[mod] [CK2] Herring's Stuff for CK2

Here's some stuff I made for CK2.

===============

Trait Icon Replacements

===============

I think a lot of the icons for traits used by DWR and it's sub-mods don't really fit with the rest of the games icons.
As such I thought I'd make my own. Here are the current icons:

Current.thumb.png.0a5aef7e19ebf11f5096a085779d35a5.png

There are 3 different downloads:

• Trait Icon Replacements
    • These files are to actually replace a mod's icons
    • For normal users
  • Trait Icon Replacements - Premades for modders
    • These are premade icons made from the templates, they come in PNG, DDS & TGA
    • For modders
  • Trait Icon Replacements - Templates for modders
    • The actual templates the icons were made from
    • For modders

You are free to include any of these icons in your mod & make your own with the templates, if you meet the terms from the "Terms for re-use for own mod" section further down below.

Premade & Templates also both come with python scripts to convert all PNGs in the current directory to DDS or TGA, these do require ImageMagick to be installed though to work.

Currently supported mods:

• Abos Lovers of Harems
  • Bosom Fantasy
  • Christianity
  • Dark World Extras
  • Dark World Reborn
  • Turtle's Extra Traits and Other Stuff

Changelog:

Spoiler
    • Changed
      • Replaced Toska Remix with DW Extras
    • New
      • Futa & Trap trait icons
    • Changed
      • Added virgin icon to DW: Toska Remix since I forgot it last update
      • Changed gimp python script to have control of scaling & selection feathering
    • Main download only update / no new graphics
    • Added support for Bosom Fantasy
    • Added support for DW: Toska Remix
    • Download for users:
      • Updated dependencies string for DWR overwrite
    • Premades & Templates:
      • -1 size icons are now dark instead of light to make them contrast to the other bodypart icons
      • Added alternative to -1 icons with a questionmark
      • Updated male circumcision icons to use the penis base for Circumcision Mod
      • Added phimosis trait icon for Circumcision Mod
      • Added female circumcision icons for Circumcision Mod
      • Added GIMP script/plug-in for icon shadows
    • Main download only update
    • Updated Dark World Reborn's overwrite for newest version
    • Removed Darkest Perversion's overwrite
    • Premade & Template only update
    • Added the oral elasticity / mouth size icons
    • Added hetero- &  bisexual traits for Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions
    • Added the circumcision icons for coleman1's mod to Premades and Templates.
    • Changed the scripts to be recursive if started with the argument "-r"
    • Finalized the body-size icons
    • Added icon for virgin trait
    • Added body-size icons for anus & vagina
    • Made icons look more like vanilla's
    • Initial release with body-size icons for Breasts, Butt, Penis and Testicles

=============

Trap Portrait Swaps

=============

TPS.jpg.1346c1a91cc42b72de4f4349fa708d60.jpg

This creates new cultures through a patch and patcher program which are used to swap a characters appearance to the portrait of the other gender.
Since these are generated differently depending on which mods you use, you will have to make a patch for your specific mod installation, see further down how you can make a patch yourself.

A few other notes:

• Additional mods usually require a newly created patch of their own. (either if they have new graphical cultures, do something with the trap trait, overwrite a file that is also overwritten by the patch or do anything with cultures)
  • The patch doesn't do much on it's own, the only thing that is actually included is a decision to make someone a trap if a game rule for it is enabled.
  • The patch also creates trap portrait swaps for women, I don't know if this will create problems, but usually people only set the trap trait if someone's male, so it hopefully won't.
  • When creating a character don't change the culture to a trap culture, the patch only affects ethnicity, so if you want to play as one change the ethnicity.

