[WIP] Cum Overlays , -BETA- Facials & Body (looksmenu facials tints)

Guest O.Cobblepot

I can't see overlays when navigating from facial to facial in the list,can see them only if Facials.esp is activated,but then of course compendium lists dissapears:)

Could it be because my FO4 is one version behind? This also leaves Looksmenu and F4SE one version behind,and compendium needs newest Looksmenu.

EDIT:Updated the game,still no luck,damn..:D Will try my luck sometime later
Anyway,thanks man;)

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing work, it is mods like this and of course the main framework I am waiting on before I start another play through of FO4. Looking forward to this being able to be auto applied from sex from any mod and then stay until it is washed or wiped off.

Just as a note I have not read the whole thread so if any of that stuff is already true great, mostly just wanted to make a post saying amazing work and good job. Look forward to using it.

Thanks.

Returns are rare... (less than 1%) therefore i suppose it is perfect :tongue:.

Overlays auto applying is planned for AAF framework. Maybe in future my overlays will be applied after animations (located / piled)

Actor Effects
This will add the ability to apply various LooksMenu effects (body morphs and overlays) to actors per animation or stats. For example, a sweat effect might be added as an overlay during combat.

I

Unfortunately it doesn’t work for me. The patch for Customization Compendium worked and the options show up in game but not on my character. Even when I tried using the facials.esp without Customization Compendium it didn’t work. I’m using the newest version of the game and Looksmenu could that be the problem?

I'll make a new try, i don't remember if i tried it with last f4se.

Have you un-activated the original compendium and activated the "compendium-patched" esp?

Not showing in game can happens sometime, exit slm menu and reopen it (slmplayer 1 in console command)

Note: it edits humanrace, your PC must be human.

Here's how I got it to work.

I used the patcher like instructed. Then deleted the word patched from the patched esp name and activated it only.

Then, I opened Facials.ba2 with BAE and extracted the textures and put it in data folder. When you have the menu but nothing appears on your face then it means the textures are not loading from the ba2 archive. Best solution is to unpack it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 5:58 AM, panfapper said:

I can't get the facials to work as of the latest Fallout 4 patch.  

I didn't use them for a while... Game version  / looksmenu / f4se must match...

On 5/1/2018 at 3:51 PM, SpinX said:

Here's how I got it to work.

I used the patcher like instructed. Then deleted the word patched from the patched esp name and activated it only.

Then, I opened Facials.ba2 with BAE and extracted the textures and put it in data folder. When you have the menu but nothing appears on your face then it means the textures are not loading from the ba2 archive. Best solution is to unpack it.

Thanks. I'll add this in my first post...

On 5/30/2018 at 4:19 AM, Polistiro said:

I didn't use them for a while... Game version  / looksmenu / f4se must match...

Thanks. I'll add this in my first post...

I had already updated all of my mods.

7 minutes ago, panfapper said:

Yes. They still just refuse to show up.

Others options like make-up working? I just saw in a rapid search that make f4se_launcher and fallout.exe running in administrator solve the problem for him (right clic on executable / compatibility / tick run as adminitrator)

Vanilla body or custom race? Did you tried on a NPC?

On 6/6/2018 at 11:44 AM, panfapper said:

It still refuses to work.

A known issue is that mods with some empty esp can be unactivated. It's the case of looksmenu.

Yesterday i encounter this problem, looksmenu menus not shown.

The workaround for this is to extract looksmenu ba2 file content (keeping the same path)

for me, mod organizer looksmenu files are located in "Program Files/ModOrganizer/mods/LooksMenu/" folder

Extract "looksmenu-main.ba2" with BAE (bethesda archive extractor from nexus) in a temporary folder of your choice (ie desktop/temp/).

Copy / paste these folders in "Program Files/ModOrganizer/mods/LooksMenu/"

In Program Files/ModOrganizer/mods/LooksMenu i had: (Extracted files / folders are in blue)

/Looksmenu.esp

/LooksMenu - Main.ba2

/meta.ini

/F4SE/Plugins/F4ee.dll

/F4SE/Plugins/F4ee.ini

/Interface/Looksmenu.swf

/Interface/Translations/LooksMenu_en.txt

/scripts/BodyGen.pex

/scripts/Overlays.pex

/scripts/source/...

On 4/22/2018 at 2:31 AM, Polistiro said:

Overlays auto applying is planned for AAF framework. Maybe in future my overlays will be applied after animations (located / piled)

Will add support for this soon.

How good is performance of applying multiple at once?

I was thinking about a variation of this where instead of applying one big one for an area you have a lot of small ones. Then each application from AAF applies maybe 5 random ones to the same area. That way, it looks different every time.

3 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Will add support for this soon.

COOL !

I never noticed performance issue even with all overlays applied at the same time. But i only tested it in sanctuary at the game beginning.

I think the problem here can be looksmenu installation with some mod organizer : ba2 file need sometimes to be extracted like ba2 included in this mod but we don't know what occurring this issue. But i don't have enough report.

If needed i can remake this mod to match with "aaf instructions"  I don't know how you planned to handle overlays, maybe with "action" tags like equipment? ( oral action > facial overlay etc...) . Random in list or folder ... There is 2 versions , facial and body overlays

For these overlays i think it's important that they stay timed and disappears by themselves.

7 hours ago, Polistiro said:

COOL !

I never noticed performance issue even with all overlays applied at the same time. But i only tested it in sanctuary at the game beginning.

I wouldn't expect an issue after they are applied because I think it is turning the combined look into one graphic. So, it should perform the same as regular game graphic.

But, applying them to make that graphic the first time might have a cost. Not sure yet.

I think the problem here can be looksmenu installation with some mod organizer : ba2 file need sometimes to be extracted like ba2 included in this mod but we don't know what occurring this issue. But i don't have enough report.

At some point we just have to assume that users will figure out on their own how to get basic requirements working.

If needed i can remake this mod to match with "aaf instructions"  I don't know how you planned to handle overlays, maybe with "action" tags like equipment? ( oral action > facial overlay etc...) . Random in list or folder ... There is 2 versions , facial and body overlays

Like equipment, I think overlays need many options for how to apply. So, it will probably allow a "startOverlaySet" and "stopOverlaySet", an "overlay" value setting like morph and also in actions as you describe.

For these overlays i think it's important that they stay timed and disappears by themselves.

Yes. My intention is to show for characters a list of overlay effects in their profile. And these disappear after XML defined amount of time.

It should accommodate a lot of things, including adding tan (tanlines), blushing, tattoos, wear and tear, make-up, dirt, scratches, evidence of drug use, etc.

I'm a little unclear on what the conflict is with the compendium. Why does that cause a need for a patch?