps a reinstalation of F4se? I just did but I mean...

1 hour ago, SrDanny said:

I have made sure I have installed Buffout 4 the correct way, using A-Fucking-Manual's guide on it and specific steps. Thus far I've had No problems since I did that instalation as I did used to have some for installing it incorrectly before.
I'm unsure as to why its not leaving a crash log for the CTD's.  Perhaps a reinstalation of F4se? I just did but I mean...

Did you check the f4se.log like I suggested to see if it's actually loading Buffout4.dll? If you've missed installing some of its Visual Studio runtime dependencies, for example, then it may not be loading correctly. The f4se.log should tell you whether or not that's the case.

• 2 months later...

Are there any particular mods that are not compatible with CSL? See, I've been using this mod for ages now without any issues up until recently.

Basically I've started a new save and managed to play for roughly 30 hours. In 22 of those 30 hours, CSL worked fine (as usual); but then, once I managed to unlock the perks to upgrade my character's clothes and armor it simply stopped working...? I use quite a lot of clothing mods, and I rarely use vanilla stuff (only armors at the beginning of the game).

I crafted a few clothing pieces from clothing mods (mostly Vtaw's Wardrobe stuff) and upgraded those items to either Hybrid or Ballistic Weave 4/5. Now, CSL does not strip the items, despite getting hit by hostiles. Also, I've set chances in MCM to rather high (70-90%), but still nothing.

Worth mentioning is that I've tweaked both incoming and outgoing damage values (lowered both) in Advanced Needs 2 (also a mod I've been using for ages now).

Ultimately, what I'm asking is this:

1) Could it be that stronger outfits (for example Hybrid Weave 5) aren't supposed to be stripped?

I don't think that's true; on a previous save my character wore nearly identical outfit with pretty much the same configuration, and it got stripped.

2) Is this 'issue' caused by the Advanced Needs 2 and the fact that I tweaked damage values?

Again, I don't think this is the cause since I had exactly the same damage values on a previous save and it worked.

3) Do scripts from other mods prevent CSL to strip the player?

I'm using a lot of weapon mods and I added them to the leveled lists - could that be the problem?

4) Are there any mods that are known to conflict with CSL, in any way?

Like I said, I've been using CSL for ages and despite playing a heavily modified game I've never encountered a mod that conflicts with CSL. The only thing that does not work is Stimpak recovery (could be AN2, could be Agony + Extended Agony, etc., but it isn't a huge deal).

I hope someone can help me on this. I love the mod and want to keep playing with it. If anyone can answer those 4 questions I'd be very thankful and it'd surely make troubleshooting easier.

Thanks in advance and take care!

Edited by rubber_duck
15 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Basically I've started a new save and managed to play for roughly 30 hours. In 22 of those 30 hours, CSL worked fine (as usual); but then, once I managed to unlock the perks to upgrade my character's clothes and armor it simply stopped working...? I use quite a lot of clothing mods, and I rarely use vanilla stuff (only armors at the beginning of the game).

I crafted a few clothing pieces from clothing mods (mostly Vtaw's Wardrobe stuff) and upgraded those items to either Hybrid or Ballistic Weave 4/5. Now, CSL does not strip the items, despite getting hit by hostiles. Also, I've set chances in MCM to rather high (70-90%), but still nothing.

Asking, since you don't mention, but have you adjusted the lists of which biped slots CSL will strip at each phase? A lot of the stuff in VTAW's wardrobes, for example, uses less-common biped slots than vanilla clothing and armor, and so isn't stripped with CSL's defaults.

Just now, vaultbait said:

Asking, since you don't mention, but have you adjusted the lists of which biped slots CSL will strip at each phase? A lot of the stuff in VTAW's wardrobes, for example, uses less-common biped slots than vanilla clothing and armor, and so isn't stripped with CSL's defaults.

I didn't since the default worked fine. Even though Vtaw's stuff uses different slots (for example, in his WD6 the Belt uses Right Leg slot, WD7 Leotard uses Torso slot, etc.). After posting the original reply, I played with settings a bit. Here's what I've found out:

It doesn't matter whether my character wears modded or vanilla clothing items - stripping doesn't happen (even with all chance sliders in MCM set to either 90 or 100). Sounds do work (I have Rad Morphing Redux that uses CSL ripping sounds when certain item is unequipped, and it works) as well as the mod status (that key to check the number of damage stacks - it works).

I've downgraded nearly 80% of all clothing stuff my character wears to Ballistic Weave 2 or Hybrid Weave 1, because I thought that Hybrid Weave 5 on multiple items is a bit too OP*, but still - no stripping occurs.

* this is very unlikely because, like I said, on a previous save with nearly identical outfit and items the stripping would happen, even with Hybrid Weave 5 upgrades

'Chance by race' values are: animals and ghouls 100%, humans 75% and mutants 85%. I ran into a group of Ferals, decided to sprint towards them just to test if now the CSL would strip at least something, but to no avail - even after 3 hits, and chance for ferals at 100%, nothing was stripped.

I really don't understand why or what caused this, the only mods I've installed for this playthrough are SS2 + Chapter 2, Random Overlay Framework, MCM Settings Manager and FallUI (as far as I can tell, nothing that would interfere with CSL).

However, I do have Agony, Extended Agony and Advanced Needs 2, if it somehow breaks CSL, though I don't think it's the case since I've used all these mods together for really long time now and I've never experienced any issues (apart from CSL's Stimpak recovery; that doesn't work probably because I disabled Stimpak heal for crippled limbs in AN2).

Thanks for replying. I hope I clarified it a bit. Also, if you have any suggestions I'm open to hearing them, I'm really confused why, out of a sudden, a mod would stop working.

Take care!