Creating own patch:

Spoiler
  1. Copy the folders "common","events","decisions","interface" & "localisation" from the CK2 install folder to the "Game" folder
  2. Copy the "interface" folders from the DLCs to the "Game" folder
           An easy way if you have 7-zip installed: Select all .zip files -> Right click -> "Extract Here" -> copy the interface folder
  3. Copy the folders "common","events","decisions","interface" & "localisation" from the all wanted mods to the "Game" folder
            Notes:
                If a mod has a dependency the dependency mod has to be pasted first
                If a mod has a replace_path in it, remove the directory/-ies from the "Game" folder first and then paste it
  4. Either use the provided exe or use Python 3 to execute Patch Engine.py
  5. Wait until "Done. Press enter to exit", then press enter.
  6. Go into the Output folder and and open the .mod file, change the dependencies to all the mods you are using.
  7. Copy the folder and the .mod file into the mod directory
  8. Done

Stuff for modders:

Spoiler

If you want to check if a user has Trap Portrait Swaps activated:
I made it set a global flag called "TrapPortraitSwapsActive" and a global variable "global_TrapPortraitSwapsVersion" for it's version on startup.

Changelog

Spoiler
    • Created new option to make trap cultures not spawn on randomized world
    • Initial release

============

Trap & Futa Genes
============

Rules.thumb.jpg.a4b8424afb51bc25ddb0ca38b110f656.jpg

This mod provides game rules for both trap & futa traits through which you can control:

• the % of characters that can randomly get one of the traits
  • the % of how likely it is that a child with a trap/futa parent inherits the trait
  • if children of parent with trap/futa trait only get a chance to inherit the trait or in addition to the chance to inherit it, also have the chance to randomly get it
  • if the traits should be given to the characters on adulthood and don't mess with the children's development OR given on birth as is default by DWR
  • if the mod should always remove other mod's assignment of the traits, try to be as compatible as possible or just never remove the traits.

The mod is overkill if you want a fixed percentage (just change the "birth" and "inheritance" flags of the traits), but if you want to change percentages between saves it's pretty useful.

It also should have pretty good compatibility to other sub-mods, as it doesn't change any of the files from DWR, but this is also my first mod, so take that statement with a grain of salt.

NOTES ON POPULATION:

• Here's a graph from one of the dev diaries that show how many NPCs are alive at a given time, to help you choose what percentages you want: https://i.imgur.com/vMnckpc.png
  • CK2 usually creates less women at startup, because of that if you set the percentage for random traps and futas to be equal, you will very likely still end up with less futas when the game starts.

Changelog:

Spoiler
    • Fixed removal of traits.
    • Added version check on startup, so the user is warned if he uses an older version on a save he used a newer version previously
    • Added new game rule for compatibility
    • The remove trait events now also fire on chronicle_start to also remove the traits of those that get it on when starting a new game
    • Initial release

============

Herring's Math Stuff
============

For another mod I needed the functions: nth root of x and x to the power of n. As such I (painstakingly) created some scripted effects for them, because I couldn't find an example of it one the Paradox forums.

Functions / Operators included

• NthPower - x to the power of n
  • NthRoot - nth root of x
  • Factorial - Factorial of a number
  • LogisticFunction - Logistic growth function

Accuracy

Some things to remember:

• CK2's Engine supports a maximum of 3 decimal places as such I can't improve the accuracy in that department.
  • Large numbers can lead to overflows

3rd root of 5.54 = 1,769443...

5a89f8ceb5ddc_3throotof5_54.png.95ba5a6c95eb454413e69a9205fa9854.png

3rd root of 50 = 3,684031498....

5a89f8d0a55ab_3throotof50.png.ce3bc15443631fffe40c41b87a5ba02c.png

-2nd root of 5 = 0,44721359...

5a89f8d319229_minus2throotof5.png.1227bbdf0c044a37d026db681869edee.png

52.5 = 55,9016994...

5a89f8d1d30f2_5tothepowerof2.5.png.83e549b6cec89c45224e0b1bf331dd7a.png

-54 = 625

5a89f8d45aa5f_minus5tothepowerof4.png.33f1774c33ac874a207a0f5672e1fdca.png

-55 = -3125

5a89f8d57f31a_minus5tothepowerof5.png.d4ac4be521e89e6fcc032b0a785d87ad.png

For other problems and restrictions see the main file.

