Game frequently crashes

So, I previously had several mods from the Nexus installed and played for a while. I even got to the point where I got the Dragonrend shout. But recently, I started downloading a few mods from here, loverslab, and installed them. Though I'm a complete idiot when it comes to all things technological, I've done more or less every basic thing that should make mods work, including downloading other related neccessary mod and using LOOT to the best of my knowledge. And yet my game has crashed at least three times now, if not more (didn't really count). 

It crashed once during the vanilla start of the game (the whole Helgen thing), at which point I uninstalled one of the mods I got from here, thinking (hoping) that was the problem. But then the game crashed a few times again when I looted some dead bandits/giants (the one the companions killed outside Whiterun).

The LL mods I have are as follows (please note that they are not listed according to the loading order):

Spoiler

Abigail the lusty imperial maid

Apropos Classic

Dangerous Nights 2

Devious Devices Assets

Devious Devices Integration

Night Mistress Mansion (don't remember but I think this was an LL mod)

Nila (follower mod)

Ayla (follower mod)

Radiant Prostitution

Sexlab Romance

Sexlab Submit

Sexlab Theft and Seduction

Sexlab Aroused

Sexlab Framework

SLAL Pack - Sexual Vampire Feed (I also, apparently, have another Sexual Vampire Feed mod, but I don't remember if either of those were LL mods, but I list them anyway, just in case)

SLAnimLoader

ZaZ Animation Pack

Slavetats

I also had the mod Shout like a Virgin installed before, but it was the one I deleted after the first crash in Helgen. Furthermore, if you want me to list all the Nexus mods I have, I can do that as well, but there's a lot of them, and the problems didn't occur until I started downloading LL mods.

I would greatly appreciate an answer and please keep in mind, as I said, that I'm a complete and utter idiot when it comes to technological stuff. So the more you can dumb down any possible explenations the better.

Loot is all well and good, but its not the be all end all that so many seem to think it is, it will never replace manual manipulation.

Vanilla start is buggy and will break even without any mods at all, adding anything just makes it much more likely.

Would suggest an alternate start mod to bypass that.

Nothing in the short list you gave jumps out as a problem, but thats not really saying much given the lack of full mod list.

Give us more to work with op.

Very well. All the mods I use are as follows:

Spoiler

Bathing Beauties or Beefcake Luxury Suite

Breezehome Fully Upgradeable

Build Your Own Home

Ravenholm Vampire House

Female Facial Animation

Female Running and New Dash Animation

FNIS PCEA2 Player Exclusive Animations (dynamic)

FNIS Sexy Move

FNIS

FNIS XXL (apparently seperate mod?)

FNIS Spells

Pretty Combat Animation

Pretty Female Idles

XP32 Maximum Skeleton

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended

Merta Assassin Armor UNP - CBBE

UNP Female Armors

Weapons and Armors fixes Remake

Clothing and Clutter Fixes

The Art of Magicka

Cerwiden (follower)

My Home is Your Home

Sofia (follower)

Skyrim Beautiful Followers

Sofia Customizer Redux

Alternate Start - Live Another Life

Death Alternative

Hear Me Shout

Realistic Ragdolls and Force

Run For Your Lives

ApachiiSkyHair

ApachiiSkyHair natural retexture

KS Hairdos - Renewal

Face to Face conversation

Immersive Wenches

Player Headtracking

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul

Wearable Lanterns

Brawl Bug Plugin

FileAccess Interface for Skyrim

JContainers

NetImmerse Override

aMidianBorn Hide and Studded Hide

Better Males - Beautiful nudes and faces

CBBE

Caliente's Vanilla Outfits for CBBE

CBBEv3M Body Repalacer

CHSBHC - BBP - Nude and Jiggly Mod

Dimonized UNP female body

Dream Girl

Amazing Follower Tweaks

Amazing Follower Tweaks - MCM version

Better Vampires

Immersive College of Winterhold

HDT Physics Extension

ShowraceMenu Precache Killer

Unofficial Dawngard Patch

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

Unofficial Hearthfire patch

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Helgen Reborn

Temptress Race

Abigail the lusty imperial maid

Apropos Classic

Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade

Dangerous Nights 2

Devious Devices Assets

Devious Devices Integration

Night Mistress Mansion 

Nila (follower)

Ayla (follower)

Nudes - FavoredSoulMeshes - Erect Version

Radiant Prostitution

Sexlab Romance

Sexlab Submit

Sexlab Theft and Seduction

Sexlab Aroused

Sexlab Framework

Sexual Vampire Feed

SharedSeranaDialogue

SLAL Pack - Sexual Vampire Feed 

SLAnimLoader

ZaZ Animation Pack

Slavetats

A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads

RaceMenu

SkyUI

UIExtensions

Auto Unequip Ammo

BodySlide and Outfit Studio

Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice

Cinematic Lighting ENB

Sharpshooters Extreme Graphics ENB

Sporty Sexy Sweat

And those are all the mods I have installed using Nexus Mod Manager. To my memory, I have not installed any mod without NMM. Again, thank you for any help you may provide.

