[WIP] Long Life Milk Mod (Expired Milk Edition!)

SneakyMau5

Oh on that note, few things that I would and probably other non coder/advance moder savey friends may like to see is,

More Milk Levels (increase in size) 1-10 instead of 1-5.

A walking milker tool sometimes on the go you just gota milk.

When breast are too full or getting way large, leakage  or spray could occur. 

Spray could occur when removing or getting off the throne early while still milking. 

A breastfeeding animation.

A spell that has the player character spray milk at hostiles dealing a status effect damage (lolz). 

Camera control while on the throne. 

Different locations and positions for milking to occur. 

:D

Hmm.  Why is there a loop in there at all?  Even on 'Easy', I don't think it is possible to level multiple times at one sitting.

Also: 0-50?  I've never noticed a level zero, it always starts at level 1.

Hey I didnt know what Im talking about since I had this fixed function in my most current version:

Function LevelCheck()	
float MilkLevelVal = MilkLevel.GetValue()	

if MilkLevelVal < 5	
		float TimesMultVal = TimesMilkedMult.GetValue()
		float NxtLvlReq = (MilkLevelVal + 1) * TimesMultVal
		float TimesMilkedVal = TimesMilked.GetValue()

while TimesMilkedVal >= NxtLvlReq && MilkLevelVal < 5			
			TimesMilkedVal -= NxtLvlReq
			MilkLevelVal += 1
			NxtLvlReq = (MilkLevelVal + 1) * TimesMultVal
			(MilkQ.MilkMsgHyper[MilkLevelVal as int - 1]).Show()
		endwhile

MilkLevel.SetValue(MilkLevelVal)
		TimesMilked.SetValue(TimesMilkedVal)
	endif
EndFunction

Page 10 version was a bit 'clunky' it could possibly increase level above lvl cap.

But anyway levels wouldnt be needed anyway if each maid would have her own "level" in form of new "efficiency" stat.

I don't think it is possible to level multiple times at one sitting

I tried to make it work if player gets lets say 300 times milked at hardest difficulty, then he switches to easiest, he could in theory get more than one level.

Has anyone considered changing the polling to game-time (e.g. 0.5hours to 6 hours) rather than wall-clock time (30-600sec.)?  It would be more "realistic", but it might not be better for playability.  Has it been discussed and discarded? 

Game time version could be interesting because they would grow even on fast travel and waiting/sleeping. But I'm not entirely if 'OnUpdateGameTime' can pop more than one time during fast travel, sleeping etc.

If it pops once it could be solution to what irysius said about huge magical increase after fast travel though...

I haven't played skyrim for a few days because I've had to install a new OS, reinstall Steam & Skyrim and then spend a long time reinstalling the mods.

Things were working okay with the old version. I then tried to install the new Potions mod, it worked okay too but one of my milkmaids was missing and I could not find her anywhere in skyrim. I had left her in a previous saved game, told her to go home but she never showed up. So I uninstalled the milkmod, did a clean save, then reinstalled both versions. Now I have discovered two annoying issues.

1. there is a CONSTANT, and I mean CONSTANT debug message of the milkquest check.

2. I'm only getting Nord milk. I'm a nord but my other milkmaids are not, yet I still get the Nord milk.

I haven't played skyrim for a few days because I've had to install a new OS, reinstall Steam & Skyrim and then spend a long time reinstalling the mods.

Things were working okay with the old version. I then tried to install the new Potions mod, it worked okay too but one of my milkmaids was missing and I could not find her anywhere in skyrim. I had left her in a previous saved game, told her to go home but she never showed up. So I uninstalled the milkmod, did a clean save, then reinstalled both versions. Now I have discovered two annoying issues.

1. there is a CONSTANT, and I mean CONSTANT debug message of the milkquest check.

2. I'm only getting Nord milk. I'm a nord but my other milkmaids are not, yet I still get the Nord milk.

I guess I should have taken down the old version... (or at least merged)

Those are fixed with the vEconomy patch (I think including the milk maid part).  A simple replace will do.

Apologies

Game time version could be interesting because they would grow even on fast travel and waiting/sleeping. But I'm not entirely if 'OnUpdateGameTime' can pop more than one time during fast travel, sleeping etc.

If it pops once it could be solution to what irysius said about huge magical increase after fast travel though...

I can look into it since I already have the global variables in my esp to track those things anyways (for restoring the milk market etc.)

On thing to knock against "infinite" milkmaids is the MCM display.  I understand right now it's just for show, but it is incredibly convenient to see at a glance how full your other maids are.  Real estate in MCM is obviously an issue, and even if you split it out to its own panel, realistically 1 + 6 additional maids seems to make the most sense (ie, keep main character in a separate panel from the followers).  So if arrays enable publishing of data easier than active magical effects, then I don't think a switch is top on the priority list.

