Bodyslide help from somebody more competent then me.

In looking at how those outfits were made, they are using modified vanilla assets with customized textures.  They aren't done wrong per se, but there is a lot of room for improvements.  If I'm going to be making these for females, I'm going to be making new outfits using vanilla files and texturing them myself.  Will yield a much nicer result.

As an example, instead of removing the parts of the outfits that weren't being used, the author just reduced the size of the meshes to hide them.  The military boots includes the entire outfit, but it's hidden under the other outfit layers - crushed so that it doesn't show in game.  Not terrible, but not "right", so to speak.

I'm interested in this remake for ladies version.  I'll post a link to the results if you're interested in it.

They also aren't craftable nor can they be found in game.  They are console add only.

1 hour ago, AWP3RATOR said:

What do you need help shaping this to exactly?  It should fit your vanilla or EVB male character without exception.  Now that I know about this and like it - I will probably port it to fit the female CBBE model. 

Is that what you were asking for?

It fits the body, but doesn't have bodyslide support and is shaped to the smallest setting... my problem is I can't increase the mesh properly to shape it, and end up with the the outfit "blown up" to much.

If you could fit it to https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10360 while you're at, that'd be great... I like the idea of the female body using it too, but for me, it's my favorite male armor atm.

Converted to Super Hero Body.  This includes both the original 2 Maxson Coats and the Courier Legend versions.  I cleaned up the meshes a bit as well.

Trench Coat - SHB - Bodyslide.7z

For infos....  Vanilla/EVB male is the same size as the 0 slider SHB - this makes conversion very easy ;)

This conversion works similarly to converting something to CBBE, only we're using the 'Super Hero Body.osp' as the reference.

1. Open Outfit Studio>New Project
  2. For reference, browse to and select 'Super Hero Body.osp' > Next
  3. For outfit, select the outfit you want to convert
  4. Sliders>Conform all
  5. Test some sliders to make sure they worked (bottom right panel)
  6. Since no skin is showing in this example, it's OK to delete the reference body that was used. Right click on green BaseMaleBody_0_outfit in top right panel, select delete.
  7. Check for, and fix any clipping with no sliders turned on (mesh increase/decrease)
  8. Check the sliders one at a time, or in sets to look for additional clipping and fix those as well
  9. File>Save Project As...  (fill in the necessary details (should be mostly done for you, if you selected the outfit from the install location)
  10. Close OS and head to BodySlide to see your new Outfit in action and slide it to your game

Update on this for anyone interested.  I've created a CBBE female version of the outfit from the ground up - using vanilla assets.  I've got it converted and working with BodySlide at the moment, now on to the textures.  This armor is using quite a few assets:

Maxson's Battle Coat - lengthened and modified to be more open

Greaser Jacket - under jacket & t-shirt, jeans

Raider Under Armor (male) - belt

Kellog's armor - boots

Leather Mid - Arms

Leather Mid Studded - Legs

Resident 7 Gloves (not in pic)

image.thumb.png.5b4b4650f0bdf6b3db9e5d3abf4d898d.pngimage.thumb.png.2bcde746a949734a86e9bfe206c520ce.png

Here it is completed.  I'm pretty happy with this.  I'll be posting it up on Nexus tomorrow. :smile:  The physics look great in-game.

It's craftable at the Armorsmith table and has a color swap option for the Courier's paint on the back.  I also added some tags to it, so that it can be modified with lining mods, legendary, etc.

ScreenShot117.thumb.png.6f0216a1afe426135fc706f19c86b8a3.png

ScreenShot120.thumb.png.4c00c769dc6abb82f734b817b57590f8.png

ScreenShot105.thumb.png.d2c8d8674d2e683f9527600ab9b8595c.png

Archived