Help with white textures

Ive made a new mod which i will be sharing as soon as i fix a little problem.

My problem is white in skyrim is to bright and I would love to know how to fix this.

Any help would be great.

Mod "Yumina Urnea belfast"

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Yumina Urnea Belfast 5.jpg

I always hated white in skyrim as it usually always comes out blinding ass bright and I always ended up retexturing outfits to a different color. You could probably try to use gimp2 and try using the adjust brightness and contrast to adjust the brightness of the textures. (Back them up before trying). 

I have tried to a point white is now grey.. lol, i also tried turning down the lighting , and so on in nifscope.

then as you said tried different color's..

pic 2 arms and neck will be re-textured. can you suggest any other color.

Image4.jpg

For colors you can also use the colorize then the first slider is to change the color the 2nd slider changes the color brightness from bright to lighter 0 will give you grey then the last slider adjusts the brightness of the texture.

White you might also be able to use the invert color which will change it from white to black but you have to look at how it will look first as it doesn't always look that great when you do it. 

I usually just pick one color for one thing per outfit as trying to think of different combo's that'll look good would take me too long or I never liked them.

Gimp2 is free while photoshop isn't. I have photoshop but rarely use it. I mostly use gimp2 and paint-net both of which are free to use. Paint-net is kind of like photoshop.

Which is better depends on what you are using them for and if you know how to use them or not. I don't use photoshop that much so I don't know much about it.

"White" in skyrim is NOT any problem, white is "white", but most of time white is GREY....

poblivion  told the right way to go.

Open your dds-file (of the common white texture and GO SIMPLY TO GREY IT DOWN.

My latest "white-skirts are looking like that inside of GIMP

(the corset is a little "clipping in the sun-but as it is more light it´s realistic-because it has a small reflextion - all in all: GO YOUR OWN WAY!)

TAKE BOTH:

(photoshop 2 is ALSO FREE and is a good partner if you must create normal maps - quick n easy)

(gimp is my to go for color-creations and for exchanging colors-gimp has some fine functions  !!!)

this is shiningwhite.JPG

TESV 2018-01-29 17-18-32-33.jpg

TESV 2018-01-29 17-20-26-30.jpg

2 hours ago, t.ara said:

"White" in skyrim is NOT any problem, white is "white", but most of time white is GREY....

poblivion  told the right way to go.

Open your dds-file (of the common white texture and GO SIMPLY TO GREY IT DOWN.

My latest "white-skirts are looking like that inside of GIMP

(the corset is a little "clipping in the sun-but as it is more light it´s realistic-because it has a small reflextion - all in all: GO YOUR OWN WAY!)

TAKE BOTH:

(photoshop 2 is ALSO FREE and is a good partner if you must create normal maps - quick n easy)

(gimp is my to go for color-creations and for exchanging colors-gimp has some fine functions  !!!)

this is shiningwhite.JPG

TESV 2018-01-29 17-18-32-33.jpg

TESV 2018-01-29 17-20-26-30.jpg

What outfit is that?

54 minutes ago, Vortec said:

What outfit is that?

Customized rest of firekeeper-skirt(in black-white-red-blue, suiting to Luxury-suite) with an own-styled corset (I made different mesh versions with a new texture in different colors-black-white-grey - base of kozakowy´s corset-texture) .. the art of this clothing mods, is to put corset and dress/shirts together, so that you have combinations - that do not clip.

21 minutes ago, t.ara said:

Customized rest of firekeeper-skirt(in black-white-red-blue, suiting to Luxury-suite) with an own-styled corset (I made different mesh versions with a new texture in different colors-black-white-grey - base of kozakowy´s corset-texture) .. the art of this clothing mods, is to put corset and dress/shirts together, so that you have combinations - that do not clip.

Mind uploading it?

When I´m ready with my different main mods...then okay...but I´ll not ask for any permission, as this stuff is too much away from it´s origin. But for your personal shape under bodyslide, you may have to work on the meshes yourself...install and play won´t work at once...maybe I´ll put them all together in one new "supertight"- mod later...

that pic of the latex-hobbler is originally by kimi...but I changed the "cut" and then I added a backside neck- to feet - lacing-now it´s a real fun to watch it...and your character can use it normally (quite the perfect domina-outfit)....

TESV 2018-01-04 17-55-20-03.jpg

TESV 2018-01-04 17-56-16-14.jpg

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

When I´m ready with my different main mods...then okay...but I´ll not ask for any permission, as this stuff is too much away from it´s origin. But for your personal shape under bodyslide, you may have to work on the meshes yourself...install and play won´t work at once...maybe I´ll put them all together in one new "supertight"- mod later...

that pic of the latex-hobbler is originally by kimi...but I changed the "cut" and then I added a backside neck- to feet - lacing-now it´s a real fun to watch it...and your character can use it normally (quite the perfect domina-outfit)....

TESV 2018-01-04 17-55-20-03.jpg

TESV 2018-01-04 17-56-16-14.jpg

I have no problems with Bodyslide, will use Blender if need be

I've tried everything.. white is white :confused: skyrim is skyrim..... anyway I've done the original white and blue color as well as two others..

Ok, guys and gals the question is will latex or cloth be better or all 5 outfits in one mod.... have a look at the pic's

as soon as I get an answer of some sort i'll pack it and upload it.

no gloss.jpg

gloss.jpg

On 28. 1. 2018 at 10:33 PM, Nymra said:

From the perspective of a photographer.... When standing in the sun, white is always too bright. Just look at the shady parts of your picture. Everything is fine there.

Take your screens in the shadow :smile: 

Hmm i had usually different problem, in the sun, it was somewhat okish, but in the shadow, white was glowing. Lot of DEM conversions do it, and lot of nexus replacers as well.

23 hours ago, Vortec said:

I think reduce specular is in Nifskope- didn't notice a change in Nifskope when I did, Went looking in Paint.net can't seem to find it, will try Gimp.

Ive tried this too, still no luck.. well i'll keep it as is and i'll finish the mod and upload it.

pity though as it looks nice on 3ds max..

Archived