How to use

Spoiler

# Using NthPower as an example

set_variable = { which = local_NthPowerN value = 5 } # Setting parameter n
set_variable = { which = local_NthPowerX value = -5 } # Setting parameter x
NthPower = yes # Calling function with given parameters

# The variable local_NthPowerResult is now set

Since all variables are declared as local_, once the event chain is broken the variables will disappear with it.

Changelog:

Spoiler
    • Bugfixes
      • NthPower now actually calculates the right number. ( I forgot to set a variable to local )
    • Additions
      • LogisticFunction
      • Factorial
    • Changes
      • Made it into an actual mod instead of a resource.
    • Initial release with NthPower & NthRoot

===================

Terms for re-use for own mod

===================

If you want to use anything from these assets & mods for your own mod then you can do that, as long as your mod is available for download without having to pay & preview/newer versions are also freely available without having to pay for them.

So, in short:

• No complete paywall lock
  • Neither a temporary paywall lock
  • Donations are fine.
  • Credit would also be nice.

View File

On 1/30/2018 at 8:20 PM, Abominus said:

Do you mind to do some more for anus and vagina?

I actually wanted to do those next anyway.

5a723bc01dc4d_VA.thumb.png.b8d1c16cb5404e26fabf6ca98992d204.png

I used small overlays like the ones that the virtues and sins traits have, since the normal size overlays would have made them indistinguishable from normal traits as their shape is pretty generic.

In other news I separated the templates from the actual replacements, since a lot of people probably don't care about the templates. I also redid the black border around the current traits as it was thicker than the vanilla's.

Just so you know, the new standard we all agreed upon has the potential of 8 sizes per trait, though not everyone is going to use size 0 (micro).  

Also, I like these a lot.  Not sure how well the rules will work with NDPA, but if they do, they are cool.  Good work.

Just in case you didn't see this in my forums:

On 1/18/2018 at 4:23 PM, noxbestia said:

Unofficial Endowment Standard Adopted

As I have been discussing, I have decided to embrace a single naming convention for endowment traits.  All 32 of my endowment traits have been renamed to <size>_<trait>, just like the breast traits in Christianity MOD (and Dark World Reborn).  I chopped the nox_ prefix off of all of them in hopes that more of the moders who use their own endowment systems will accept this naming convention and improve cross-compatibility.  Regardless, for NDPA I still have the rules-based option of using mine, @dewguru's, or @Liqui Turtle's trait naming systems so as to maintain compatibility with those mods.  Credit to @genericlogin, of course, for unintentionally inspiring me to do everything this way.

FYI: The variables are set for a value of "0" for micro to "7" for gigantic, which is compatible with all in-use systems I know about. 

variable: ass_size      variable: balls_size    variable: breast_size   variable: dick_size
    micro_ass               micro_balls             micro_tits              micro_dick
    tiny_ass                tiny_balls              tiny_tits               tiny_dick
    small_ass               small_balls             small_tits              small_dick
    regular_ass             regular_balls           regular_tits            regular_dick
    big_ass                 big_balls               big_tits                big_dick      
    huge_ass                huge_balls              huge_tits               huge_dick
    enormous_ass            enormous_balls          enormous_tits           enormous_dick
    gigantic_ass            gigantic_balls          gigantic_tits           gigantic_dick

58 minutes ago, noxbestia said:

Just so you know, the new standard we all agreed upon has the potential of 8 sizes per trait, though not everyone is going to use size 0 (micro).  

Also, I like these a lot.  Not sure how well the rules will work with NDPA, but if they do, they are cool.  Good work.

Oh, I thought that was just your mod that was going to have that standard in case someone wanted to do a sub-mod for it.

Good to know, don't know tough if I'm going to to change the icons to reflect that. On one hand I could just put them in the little overlays and have the icons be a bit more detailed, on the other it probably doesn't feel that immersive (If you can even call the game immersive after installing DWR and other such mods) to just display a number that reflects some internal variables, that during normal gameplay aren't seen. I'll consider it though.