Also, I've run into a procedural issue when trying to milk both my maid and I.  If I ask her to sit some where, I can't sit on the chair myself without

1. Asking her to sit in my chair now. - or -

1. Cancelling out of asking her to do something and having her stand up again.

I some one has a set of steps to enable me to test simultaneous milking, that'd be swell.

final note: might be a good idea to have your copy of the source files just to see how different it is from page 10.

On thing to knock against "infinite" milkmaids is the MCM display.  I understand right now it's just for show, but it is incredibly convenient to see at a glance how full your other maids are.

Yep, and if its not enough then if we go the 'magiceffect' way it will be impossible to see maids in MCM at all. Because no other scripts can read from magic effect scripts.

If we removed levels it would be gone from MCM as well. Im not sure what would stay here? BoobIncr slider and? :) That would feel werid, but:

Magic Effect pros:

- in theory unlimited maids (could limit them at least to followers only, to prevent game exploding)

- un sync'd onUpdate events for all of them - all notifications and size increase would happen at different times

- zero conflicts for multi-milking since they wouldnt try to access same QUEST script at once like it happens currently,

(milking could happen inside each magiceffect scripts instance)

- probably easier to manage variables since each has their own (no need for arrays in quest script)

- quest script could be left just for economy purpose or some utility functions

But still im not fully convinced. What do you think guys?

Will post some unfinished example of magic effect script later, so you can take a look at it.

Yep, and if its not enough then if we go the 'magiceffect' way it will be impossible to see maids in MCM at all. Because no other scripts can read from magic effect scripts.

If we removed levels it would be gone from MCM as well. Im not sure what would stay here? BoobIncr slider and?  :) That would feel werid, but:

You could always put the player's other stats there (like endurance and what not instead of the current static table of progression).  I'm kind of an RPG guy so I do like my stats.

- zero conflicts for multi-milking since they wouldnt try to access same QUEST script at once like it happens currently,

(milking could happen inside each magiceffect scripts instance)

My thing is, how do you get multiple milkings to go on at the same time?  I mean, every time I ask my follower to sit in the chair, I can't sit in another chair myself without cancelling out of commanding her (causing her to stand) or asking her to sit in my chair instead?  (If it's doable, I'm going to need a detailed list of key presses to be able to follow).

Here's my point: if you can't really do multiple milkings anyways, then there's very little point magiceffecting the scripts (since outside of sync it wouldn't do much).

You can cancel follower commands after she sits on chair (ESC), then you sit yourself on other (follower will keep sitting). Maybe you do it too fast or dont wait for activation.

Actually I noticed this too. Previous milkmod was fine. The newer one with the potions I would have to wait for the entire milking process to be over for my follower before I could TAB out and unselect them after I told them to sit. Before, as soon as I'd see them lock into place in the chair, I knew then I could unselect them. Otherwise they would stand up.

I guess I should have taken down the old version... (or at least merged)

Those are fixed with the vEconomy patch (I think including the milk maid part).  A simple replace will do.

Apologies

I just tried your economy patch and it's the same constant debug, only now it's with a time stamp after milk price was normalized. This is what I got as soon as I loaded the game. Sorry, going to wait a while longer before I put this mod back in my game.

I just tried your economy patch and it's the same constant debug, only now it's with a time stamp after milk price was normalized. This is what I got as soon as I loaded the game. Sorry, going to wait a while longer before I put this mod back in my game.

Just use the regular version then, the debugs are there for a reason.

You can cancel follower commands after she sits on chair (ESC), then you sit yourself on other (follower will keep sitting). Maybe you do it too fast or dont wait for activation.

zax, just tested this, I had to use tab, but yes I think I had to wait a bit.  I got side by side milking to work after all.

which leads me to the next question: had you always intended for the player to be able to leave the chair at any time to limit the number of times they get milked?  Or is this intended to milk till your nipples are sore or your milk capacity is done?

Just because having the follower leave the chair at a command is impossible when you're sitting on the chair as well.

*** fixed location change and player load events: boob sizes are now updated as you load (including followers) - this also means the magic boob growth problem is solved (on changing locations).

zax, stobor, should breast increase be tied to in game time or real life time now that either is possible?

Yes intended in that version. But i think it should be changed. We discussed with Erond that it would be best if it was time based depending of milk amount. During that time actor is locked till fully milked, be it player or npc. But if you have some better ideas feel free to add it.

Just keep in mind that "milking throne" will have to be probably removed and non furniture activator added - in case if we ever want to add animations. Since furniture idles wont be possible anytime soon (bad news from Fore, yeah :( ).

So activator starts normal idle (+milking process that lasts - forced - for X seconds). Then we are free to choose from any idles.

BTW check this example of very basic template of magiceffect script (dont compile) and tell what do you think:

(to others: if you are not scripter dont download it or your PC will explode!)

