View File

Summary

This is a leightweight vampirism mod which is based on arousal instead of game time. Your powers grow weaker or more powerful depending on how aroused you are.

• Low arousal means stonger powers; when highly aroused, your powers are useless.
  • As an additional weakness, standard healing magic and potions will not work on you, you will have to use your Vampiric Drain power or feed on someone to heal up. The catch is that this will increase your arousal. Health regeneration is also disabled.

Besides this, the mod remains relatively simple and only makes a few changes to the vanilla powers. It features an MCM that provides a few options, including one that makes you a vampire.

Details

Powers:

Vampiric Drain

• Moved to Restoration school
  • Skill experience when using it
  • Ineffective on undead
  • Base damage/healing 10, increased by 5 by the Apprentice, Adept, Expert and Master perks of the Restoration tree
  • Novice perk will reduce casting cost

Vampire’s Servant

• Changed to a Conjuration spell with a magicka cost and casting time
  • Duration 120 seconds
  • Base maximum Level of 10, increased by 10 by the Apprentice, Adept, Expert and Master perks of the Conjuration tree
  • Novice perk will reduce casting cost

Other powers were left untouched.

Effects of Arousal:

0 to 19 = no effects, Embrace of Shadows and Vampire’s Seduction available

20 to 49 = powers are 20% weaker, Vampire’s Seduction available

50 to 69 = powers are 50% weaker, spell cost +25%;

70 to 89 = powers are 80% weaker

90+ = powers are 100% weaker, incoming damage +20%

These debuffs can be turned off in the MCM (Requires 1.1)

Custom Races:

Any custom race based on Race Compatibility should be compatible. Custom races not based on Race Compatibility are only compatible if Cosmetic Mode is on. (Requires 1.1)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/25/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dawnguard, Sexlab, Sexlab Aroused (Redux)
  • Special Edition Compatible

Hey great mod i find the mechanics really interesting

too bad i dont play a vampire but still i find it cool idea.

A side mod for the non-vampire with a curse or something that limits the player with the same arousal mechanics would be real fun

Still i downloaded it anyway if i play vampire i will surely add this mod

Suggestion: This belongs in the Sexlab section with Sexlab aroused, as Sexlab Aroused is part of Sexlab, not a non-sexlab adult mod, and Sexlab Aroused uses Sexlab animations to make arousal reset.

Request: May we have an MCM option to disable not being affected by normal healing spells? I use magic overhauls and being able to cast the other healing spells is important for leveling up my restoration school. I really really like the "you're really vulnerable when horny" effect this mod offers, because it ties wonderfully into mods like Sexlab Defeat.
Ie, control your arousal or it makes you push-over rape-candy, and the first enemy you meet will be 'tending' to that arousal after they win.

Sounds wonderful in concept, though!

Second Request: Can you add an MCM option to disable sun damage/visual effects? X_X It can be off by default, but the sun damage hoo-hah is the reason I won't play a vampire without some kind of vampire overhaul like Better Vampires. It doesn't hurt Serana, after all!

Thank you for your hard work. c:

Such a simple, yet wonderful idea for a mod! I can't believe this hasn't been done before!

I assume this mod is intended to be used with vanilla vampirism (though as above, I'd be curious to know if it's been tested with Better Vampires), so how does the power mechanic tie in with the default one? Does a vampire's power change at all based on how long it's been since they've fed? In the vanilla game, a vampire gains more abilities the longer they've gone without feeding, but of course are more vulnerable and eventually considered hostile. Then you feed and lose everything, but are safe. I kinda hate it, which is why I've always used Better Vampires.

So does this mod completely remove the need for feeding other than to heal, or are there still penalties for not feeding?

Great mod concept, though I do have a few suggestions. Like tuxagent7 says having a curse or status effect so that non vampires could play would allow more people to enjoy the mod. Maybe have a boost to health, magicka, and stamina that degrades with arousal, and can only be regained via sex.

If you want to make it all based on a drain spell , I would suggest making a new spell specific for this mod, that way its more compatible with magic overhauls.

The last thing I suggest is instead of having the drain get stronger based on perks (that most overhauls change) have it get stronger based on the skill amount instead. Maybe it could be tied to the sexlab stats themselves, like vaginal/ anal proficiency and the like?

2 hours ago, Fish_Hook said:

Great mod concept, though I do have a few suggestions. Like tuxagent7 says having a curse or status effect so that non vampires could play would allow more people to enjoy the mod. Maybe have a boost to health, magicka, and stamina that degrades with arousal, and can only be regained via sex.

I like this as well, it's sexy. <3

Sorry, I didn't notice you posted here, I thought I was following.

On 25.1.2018 at 10:15 PM, Kevain said:

is this compatible with mods like sacrosanct and better vampires?

No, it will conflict with any other vamprisim mod. This is a stand-alone vampirism mod.

On 26.1.2018 at 1:37 AM, Ashra XIII said:

Such a simple, yet wonderful idea for a mod! I can't believe this hasn't been done before!