Only quickly skimmed through some event files and the main onActions file, but since NDPA gives out neither trap or futa trait through on_birth it should be fine. Since on_birth is the only time my mod tries to remove both traits.

14 minutes ago, rokstar said:

anyway, excellent job. i am impressed > amused. Keep up the good work. LOL

Thanks and will do.

26 minutes ago, Herring said:

Oh, I thought that was just your mod that was going to have that standard in case someone wanted to do a sub-mod for it.

Good to know, don't know tough if I'm going to to change the icons to reflect that. On one hand I could just put them in the little overlays and have the icons be a bit more detailed, on the other it probably doesn't feel that immersive (If you can even call the game immersive after installing DWR and other such mods) to just display a number that reflects some internal variables, that during normal gameplay aren't seen. I'll consider it though.

Only quickly skimmed through some event files and the main onActions file, but since NDPA gives out neither trap or futa trait through on_birth it should be fine. Since on_birth is the only time my mod tries to remove both traits.

Originally it was just me.  I discussed with in a private conversation with everyone else and we agreed to it to improve cross-compatibility between our mods. 

The numbers are just an internal reference, but any person could have 1 of 8 different traits for each of the 4 endowments.  The current version of DWR does use all 8 for breasts and cock though that might change in a future version if micro is dropped.

If you would like, I will gladly work with you to make sure NDPA is as compatible with your rules as I can reasonably make it.  :smile:

As for NDPA and trap/futa, you are correct that nothing does it on_birth, but NOX_onActionEvent.13 potentially adds trap on puberty if you meet the other criteria I set for it and are an AI.  If you are a player, it starts a whole event chain that is currently at least partially disabled.  There are 10 different places I add futa to a character, but I don't believe any of those ever trigger from on_birth. 

Hmm, I really like these. I do a little work on Christianity Mod and I think I'd actually like to add these directly to the mod if you and @genericlogin agree.

@noxbestia: Granted I haven't played your mod, but I don't really see the point of a size 0. I assume it's for women who haven't reached puberty yet... but no icon at all is perfectly fine, and if you really wanted one A- is already "Flat Chest". We set breast_size variable at birth or creation and already give them a smaller tit size trait during their early teen years, so it's no problem to just give all preteens the A- trait if you like. But a size 0 isn't really compatible with us as we use it to determine "this person has slipped through the cracks of the system, either inherit from their parents or assume a C-cup" rather than "hasn't started puberty."

1 minute ago, MeMe said:

Hmm, I really like these. I do a little work on Christianity Mod and I think I'd actually like to add these directly to the mod if you and @genericlogin agree.

@noxbestia: Granted I haven't played your mod, but I don't really see the point of a size 0. I assume it's for women who haven't reached puberty yet... but no icon at all is perfectly fine, and if you really wanted one A- is already "Flat Chest". We set breast_size variable at birth or creation and already give them a smaller tit size trait during their early teen years, so it's no problem to just give all preteens the A- trait if you like. But a size 0 isn't really compatible with us as we use it to determine "this person has slipped through the cracks of the system, either inherit from their parents or assume a C-cup" rather than "hasn't started puberty."

The micro size started with dicks and was just copied to all other attributes.  And mod that ignores a size variable of 0 won't trigger the micro size.  I actually have separate icons and mechanics for pre-pubescent traits while the adult traits that were assigned at birth are hidden until puberty with an is_visible wrapper in the trait.  :smile: 

Was quite busy since last update so not much progress sadly, I did do a few things though:

I (hopefully) finalized the body part size icons:

Bodysizesfinal.jpg.031dfe569fe87b528b6c5ceeea125e5c.jpg

Tweaked them a bit more to look more alike if they are the same color & redid the shadow again.

In the end I chose the small icons with numbers since @Abominus Post reminded me that not everyone plays in English and as such the characters over the icons would be meaningless.

