[FIX] Actor fading when too close with camera

Issue:

When NOT using free cam, actors are fading out when you are too close to them.

This issue really annoys me for quite some time now and I thought its time to dig into it :smile:

I basically want to disable this feature via console or mod. Anybody has an idea?

I found this topic, but I do not understand it... 

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/598355-script-function-to-disable-actor-min-distance-fade/

It seems to be connected to this: Utility.SetIniFloat("fActorFadeOutLimit:Camera" 

But I dont know where to put it or on which value. or if it even helps at all..

Thank you :smile:

21 hours ago, SassaAria said:

This is another issue and as far as I can see not connected.

I have customizeable camera, but not setting seems to solve the problem (or even comes close, if I am not completely stupid).

The Problem is:

I am in "NORMAL" Camera mode. So no freecam, no first person, no view mode of CC. 

When I zoom in too far and then rotate, actors and also the Player Character "vanish" from sight. They are getting transparent and then completely gone.

I want to disable that. Or a mod that does it for me. 

It happens in viewmode too. It happens in FOV 40 an in FOV 180. 

It makes some scenes annoying since when you rotate sometimes an actor will be vanishing and you have to rotate back to make him appear again. 

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

It happens in viewmode too. It happens in FOV 40 an in FOV 180. 

If you want to get close to characters (zooming in) you have to go the other way with FOV.

Think had mine set at FOV 25 (for zoomed in kissing with tongues.) 

Haven't played in a long while, so can't remember if FOV also affected my freecam setup.

U prbly know this already, but once you set main FOV, you can add a zoom backwards feature, and sideways and so on in customizable camera.

So maybe see how low you can get FOV and add the backwards zoom?

If that doesn't work, maybe upload a mp4 or webm that shows problem?

Happen to like camera stuff, so I'll compare with my game, and see what's happens.

18 minutes ago, SassaAria said:

If you want to get close to characters (zooming in) you have to go the other way with FOV.

Think had mine set at FOV 25 (for zoomed in kissing with tongues.) 

Haven't played in a long while, so can't remember if FOV also affected my freecam setup.

U prbly know this already, but once you set main FOV, you can add a zoom backwards feature, and sideways and so on in customizable camera.

So maybe see how low you can get FOV and add the backwards zoom?

If that doesn't work, maybe upload a mp4 or webm that shows problem?

Happen to like camera stuff, so I'll compare with my game, and see what's happens.

The thing you describe is completly unrelated to my problem. I dont care about how close I can get to an actor. I want them to stop fading even when I am inside them, rotating or zooming through them or whatnot.

Actors disappear even when I zoom out and have FOV 40. It seems to be connected to angles and camera distance, but I find it hard to find a rule on this or how it works.

FOV affects all cameras, except View Mode in Customizeable Camera. That is the sad thing. I am looking for a mod that allows me a different FOV in First Person and Third person. Profile Switch in Custom Camera is only through MCM not hotkey, so that is useless :frown:

See screenshots.

If I zoom too close to my character it fades. (face picture). This can not be solved with FOV and distance, it can just be worked around. But I do not want a workaround, I want it gone. I want to come so close even with FOV 110.

In the second picture you see the real problem. THe two actors in the foreground are in the state of "fading" out. Since the camera comes too close to them while rotating. This happens no matter which FOV you use and is the main issue, because this also happens with actors inside of sex scenes.

20180201231446_1.jpg

20180201231456_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

If I zoom too close to my character it fades. (face picture). This can not be solved with FOV and distance, it can just be worked around. But I do not want a workaround, I want it gone. I want to come so close even with FOV 110.

Thanks! seeing those piccies helped me understand what you are after.

Your looking for a level of zoom in that is essentially "macro" on cameras for taking pictures of flowers and stuff, but you want long distance too, and you want ability to pan around at same time, and you can still see everything without fading regardless of proximity to camera.

AFAIK, you're looking for something that exists outside the "laws" of photography.

Unless there's some advances i don't know about.

As for stopping the fading while inside actor, that's just not a feature I've ever heard of.

(And even macro settings on a good dig camera "break up" or blur when you get too close.)

This is what i got for results using FOV of 10, and i don't think you'll get better.

My reply is all about third person, and I never intended to comment about 1st person.

LOL that's a challenge to anyone who thinks they have a better way of doing this.  Would love to see it!

The pics show the closest i could get (flycam>normal), and i tried to mimic the 2nd setup too.

Though, will be honest, as soon as I started testing, I switched to flycam, which i normally do without thinking, and the results were superior in terms of letting me get closer.

Flycan lets me pan around, and i don't nor,ally see alot of ghosting.  There will be some.

I never wanted to get closer than these, like in your 1st screenshot, and I prefer freedom of flycam.

But do realize that sometimes you do need to go back to "normal" camera to get things going again for some interactions.

PS.  USe a DOF blur with my ENB, in case your wondering why some photos are duplicated or like that.  Just wanted to show diffs in focus.

PS 2.  These are unedited fullscreen 1920x1080 screenies.