Hmm at first glance I don't think it is good to have both xpms and xpmse(skeletons), xpmse is just the new and improved xp32 so I would get rid of the old one. Also FNIS XXL is the same as regular FNIS but just accommodates more animations. It is also somewhat unstable last time i checked so unless you are over the cap of regular FNIS (8000 I think?) I would drop XXL. Using two ENBs might also be problematic though i'm not sure. Outside of that Skyrim is just finicky when you start to throw a bunch of mods at it. Certain types of conflicts, Overloading the papyrus scripting system, going over the Vram limit(no longer a issue if you have windows 10) and various other things can all lead to crashes. I'll spend a couple days getting a stable load order then get bored and trash it and start over. It's a running joke that alot of people spend more time modding skyrim than actually playing it lol

Thank you for the answer. I only have one question:

As mentioned, I'm not a very technical person so please pardon my ignorance when I ask; what is "the cap of regular FNIS", and how do I know whether or not I'm over it?

Unless the crashes are related to specific mods bugging out, check out both of these:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38649

They've helped me significantly reduce crashes.

Also, google this line for Skyrim.ini - fUpdateBudgetMS. Increasing its value may help handle the script load if your CPU can't keep up with running all the scripts.

Oops sorry I should of explained that better, when you run generateFNISforusers.exe to add new animations to the game, when it completes one of the things it says at the bottom of the textbox is "7000 animations successfully added from 17 mods"  or something similar. I just checked and for the latest version of FNIS (7.0) the current limit on animations is 10000. So if your mods add anything near or over 10000 you would use XXL. If not use regular FNIS as it is less memory intensive and you will be less likely to get crashes as you try to load the game.

8 hours ago, Hewar said:

I also had the mod Shout like a Virgin installed before, but it was the one I deleted after the first crash in Helgen. 

Was there a specific symptom that made you think Shout Like a Virgin was causing it? Since you still had crashes after, I guess you've ruled that out.

But if you uninstalled Virgin, and then did not start a brand new game, that's a likely source of your crashes because that would corrupt your save. I call it the golden rule here. Breaking that rule is the most common cause of issues.

There were two reasons why I thought Shout Like a Virgin caused the crash. The first was a gut feeling and the second was the fact that I hadn't used it before. Basically, I was thinking "What is different between this time I play Skyrim and the time I played it a year ago when it didn't crash".

But, as you said, I ruled out the fact that it caused the crash. Of course, I did start a new game after I deleted it.

Anyway, I've followed some advice here, and started a new game and it seems like things are fine now, but I didn't want to say anything because I have yet to enter the same circumstances as I did last time, thus I'm not sure if it's fine.

Edit;

I travelled between Riverwood and Whiterun, killed a wolf and the moment I looted it, the game just crashed again. The changes I've made so far are I removed xpms and FNIS XXL. I suppose I'll try those Nexus mods recommended.

that actually sounds more like a skeleton issue

as you had both XP32 and XPMSE installed and removed XP32 something that should be done is 2 parts, re-install XPMSE (to be sure it is cleanly installed and 

nothing overwrites it, and that it is complete) and then start a new game (which i think you said you did).

if that does not work please post a current load order, without a load order it is just a guessing game as to what the problem is.

By load order, I assume you mean the plugin tab on Nexus Mod Manager? Please correct me if I've misunderstood.

Spoiler

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Dawnguard

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

HearthFires

Unofficial HearthFire Patch

Dragonborn

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

ApachiiHair

AOM

BBLuxurySuite

SexLab

Devious Devices - Assets

SexLab Aroused

Devious Devices - Integration

ZaZAnimationPack

daymoyl 

SharedSeranaDialogue

FNIS

FNISSexyMove

FNIS_PCEA2

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic

Chesko_WearableLantern

FISS

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul

Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade

Amazing Follower Tweaks

Amazing Follower Tweaks MCM

RaceMenu

RacemenuPlugin

SkyUI

Clothing & Clutter Fixes

CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive

Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade

Realistic Lighting

IcePenguinWorldMap

Helgen Reborn

Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable

Run For Your Lives

zNightMistressMansion

buildablehouse

Merta Assassin Armor

AOM

SexLab Theft and Seduction

Immersive Wenches

SofiaFollower

FNISspells

CerwidenCompanion

VampireHouse

TemptressVixen

My Home Is Your Home

MF_RadiantProstitution

BBLuxurySuiteENM

SBF All In One + DLC

brawlbug-plugin

CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks

UIExtensions

Realistic Lighting Patcher

GreenWaterFix_Compatible

KS Hairdo's

towConversation

Headtracking

RDO - AFT

Better Vampires

VL No AoE Drain

Auto Unequip Ammo

Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists

HMS_Hear Me Shout

Abigail The Maid

Apropos

SexLabDangerousNights2

Sexual Vampire Feed

Nila

NiseElf

SexLab Romance

SLAnimLoader

SlaveTats

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE

SexLabDefeat

XPMSE

Alternate Start - Live Another Life

So, after having reinstalled XPMSE and started a new game, I now have a new problem, but somewhat similar, I believe. Rather than just shutting down without any message or anything else hinting at a problem, now the game just freezes, and I have to force a shut down.

I realize that I haven't provided much information, but I hope you can be a little understanding of the fact that I know just about bugger-all when it comes to computers. If you need more information, I ask that you guide me through acquiring and providing it and I shall do what I can.

Archived