I really hope these will be the final ones, since tweaking them is a bit boring at this point.

-1 is also currently unused, I wanted to make them in case somebody needed something like a unset,eunuch,n/a,etc trait.

Also here's the first none body part size icon, the virgin trait:

Virgin.png.5b74bd5b482aa95aea4b177428fd12c2.png

I hope it's clear enough that those are lilies or at least flowers.

Why lilies?

Spoiler

Sym.jpg.0bfd3a1241d50d3786875cc6f73125fe.jpg

From "Signs & Symbols in Christian Art", page 33.

It's freely available on books.google.com, if anyone cares.

Furthermore, I made a 3rd download available called "Trait Icon Replacement - Premade", this includes all icons and come as PNGs, DDSs & TGAs. So that mod authors can just take icons from there instead of making them through templates or having to look through the various mod folders from the normal download. Probably not as useful now, but it's going to be a hassle otherwise when I have more icons.

The Templates and the Premade downloads also now come with 2 python scripts to make every PNG in the current directory to DDS and TGA files, both require ImageMagick ( https://www.imagemagick.org/ ) to be installed.

On 2/1/2018 at 12:18 AM, noxbestia said:

If you would like, I will gladly work with you to make sure NDPA is as compatible with your rules as I can reasonably make it.  :smile:

Probably the best way to ensure compatibility would be if you set a flag on NOX_onActionEvent.13 after add_trait = trap (line 191 in alpha 0.0.0.2) called something like nox_is_trap, so that I can just not trigger the event that removes the trait if I know that your mod set the trait. Couldn't find anything related to the futa trait, that could cause problems.

On 2/1/2018 at 4:42 PM, MeMe said:

I do a little work on Christianity Mod and I think I'd actually like to add these directly to the mod if you and @genericlogin agree.

Like I said, everyone is free to use any icon that they want to use in their mod, so it's a yes from me.

On 2/5/2018 at 11:19 PM, Zebe said:

Awesome stuff! Thank you so much!

You're welcome.

I am quite impressed!  The -1 versions would be perfect for the pre-pubertal traits that show in place of a young character's adult endowments in NDPA.  I will most likely use most of these in the next upload of NDPA.  

1 hour ago, Herring said:

Probably the best way to ensure compatibility would be if you set a flag on NOX_onActionEvent.13 after add_trait = trap (line 191 in alpha 0.0.0.2) called something like nox_is_trap, so that I can just not trigger the event that removes the trait if I know that your mod set the trait. Couldn't find anything related to the futa trait, that could cause problems.

Gladly.  I'll have a flag for you in the next upload.

EDIT: I missed it before, but I noticed your lilly and it looks so much better than mine does!  

Changes to Mods:

• Trait Icon Replacement
    • Uploaded a fix for the normal download since I missed a few icons on Noxbestia's Mod
  • Trap & Futa Genes
    • Added a new game rule for compatibility and changed it's events to use them
    • The remove trait events now also fire on chronicle_start to also remove the traits of those that get it on when starting a new game
19 hours ago, noxbestia said:

EDIT: I missed it before, but I noticed your lilly and it looks so much better than mine does!  

I actually didn't bother to look if any other mod other than DWR had a virgin trait of it's own, because they are usually dependent on DWR, as such I find it quite funny that we both came to the conclusion to using a lily for the icon. Also, thank you!

18 hours ago, noxbestia said:

The flag is:  nox_made_you_a_trap

I updated the mod to not remove the trap trait if the flag is set and the new gamerule is set to Compatibility (It is by default), so the mod's should be compatible now.

24 minutes ago, Herring said:

Changes to Mods:

• Trait Icon Replacement
    • Uploaded a fix for the normal download since I missed a few icons on Noxbestia's Mod

What is your interest and/or willingness in doing two more rows of attribute icons?  @Abominus has wanted to add oral orifice flexibility to ALoHa and as I was writing out the new localisation I realized that we need a regular one and a special one for animal people/werewolves that had muzzles, so we have 16 new "endowment" traits that our two mods will soon be incorporating in future releases of ALoHa and NDPA.

