New Shoes

Frankfranky

51 minutes ago, Frankfranky said:

idk. If I replace the textures in the custom with the textures from the black, they work as intended, It seems there is a problem in some of the BSLightingShaders. I tested them in the Aether Suite and they worked fine. This was clearly a mistake. The problem is when they are in the proper game..... I will track it down ... ..... FUCK.

sorry.

Looking at it in Nifskope in the shader flag 2 doesn't have the slsf2_envmap_light_fade.  Would this be an issue?.

so I know where the problem is. I know how to fix the problem. I just don't know exactly WHAT the problem is, or why it occured. This is very disturbing. I like to know what is going on. sigh.

nm :smile: There will be a working UNP version shortly. After I deal with real world crisis of the mundane, I will test the CBBE ones and reupload them later today.

50 minutes ago, Vortec said:

Looking at it in Nifskope in the shader flag 2 doesn't have the slsf2_envmap_light_fade.  Would this be an issue?.

or, why does it have slsf2_envmap_light_fade checked at all? I don't know what this does. This shouldn't be checked. You may have found the problem ... I was in the process of just deleting the black/brown, copying the custom twice, and replacing the textures, cause that fixes it. ... but, uncheck a couple of boxes is better :smile: I will try. ty

17 minutes ago, Vortec said:

Well i notice a lot of meshes have that on. Yours doesn't. Don't have it in game yet. I think the textures are fine just the settings for them maybe off?.

the only "probably reliable" info I could find on that flag is from jonWD - one of the nifskope developers (I think)

"Actually I've not thought about what SLSF2_EnvMap_Light_Fade can do until now. If I had to guess, the brightness of the environment map (if there is one) is not diminished by the ambient brightness unless this flag is set. "

anyway, turning it on didn't fix the problem. I think you are on the right track though. I think the problem is related to my use of environmental mapping. I just don't see how, or what I have done wrong in the brown and black nifs. tbh the effect was nice, but very very subtle. I liked it because it made me look all pro to use it. And Deserter X uses environmental mapping. I wanna use it too! oh well. mb in the next thing. I am just going to replace the texture sets in the working custom version and dump the env mapping altogether for now

4 hours ago, Frankfranky said:

Alright. Now the UNP ones work.

(I even uninstalled all the old versions and installed from exactly this upload just to make sure, something I should have done to begin with, assumption being the mother of all ... ... ... I wonder who the father was? ... ... ). I will do something about the CBBE ones later.

AnkleBootsUNP.7z

Just a suggestion, you only need Nio on one Nitrishape shape, not all of them.

2 hours ago, Vortec said:

Just a suggestion, you only need Nio on one Nitrishape shape, not all of them.

Someone else said this to me too. I don't know if I asked why then. Do you know why? Which one do you put it on? Does it matter? Does it need to be the first trishape? All I know is that if you put it on all of them it works. I think it is only text string data. Not sure if it makes any difference from a performance perspective. mb it does?  I think stylistically it is prob nicer to only put it on one. It would definately be easier to modify if it was only on one, but then once you find the right value, you aren't really going to be modifying it again.

Archived