What are your "go to" settlement building mods?

Lodakai

Can any of you FO4 veterans with a lot of modding trial and error help me out?

I'm just picking up FO4 again for a bit and I was wondering what everyones go to settlement parts mod is nowadays?

I need something with a good range of supplies to use without overloading my game handling of the settlement objects.

currently i am using:

-Sim Settlements

-Scrap everything (to clean up unwanted clutter)

-settlement Objects Expansion

-Easy homebuilder

-not your average neon

-build your own pool 

-Exotic Lights

I want to make sure everything plays nice with these, and does not have poor navmesh setups.  I am mostly interested in building a main complex at starlight while keeping the screen and main tower intact.  I want good snap setups because I prefer not to use move anywhere hacks (unless you veterans really recommend it or something) 

What are your staple building tools? 

I used to use Quince99's Settlement and Area Renovations (but the mod author pulled all of them a couple of months back because he/she was sick and could trouble shoot peoples issues).

Everything you listed intially plus:

Easy Homebuilder ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17521 )

Transfer Settlements ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22442 )

Note for TS you will need the mods that other use to build there settlements (there is a long list over on the nexus of different settlements builds for TS)...

Modular Kitchen ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/search/ )

Craftable Working Showers, Sinks, etc ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14326 )

The Fridge ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13296 ) - for cold beer and nuka's...

Renovated Furniture ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9463 ) - For multiple colors of those chairs, couches, etc....

That should get you started....

I haven't tried RSE out (if you mean RSE from this site) with HotC yet.  Though HotC doesn't yet have any actual sex in it - I suppose they would work fine together.  The sex in HotC is a fade to black screen, some sexy noises, and you wake up with a temporary perk a bit later.

I have permission from HotC's author to patch it to actually work with Four-Play, but have yet to tackle the project.

Build Your Own Pool - Cause it works great for making fountains as well as pools.

Buildable Burning Campfires and Fireplaces - Cause cozy.

Crafting Fury 9000 GTX - Cause pre-filled shelves and armor stands work great for vendor shops.

CREAtive Clutter - Cause I love clutter!

Crimsomrider's Unique Furniture - Interactive Furniture.

CWSS Redux v2 - Working showers, baths, toilets, sinks, etc.

Do It Yourshelf - Clutter! But Clutter I can set up myself.

Easy Homebuilder and Working Double Beds - Double Beds. Adult and Kids. Nuff said.

Femshepping's Minimalist Homewares - More pre-made clutter objects (sensing a pattern here?).

Gruffydd's Signs and Posters & Gruffydd's Signs of the Times - Great for store/settlement signs.

Homemaker - Just a staple of settlement building. Lots of great objects.

Immersive Vendors - Better looking vendor stalls that are empty when no one is there, and full when someone is.

Just some Curtains & Rugs - Curtains and Rugs. Yep.

Modular Kitchen - Build your own kitchen and..... it comes with kitchen clutter (fun fact, Do it Yourshelf snaps to the kitchen stuff too).

NWM Playing House - More pre-built clutter objects.

Renovated Decorations & Furniture - More curtains, rugs, and just furniture variety.

Singing Settler - Your own personal Magnolia in your settlement!

Snap n' Build - Still love using this mainly for Greenhouses.

Snappy HouseKits & DLC - Easy houses pre built for you and tons of house building stuff.

Plus a bunch of other clutter mods and small things. I don't use Sim Settlements as I really enjoy making my own settlements the way I want them, and was never a fan of the "shanty" town look that basic vanilla gives you. Like BringtheNoise, I also used to use Quince99's restorations, but was sad to see them all gone when I came back to Fallout 4. There is the Rebuilt Series which is good though and cleans up some settlements, though I don't like the windows that it comes with cause it screws up ALL windows in the game (windows you shouldn't be allowed to see through like in Goodneighbor that ends up making you see the void).

Otherwise, those are most of my main settlement mods to help make settlements nicer. Helps to also have stuff like Place Everywhere to avoid the red, and Increased Build Limit Enhanced to bypass the limit of stuff you can put down. Hope that helps!

My settlement building list ain't too big right now since i'm mainly stealthing about killing things and modding the game. Other than some mods already stated by others above, i also use Conquest - Build Settlements Anywhere by Chesko so i can camp outside. It also lets you build settlements anywhere in the world (other than near cities).

Another mod which i find as a permanent addition to my load order is Repaired Sanctuary Roofs which makes the roofs of sanctuary buildings a lot more pleasing to look at. It doesn't fix collision on the ruined/un-enterable houses though so if you walk on those roofs, your feet will clip through and what not which isn't that big a deal.