I will do them after the next update with 6 new icons, it will take some time though as I still don't have much time currently.

As for the two different versions, couldn't you just combine them and instead of showing lips & muzzle show a somewhat distended or even normal neck from the side?

1 hour ago, Herring said:

I will do them after the next update with 6 new icons, it will take some time though as I still don't have much time currently.

As for the two different versions, couldn't you just combine them and instead of showing lips & muzzle show a somewhat distended or even normal neck from the side?

One set of icons could work for both without problem since no one person would ever have both except in a glitch. 

These are very well done, thanks bunches.

I know that quantity has a quality all it's own, but there are fantastic gigantic tits and...less fantastic gigantic tits. Has any though been put into ratings other than size? Like....

variable: breast_size

tiny_tits

tinyperfect_tits

small_tits

regular_tits

big_tits

bigperfect_tits

enormous_tits

enormousperfect_tits

Or something similar? Is it just me?

Changelog

• New icons for hetero- & bisexuality for Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions
    • New icons for coleman1's Circumcision mod, didn't make a overwrite mod for the normal download though, since he's gonna use the icons next update anyway.
    • Newest.png.4496122f7cb1988450707c4bfa9f7705.png
    • Changed the python scripts to be recursive if they're given "-r" as an argument

In outer news:

I broke 1000 downloads, yay!

@noxbestia I will now work on the oral elasticity traits, should hopefully be finished by the end of the week, if I don't have too much to do.

On 2/9/2018 at 3:13 AM, Fl0g said:

These are very well done, thanks bunches.

I know that quantity has a quality all it's own, but there are fantastic gigantic tits and...less fantastic gigantic tits. Has any though been put into ratings other than size?

Thank you.

I have, but I think that would be somewhat unneeded since the attractive and ugly traits exist which could be seen to encompass that, though I do see your point.

Personally, I'm more annoyed by the fact that no mod has given characters preferences for certain sizes and as such, I think @noxbestia has or had something like that, on a smaller scale atleast for things like size queens, in the works at some point, if I remember correctly whose disabled trait files I looked through recently. Though I'm currently working on a mod that will have preferences if everything works out the way I want it.

2 hours ago, Herring said:

Personally, I'm more annoyed by the fact that no mod has given characters preferences for certain sizes and as such, I think @noxbestia has or had something like that, on a smaller scale atleast for things like size queens, in the works at some point, if I remember correctly whose disabled trait files I looked through recently. Though I'm currently working on a mod that will have preferences if everything works out the way I want it.

I do have some for the small end of the spectrum I wrote when I was doing the "Trap Family" events.  Eventually I'll expand preferences to cover all kinds and sizes of endowments.  Sometimes I write stuff before I actually need it but most often I end up putting things on the back burner until they become a part of a higher priority section.

I also completely redid my endowment trait sprites starting with v0.0.0.2.1.  That includes all the ones you have generated for me (and some others of yours) so you don't need to overwrite those anymore.  :smile:

On 2/13/2018 at 7:59 PM, Herring said:

Changelog

• New icons for hetero- & bisexuality for Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions
    • New icons for coleman1's Circumcision mod, didn't make a overwrite mod for the normal download though, since he's gonna use the icons next update anyway.
    • Newest.png.4496122f7cb1988450707c4bfa9f7705.png
    • Changed the python scripts to be recursive if they're given "-r" as an argument

@noxbestia

@noxbestia

Version 1.01 is out and it includes the new icon for traits. Thanks!!

On 2/13/2018 at 12:59 PM, Herring said:

Though I'm currently working on a mod that will have preferences if everything works out the way I want it.

I would like to add more preferences to NDPA, so I am interested in at least making our stuff cross-compatible.  If you are interested/willing, I'd be glad to fully work together with you on this endeavour.