Spoiler

5a74dbc38bfbd_enb2018_02_0215_13_29_89.thumb.png.85d196eb6fb0a39ba74bb3556b6afe0d.png

5a74dbbd162c4_enb2018_02_0215_11_44_87.thumb.png.0edf838c5726e8121cdba82a6b122646.png5a74dbc976281_enb2018_02_0215_33_06_95.thumb.png.bad485d68e4ed46a91f2481014c05882.png5a74dbcebfacf_enb2018_02_0215_33_16_62.thumb.png.23e67667a1f0ef97117d415c16593555.png5a74dbd53f921_enb2018_02_0215_33_34_96.thumb.png.56e009185499e883e94f23985b655916.png5a74dbdc45c93_enb2018_02_0215_33_38_42.thumb.png.d0ec7c4669a2c78a73a82e4c5a2247c1.png5a74dbe9e8948_enb2018_02_0215_34_04_00.thumb.png.424c5af2901a5802db991b38aa3b637c.png5a74dbf0df5de_enb2018_02_0215_34_23_14.thumb.png.02a4cee89a785fb1c3e3de61ecfa8745.png5a74dbf5ee079_enb2018_02_0215_34_53_15.thumb.png.d76b3b0fb92096ae27e5aba95c1f7722.png5a74dbfdc3c5c_enb2018_02_0215_35_08_67.thumb.png.4f8c3b0fd3bbeaf992eb063f1dde0881.png5a74dc05b293f_enb2018_02_0215_35_22_82.thumb.png.671c3388f79e4e151f45669ac585569e.png5a74dc0bd9183_enb2018_02_0215_35_26_63.thumb.png.9e9858edce4b9ea0e89e8cfb823a8139.png

19 minutes ago, SassaAria said:

Thanks! seeing those piccies helped me understand what you are after.

Your looking for a level of zoom in that is essentially "macro" on cameras for taking pictures of flowers and stuff, but you want long distance too, and you want ability to pan around at same time, and you can still see everything without fading regardless of proximity to camera.

AFAIK, you're looking for something that exists outside the "laws" of photography.

Unless there's some advances i don't know about.

As for stopping the fading while inside actor, that's just not a feature I've ever heard of.

(And even macro settings on a good dig camera "break up" or blur when you get too close.)

This is what i got for results using FOV of 10, and i don't think you'll get better.

My reply is all about third person, and I never intended to comment about 1st person.

LOL that's a challenge to anyone who thinks they have a better way of doing this.  Would love to see it!

The pics show the closest i could get (flycam>normal), and i tried to mimic the 2nd setup too.

Though, will be honest, as soon as I started testing, I switched to flycam, which i normally do without thinking, and the results were superior in terms of letting me get closer.

Flycan lets me pan around, and i don't nor,ally see alot of ghosting.  There will be some.

I never wanted to get closer than these, like in your 1st screenshot, and I prefer freedom of flycam.

But do realize that sometimes you do need to go back to "normal" camera to get things going again for some interactions.

Spoiler

As I said, we are speaking of totally different things. I m a photographer myself, I know what is possible and what is not. This is not related to FOV or any other "physical" stuff but connected to the game engine which simply tries to make actors that the stupid engine thinks are blocking side are made transparent (in an ugly process, too). I am also not trying to take photographs or videos. I just want a camera rotating around my character that is not acting stupid :smiley:

Mostly, programmers design thinks in a way they think helps people, while in fact they just think people are too fucking stupid (some of them really are so )

The part in your answer that is red is exactly what I am looking for. Everything else is fine and working as intended. 

On 30/01/2018 at 8:13 AM, Nymra said:

actors are fading out when you are too close to them.

This is from your OP and is what originally made me reply, and what set the "goal of this thread" for me.

I honestly thought you were misunderstanding the power and usage of FOV.

32 minutes ago, Nymra said:

The part in your answer that is red is exactly what I am looking for.

K, good to know.  Though kinda wish that would have been more clearly laid out in OP.

But we got it clarified so that's good.

I think your last post about "game engine" being the culprit sums it up.

You're just pushing this game to new frontiers. :classic_tongue:

52 minutes ago, SassaAria said:

This is from your OP and is what originally made me reply, and what set the "goal of this thread" for me.

I honestly thought you were misunderstanding the power and usage of FOV.

K, good to know.  Though kinda wish that would have been more clearly laid out in OP.

But we got it clarified so that's good.

I think your last post about "game engine" being the culprit sums it up.

You're just pushing this game to new frontiers. :classic_tongue:

Haha, yeah, sorry. I m not a native speaker and sometimes have trouble finding the correct words.

While I also give you, that FOV works as workaround.

I was hoping there is a simple console command to make this go away or a fix/mod. 

At least I explored some new features in the various camere mods, lol :smiley:

Problem still stands, tho. Thx for your replies.

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

Haha, yeah, sorry. I m not a native speaker and sometimes have trouble finding the correct words.

While I also give you, that FOV works as workaround.

I was hoping there is a simple console command to make this go away or a fix/mod. 

At least I explored some new features in the various camere mods, lol :smiley:

Problem still stands, tho. Thx for your replies.

LOL and you made me dust off my Skyrim game! :classic_tongue:

Have fun!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/14/2022 at 2:01 AM, toxcity13 said:

hi, it's me, from the future... thank you

hey this is for sse, if you have sse display tweaks https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34705?tab=description

open the .ini , scroll down you´ll find

## Disable actor fade when camera intersects the body.
#
DisableActorFade=false

## Disable player fade when camera intersects the body.
#
DisablePlayerFade=false

set true !

it works very good ?

Edited by sickboy791
  • 7 months later...