On 1/25/2018 at 6:31 AM, Lodakai said:

Can any of you FO4 veterans with a lot of modding trial and error help me out?

I'm just picking up FO4 again for a bit and I was wondering what everyones go to settlement parts mod is nowadays?

I need something with a good range of supplies to use without overloading my game handling of the settlement objects.

currently i am using:

-Sim Settlements

-Scrap everything (to clean up unwanted clutter)

-settlement Objects Expansion

-Easy homebuilder

-not your average neon

-build your own pool 

-Exotic Lights

I want to make sure everything plays nice with these, and does not have poor navmesh setups.  I am mostly interested in building a main complex at starlight while keeping the screen and main tower intact.  I want good snap setups because I prefer not to use move anywhere hacks (unless you veterans really recommend it or something) 

What are your staple building tools? 

Try G2M workshop

The Master Plan has a ton of great mods for it. its definitely worth the install

There also decoration furniture expansion pack (DFEP) but its only on bethesda.net

On 1/25/2018 at 8:46 PM, AWP3RATOR said:

I haven't tried RSE out (if you mean RSE from this site) with HotC yet.  Though HotC doesn't yet have any actual sex in it - I suppose they would work fine together.  The sex in HotC is a fade to black screen, some sexy noises, and you wake up with a temporary perk a bit later.

I have permission from HotC's author to patch it to actually work with Four-Play, but have yet to tackle the project.

That's good news!   Look forward to it, whenever it interests you to do so =)

6 hours ago, SnakeEyes111 said:

Try G2M workshop

The Master Plan has a ton of great mods for it. its definitely worth the install

There also decoration furniture expansion pack (DFEP) but its only on bethesda.net

FAHHH after 5 days of pulling my hair out...  (Crashing 50% of the time whenever loading the build menu)  I discovered my problem.   F'ing superfetch was eating up all my HDD usage.  Turned it off, now I can load more settlement mods!   So thank you for your suggestions!   =)

Now i really want to try that Crimsonrider unique furniture mod that SpyderArachnid suggested, but I dont have all the dlc's   =/

It's always something!!  WAAAAARGH!

6 hours ago, oblivionwithdongs said:

Transfer settlements... that's it lol. Can't stand the building in this game, would be nice if someone modded a sims-like interface for building.

https://rd.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/43734402?tab=user+files has the best settlements IMO, all vanilla and all very cool.

I agree with this.  Transfer settlements is fantastic.  Find a settlement layout you like, install, and boom - you're 100% built in record time. 

For a bit slower approach, the Sim Settlements Rise of the Commonwealth add-on ultimately does the same job, but without the transfer settlements hard outside dependencies on the mods used to create said settlement blueprints.  RoTC uses a layout blueprint system, but the settlers build their own settlement based on that blueprint.  You get a lot of variation in terms of what they build each time it happens - all pulling from Sim Settlements assets and addons.  It's a really novel approach to settlement building.

I actually like the building part =)    Heck most of the time, I'm spending my time in the town arranging stuff.

Yea... I love sim settlements I might get ROTC just to automate the areas that I don't really pay much attention to.   I am assuming you can control whether or not a sim does the job for you, is that right?  Because, I prefer to do starlight area completely on my own.

In point of fact, Starlight is not yet supported by RoTC. :smile:

But to your concern, yes - the RoTC automated building is completely voluntary.  You can access that with an updated city planners terminal.  Access the blueprint on the desk after adding it to your settlement.  Then you can assign a city manager (one of your companions) to "manage" the city.  Each companion offers the city different perks, like better defense, better agricultural stats, better trading, etc.  The "manager" can come with you on your travels and does not need to stay in the city - but they will be moved there if somewhere else.  

Once you have built the manager's desk and assigned a manager, you need to select a blueprint for the city from a list for that settlement - they are all each customized to the location.  After that, a build cinematic will play, and the base layer is created.  From the base layer, the npcs will upgrade up to 3 levels - based similarly to how individual plots build up over time.

You are free to make any changes once the base layer is complete, they will not be overwritten or removed.  Most items you HAVE placed before you opt for the automated build will be removed from the city.  Contents of containers will not be lost - they end up in the workbench for that settlement.

It's a very involved mod add-on, tons of options to customize to build as much or as little as you want.  Kinggath has a good series of videos on the Sim Settlements and RoTC pages highlighting the features.  I was skeptical too until I watched them.  

Archived