I assume this mod is intended to be used with vanilla vampirism (though as above, I'd be curious to know if it's been tested with Better Vampires), so how does the power mechanic tie in with the default one? Does a vampire's power change at all based on how long it's been since they've fed? In the vanilla game, a vampire gains more abilities the longer they've gone without feeding, but of course are more vulnerable and eventually considered hostile. Then you feed and lose everything, but are safe. I kinda hate it, which is why I've always used Better Vampires.

So does this mod completely remove the need for feeding other than to heal, or are there still penalties for not feeding?

I always disliked vanilla vampirism as well. Time spent not feeding has no effect and there are no penalties for not feeding. 

On 25.1.2018 at 11:35 PM, Yuni said:

Suggestion: This belongs in the Sexlab section with Sexlab aroused, as Sexlab Aroused is part of Sexlab, not a non-sexlab adult mod, and Sexlab Aroused uses Sexlab animations to make arousal reset.

Request: May we have an MCM option to disable not being affected by normal healing spells? I use magic overhauls and being able to cast the other healing spells is important for leveling up my restoration school. I really really like the "you're really vulnerable when horny" effect this mod offers, because it ties wonderfully into mods like Sexlab Defeat.
Ie, control your arousal or it makes you push-over rape-candy, and the first enemy you meet will be 'tending' to that arousal after they win.

Sounds wonderful in concept, though!

Second Request: Can you add an MCM option to disable sun damage/visual effects? X_X It can be off by default, but the sun damage hoo-hah is the reason I won't play a vampire without some kind of vampire overhaul like Better Vampires. It doesn't hurt Serana, after all!

Thank you for your hard work. c:

Okay, I figured it does not belong there since it doesn't use Sexlab to start sex scenes. Maybe I will contact a Mod.

Not sure if I get you right, are you actually damaged in sunlight or do you just see the visual effect? That would be a bug, you aren't supposed to take damage and I didn't during my test. Otherwise, your requests are reasonable.

On 26.1.2018 at 4:21 AM, Fish_Hook said:

If you want to make it all based on a drain spell , I would suggest making a new spell specific for this mod, that way its more compatible with magic overhauls.

The last thing I suggest is instead of having the drain get stronger based on perks (that most overhauls change) have it get stronger based on the skill amount instead. Maybe it could be tied to the sexlab stats themselves, like vaginal/ anal proficiency and the like?

The curse thing for non vampires would probably be best in a seperate mod. There could be all kinds of options what would be affected, from spells, lockpicking, speech checks, you name it. I don't use magic overhauls, so I don't know in how far these will conflict. If they remove perks that would indeed be unfortunate. I could add an option to increase the damage based on skill level, about the Sexlab stats I'm not so sure, I find them rather arbitrary.

I'm happy you guys are enjoying the mod.

7 hours ago, Teutonic said:

The curse thing for non vampires would probably be best in a seperate mod. There could be all kinds of options what would be affected, from spells, lockpicking, speech checks, you name it. I don't use magic overhauls, so I don't know in how far these will conflict.

Yes please :smile:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, random11714 said:

Is this compatible when your PC is already a vampire before installing?

I constantly get messages in the top left saying "you can now feed again"

Unfortunately, no. It would be best to revert to an earlier save, cure vampirism, then install this and become a vampire again.

• 3 months later...

Awesome mod. This effectively turns vampires into succubuses. I always wanted a simple succubus mod focusing on sexlab. I haven't tried this but can you make it more customizable.

Like being able to change arousal effects and/or levels. Heal effects working, not working or weaker. Disabling  vampire feeding so you can only feed succubus style. Option for extracting Blood/Semen potions. Option to edit vampiric drain strength. Enabling/disabling necromage effect. etc.

I don't even know if some of these are possible or not.

And again one of the best ideas for a mod.

10 hours ago, sargtlin said:

Awesome mod. This effectively turns vampires into succubuses. I always wanted a simple succubus mod focusing on sexlab. I haven't tried this but can you make it more customizable.

Like being able to change arousal effects and/or levels. Heal effects working, not working or weaker. Disabling  vampire feeding so you can only feed succubus style. Option for extracting Blood/Semen potions. Option to edit vampiric drain strength. Enabling/disabling necromage effect. etc.

I don't even know if some of these are possible or not.

And again one of the best ideas for a mod.

I am glad you like it. All of what you are requesting is possible, and most of it is rather simple, but I will not pay much attention to this in favor of Sexlab Adventures, so don't count on it. I will have to see how much time I can spare.

• 4 months later...

I love the idea behind the mod but have run into a rather awkward problem.  I can't actually feed as a vampire for some reason.  I've tried contracting vampirism from regular vampires, the become a vampire option in the menu, and multiple alternate start options in Live another Life and all seem to be broken.

I did check to make sure I have no other mods that affect vampirism.  I've also checked to make sure I have no other loose files from other vampire mods.  Short of uninstalling and completely reinstalling everything is there anything else I can try?

Edit: I found a working solution.  Apparently its related to a vanilla bug for vampirism that's been around forever.  Basically the fix was to use a console command "player.setrace (character race)racevampire and that fixed it up with no more issues.  Looking forward to giving this a full spin now.