Messed up skins (again...)

I dunno how I did it, but I had everyones skin / textures working wonderfully back in December

yet now they are back to being washed out / all the same texture (i've made a topic about this before).

Everyone tells me to use BSA Redirection, but that doesn't work (yet Invalidation does).

And yes, my game is installed to Steam, so its in Program Files (x86). Though im pretty sure moving all of Steam to fix it wouldnt really...work, idk i just feel like it wouldn't.

I've installed neck seam hider things, the HGEC compatibility textures for OCO, and some other things to help it, though i'm not sure if me having MBP has anything to do with the problem (despite it working flawlessly as said above).

Edit: a picture to further explain what i mean by "washed out"

Spoiler

post-1901965-0-96235800-1505593175.jpg.c2bf0e3012b7388251b8e4b20b3309e0.jpg

Yes, having games and trying to use mods in the program files directory WILL lead to weird shit happening.  Why do you think archive invalidation via bsa redirection isn't working?  TaDa!  Proof if needed it is right there.  Do yourself a favor and move it.  It isn't hard.

Second, neck to body color variation is common.  There is an ini setting you can do to help blend this, or you can install one of the many necklace mods that help mask it.  Oblivion INI setting:  change your bFaceGenTexturing from 1 to 0 in your oblivion.ini file in your my documents folder where your saved games are.

Lastly, as to the body texture, make certain you have the right texture combined with the right body.  Most bodies are HGEC compatible, but a few meshes/textures are not and it can lead to things not matching up.

Yes your main problem is C:\Program Files (x86)

archive invalidate

Once my archive invalidate with OBMM didn't work anymore, nothing changed, no new Mods. ( And of course my game not in C ) only a new day :classic_wink: .

Now I always do it manually, a dummy bsa file in the data folder and the entry in the Oblivion ini. Archive invalidate never had a dropout again.

But first move your game out of C:\Program Files (x86)

See my yellow Link. Moving Steam and game Folder (right at the top ) and Archive invalidate.

On 1/28/2018 at 10:06 PM, gregathit said:

Yes, having games and trying to use mods in the program files directory WILL lead to weird shit happening.  Why do you think archive invalidation via bsa redirection isn't working?  TaDa!  Proof if needed it is right there.  Do yourself a favor and move it.  It isn't hard.

Second, neck to body color variation is common.  There is an ini setting you can do to help blend this, or you can install one of the many necklace mods that help mask it.  Oblivion INI setting:  change your bFaceGenTexturing from 1 to 0 in your oblivion.ini file in your my documents folder where your saved games are.

Lastly, as to the body texture, make certain you have the right texture combined with the right body.  Most bodies are HGEC compatible, but a few meshes/textures are not and it can lead to things not matching up.

Yeah the neck seam thing im not really so concerned about, as i got a necklace mod thing to cover it.

Mainly the characters that arn't working with the textures are some MBP related ones like the Inari Race. (worked before, so idk)

• 1 month later...

Archived