Hey. I'd like to share my Re-shade DoA5 preset with you. It naturally sharpens textures, adds FXAA/SMAA, shadows, colourfullness, some different types of light and bloom - generally - makes a great difference between vanilla version of the game and what happens with the Reshade injector.

WHAT'S NEEDED:

1. Newest version of ReShade (the successor of well-known SweetFX):
https://reshade.me/
- just download it, drop in your game's directory, choose exe with a correct DX-software (DX-9 in case of DoA5), download the basic effects when it asks you to do it (it is important)

2. My already customized preset to download. It is attached here:
Sphiratrioth - ReShade.ini

3. In-game: click Shift+F2 to customize the injector, set default keys for turning effects on/off, opening settings, making screenshots. Read more about ReShade plugin if you've got problems.

FEEL FREE TO EXPERIMENT WITH YOUR OWN SETTINGS. IT IS AUTOMATICALLY SET TO PERFORMANCE-MODE WHERE YOU CAN ONLY TURN EFFECTS ON/OFF BUT WHEN YOU CHOOSE THE CUSTOMIZE/FULL/WHATEVER IT'S CALLED OPTION, THEN YOU'RE ALLOWED TO EDIT NUMBERS AND INTENSITY OF ALL THE EFFECTS YOU INJECT :-)

Here's a difference it makes in game:

OFF
OFF.thumb.jpg.ddc14c85c42a4e1046781fb567189a6e.jpg

ON

ON-GOOD.thumb.jpg.02a8bd0c43cee65b2d82a2bacf606401.jpg

MAGIC-BLOOM-ON --> makes the screen brighter for those who prefer it rather than deep/dark shadows.
[MORE VISIBLE IN GAME, SCREEN DOESN'T SHOW IT PROPERLY].
5a712f1edf2b3_MAGICBLOOM-GOOD.thumb.jpg.87395d52cb3a25a0181835d479378309.jpg

Then download and share if you manage to reshade it better :-) I'll gladly try your presets as well :-)

The problem with saturation is that when you add HDR and bloom - it becomes hmm... a bit blury and loses depth on details of textures. When you draw shadows manually like me in those Devil May Cry mods (or anything, actually) - it becomes a problem. Look at the joints of the coat (especially Dante's black vertical joints). Have tried fixing it with different sharpenings - there're a few types applied at once but it never gets as good as with my other presets for different games. I have been using Reshade often - Ghost Recon: Wildlands looks awful in vanilla but when you apply a good injector - boom - Bolivian light like in E3 trailers xD They just downgrade it for performance, I loose steady 60FPS in Wildlands even with my GTX1080 and i7-6700K but it's still worth having twice better look and a few 40-ish drops in FPS.

EDIT: Ok, I had gausian bloom instead of softer ones, now it should be much better :-)

On 30.01.2018 at 11:40 PM, sphiratrioth666 said:

Hey. I'd like to share my Re-shade DoA5 preset with you. It naturally sharpens textures, adds FXAA/SMAA, shadows, colourfullness, some different types of light and bloom - generally - makes a great difference between vanilla version of the game and what happens with the Reshade injector.

WHAT'S NEEDED:

1. Newest version of ReShade (the successor of well-known SweetFX):
https://reshade.me/
- just download it, drop in your game's directory, choose exe with a correct DX-software (DX-9 in case of DoA5), download the basic effects when it asks you to do it (it is important)

Something its not installed.  Hangs... :frown: Can treat it?

3 hours ago, rightbob said:

Something its not installed.  Hangs... :frown: Can treat it?

1. Download Reshade plug-in from the mentioned site.
2. Drop it in your main DoA directory and install. While installing, click DX-9 version of .exe and download the basic configuration of effects.
3. My preset uses only those basic effects, there're some additional injectors created here and there but it's too bothersome and not needed anyway.
4. Download my preset - put it in your game's main folder - the parent folder where your .exe is and where you had already put Reshade .exe for installation.
5. In-game the loading screen will pop-up right after application starts. It's gonna tell you something about loading effects, the game may hang for a while and then it should normally load.
6. IF IT HANGS OR FREEZES ON INTROS AND DOESN'T LOAD AT ALL WHILE LOADING EFFECTS, JUST REINSTALL RESHADE AND DOWNLOAD THE FULL SET OF EFFECTS ONCE AGAIN.

I can't help you more because there's really nothing more involved. Maybe you choose a wrong version of .exe meaning DX-10+ instead of DX-9. Maybe your hardware is too weak to handle the injector and it freezes on startup because of something. I don't know.

My configuration: GTX1080, i-7-6700K, 16 GB-RAM, Windows 10 with all the main updates.

This game isn't very demanding but who knows. The injector sometimes is.

7 hours ago, sphiratrioth666 said:

2. Drop it in your main DoA directory and install. While installing, click DX-9 version of .exe and download the basic configuration of effects.
3. My preset uses only those basic effects, there're some additional injectors created here and there but it's too bothersome and not needed anyway.
4. Download my preset - put it in your game's main folder - the parent folder where your .exe is and where you had already put Reshade .exe for installation.
5. In-game the loading screen will pop-up right after application starts. It's gonna tell you something about loading effects, the game may hang for a while and then it should normally load.
6. IF IT HANGS OR FREEZES ON INTROS AND DOESN'T LOAD AT ALL WHILE LOADING EFFECTS, JUST REINSTALL RESHADE AND DOWNLOAD THE FULL SET OF EFFECTS ONCE AGAIN.

I can't help you more because there's really nothing more involved. Maybe you choose a wrong version of .exe meaning DX-10+ instead of DX-9. Maybe your hardware is too weak to handle the injector and it freezes on startup because of something. I don't know.

My configuration: GTX1080, i-7-6700K, 16 GB-RAM, Windows 10 with all the main updates.

i wou'ld understand if everything would hang at step 5 or 6 but when on 2, its too early... :smile:
displays the Welcome screen and no further progress...

6 hours ago, rightbob said:

i wou'ld understand if everything would hang at step 5 or 6 but when on 2, its too early... :smile:
displays the Welcome screen and no further progress...

It is very strange. You mean the installer of the Reshade plug-in? Maybe try running as administrator or download the .exe again and then install it. It's really surprising. This plug-in has never disappointed me, never had any technical problems and I use it on many different games. Really, where exactly does it hang at? I normally download the .exe, drop it in my DoA main directory, run it normally, chose the game .exe I want to modify, then install with a corresponding DX version, download effects automatically and that's it. Never had a single problem o.O

5 hours ago, sphiratrioth666 said:

It is very strange. You mean the installer of the Reshade plug-in? Maybe try running as administrator or download the .exe again and then install it. It's really surprising. This plug-in has never disappointed me, never had any technical problems and I use it on many different games. Really, where exactly does it hang at? I normally download the .exe, drop it in my DoA main directory, run it normally, chose the game .exe I want to modify, then install with a corresponding DX version, download effects automatically and that's it. Never had a single problem o.O

now this thing worked. i dont know whats the matter... perhaps the weather has changed. :smile:
any case, thank you

On 01.02.2018 at 1:18 AM, sphiratrioth666 said:

And can you recommend any similar program for not such a cool computer?

Archived