How to clean save files with MO

Save files? As you normally do, using some cleaning tool like this one https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53045

Just set the path files correctly, follow the instructions and you are good to go. 

I'd recommend you to test mods on a save you don't care about (a quick test character, console levels, items to check stuff work and so on). Then, when you already know which mods you want to use, start to play for real (and try to not un/install mods mid-game).

Just to be clear: you use MO, you don't need to clean game files because they aren't changed. That's the (main) reason to use it.^^

For save files it's a different topic, and in my experience there is at least no way to be sure they are fine, regardless how often or carefull you use save game cleaners. They may work in 99%, but the only guaranteed way is to start a new game.

On 17.2.2018 at 1:29 AM, deviousdaedra said:

I've been installing then uninstalling mods to try and find ones that suit me. It can't be healthy for the game files.

How do I 'clean up' the game files without resorting to a clean reinstall?

Besides what was already told you should not try out modes with a character / save file you want to keep playing, no matter how hard it is to resist it. Best to grap a save preset (like lvl 1 with Alduin dead and civil war won by X or Y), and test from there. If you like, grab another mod to add lvl & perk points to your char e.g. and test from that base.

Remember we are mod users, as well as quality testers. We pay nothing, but we can give back a lot by helping the creator of a mod via ideas and feedback. It's not much, of course, but simply taking and giving nothing back is even less. But I digress - sorry for that.

Archived