*** fixed location change and player load events: boob sizes are now updated as you load (including followers) - this also means the magic boob growth problem is solved (on changing locations).

zax, stobor, should breast increase be tied to in game time or real life time now that either is possible?

It cant be fixed.  When I was writing it i didnt know that these events arent sent to Quest extending scripts - another reason to go the magic effect way!

I would say - game time. Easier to test with Waiting. :)

zax, does OnCellLoad call on location change? or only on save game load?

because if it does then a lot of timing issues are solved.

what is the currentweight and sessionweight for? if you can, link me to the SKSE documentation (I am not really sure where to find it in the first place, their download page is kind of sparse).

I am assuming quality of milk based on MilkCnt is still fine?  I think I'll split out the milk economy into its own separate script after all for an Actor to call on it.

Signatures would probably be like the following:

Potion GetMilkType(int milkCnt, Race maidRace)

int Trade(Location cuirassLocation) // or some other location identifier, string is ok if it can be passed.

It cant be fixed.  When I was writing it i didnt know that these events arent sent to Quest extending scripts - another reason to go the magic effect way!

I would say - game time. Easier to test with Waiting. :)

Oh I just attached a new script to the player object with modified old code.  Those methods work on actors.  But like you said, magic effects would work just as well.

zax, does OnCellLoad call on location change? or only on save game load?

Should be for everything. Interior <-> Exterior as well. Not tested myself, so you can test on your player script if you have it ready.

what is the currentweight and sessionweight for? if you can, link me to the SKSE documentation (I am not really sure where to find it in the first place, their download page is kind of sparse).

UpdateWeight is the new function that might come in new SKSE so you wont find it. Check other SKSE functions on wiki.

sessionweight supposed to update weight first time in session (because it takes from BaseWeight)

currentweight on every other reload... But I once again messed it up, currentweight wouldnt need to be called on reload, just aftere MilkCycle calls for it.

So first update using "sessionweight" then every other update using "currentweight"

But its still being consulted with few people because Im not sure if its reliable method.

I am assuming quality of milk based on MilkCnt is still fine?  I think I'll split out the milk economy into its own separate script after all for an Actor to call on it.

Signatures would probably be like the following:

Potion GetMilkType(int milkCnt, Race maidRace)

int Trade(Location cuirassLocation) // or some other location identifier, string is ok if it can be passed.

I think we should give Erond like 2 more days then start rewriting it ourselves. He was adding some kind of milk density. so no idea

I'm slightly inclined towards a game-time polling mechanism, because it seems likely to be more immersive, but I don't have a strong preference either way.

If you had a large number of followers, all on individual cycles, the number of status update messages could get a bit overwhelming - so be careful about expanding the possibilities too far.

On thing to knock against "infinite" milkmaids is the MCM display.  I understand right now it's just for show, but it is incredibly convenient to see at a glance how full your other maids are.

But the magic effect scripts can call functions in a quest script, so they could still update some stats centrally if you wanted.

Yeah, but if we made magic effect script to store variables in quest script just for purpose of MCM script. :) It wouldnt make sense to store anything in magi effect then...

But you are right, it can be easily used for reading  for example "economy" functions and variables from quest scripts. Or we could put some regional economy current info in MCM?! Woohoo stobor for president!

About multi status update messages. They are displayed only in <500 range to player. But number of affected actors would have to be limited obviously, no matter which option we choose. I think even FollowerFaction might be too much, but we need to keep in mind its only females so probaby much less.  [edit] counted 22 female followers in whole game with all DLCs

Yeah, but if we made magic effect script to store variables in quest script just for purpose of MCM script. :) It wouldnt make sense to store anything in magi effect then...

But you are right, it can be easily used for reading  for example "economy" functions and variables from quest scripts. Or we could put some regional economy current info in MCM?! Woohoo stobor for president!

About multi status update messages. They are displayed only in <500 range to player. But number of affected actors would have to be limited obviously, no matter which option we choose. I think even FollowerFaction might be too much, but we need to keep in mind its only females so probaby much less.  [edit] counted 22 female followers in whole game with all DLCs

Hi zax,

I am actually working on a "market panel" for the MCM right now.  Too bad I couldn't include images in the options.  Or can I? I wanted to have the town symbols to go right beside the region. 

When I can I'll screenshot and post.

** on that note, are we assuming milking posts will be placed at towns mainly?

Probably easiest inside towns, yeah, and we can include some "funny" events with other NPCs in future. I firstly wanted on stables but outside of cities its just ghostland mostly.

Unfortunately cant post pictures inside mcm. you can but it takes whole page and none is visible through it - believe me i tried everything, contacted one of mcm authors and suggested that change, but with negative answer. or he is just lazy...

Archived