• 2 weeks later...

Hmm,

Well after a huge mess with trying to update my skyrim and CK to the newest version, I finally tested that skeleton you guys linked me. The one by xp32 I believe.

With simply plopping it into my install folders, it didn't seem to fix the issue of the neck or hands being elongated.

Also if I was to say use that skeleton as a base for the entire body..it wouldn't come out the same.

I knew the problem all along, was because the entire vampire lord was broken into pieces instead of being one piece.

The reason I did it this way, was to retain the characters face gen. Otherwise, the face would look like the base head mesh lol.

I've tried to figure out how to apply face gen to a head mesh, to make my own separate head (as in wrap the face texture to the head, with it shaped a certain way..looking like a good looking character). Though, I could never figure it out or get it to look right.

Another thought would be to perhaps make the entire body without the head; one piece.

I'm for sure no expert when it comes to playing with skeletons. I tried my hand at animations to no real avail.

Regardless, I'm still around and if anyone has: any ideas, wants to help, or has questions. Please let me know.

This mod has been the most promising out of the two that I've found that makes vampire lords less... hideous. the other being this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25321

the only drawbacks is that your mod has a better skeleton but the other has the body shape stay the same as before transformation as well as wing movement. any chance you could try to implement some of these features into your mod?

On a more-likely-to-happen note, any chance of changing the outfit to be like the vanilla one (probably the only thing I liked about the vanilla Vamp Lord design)?

This mod has been the most promising out of the two that I've found that makes vampire lords less... hideous. the other being this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25321

the only drawbacks is that your mod has a better skeleton but the other has the body shape stay the same as before transformation as well as wing movement. any chance you could try to implement some of these features into your mod?

On a more-likely-to-happen note' date=' any chance of changing the outfit to be like the vanilla one (probably the only thing I liked about the vanilla Vamp Lord design)?

[/quote']

copy/paste your prefered body/cloth mesh (rename the outfit at the same!) in to the Vamplord mesh folder thats it.

Example:

xya28k4r.jpg

@Telhelki - Stays in the same shape?

According to all the screen shots I saw of the mod you linked, the neck and hands are still deformed. If you look closely the neck and hands are slightly elongated.

This is because the original non vampire lord female skeleton is using vampire lord animations.

I don't have the skills to take the female skeleton, and reanimate it with all the vampire lord animations (which is like several hundred).

If anyone wants to try there hand at doing so, be my guest :D

The body I use for this mod as a base is ADEC. As many posts on here mention, its very easy to swap it out simply by replacing the body with the one you want.

This works obviously for both the character when they are a non vampire lord, and when they transform.

If you need more detailed instructions on how to do it, let me know.

I believe Jancicc was working on making the vampire lord armor, wearable on a regular body (think it was UNP style). Though I'm not sure if the project was trashed or not.

As for the wings being animated, Jimhsu was kind enough to do so.

For the direct link to the wings, go here:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=11425&pid=249217#pid249217

aka page 15 of this thread.

I believe you need the original here:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6879

So install that first, then override the files with the one from page 15.

I can't recall if I included it with the last release I did.

I plan to eventual get around to updating this, and some how fixing the issue pointed out about Lord Harkon.

This project was kind of just me releasing and sharing what I used personally for my own vampire lord.

I tried to make it pretty open in regards to what body/face/eyes and armor you wish to use. Its just a matter of knowing how to do it.

If you don't use the CK, its not as easy to change it though.

I've been able to get a Vampire Lord working without any neck / hand stretching, using hand picked animations, however, you lose the ability to have the wings animated, since that is a default Vampire Lord animation and it had to be replaced. I didn't make any of the animations used, since I well don't know how :P, I just picked from already available ones that seemed to fit. I will be uploading a video sometime tomorrow. I will come back and edit this post with a link. It will be part of my Celestial Race as a Vampire Lord Replacer Addon.

@Shadydow - Yeah, I was in the very beginning attempting to do the very same thing. My biggest issue was getting the flight/ground mode to be functional. Without having that, you mine as well be playing a regular vampire ;p

@aerowx - Reason for the missing texture, is due to the fact you didn't replace the body being used. The body I included in the mod is ADEC body style. So if you are using cbbe,chsbhc,unp,lady or any other body mod...the texture will have that glitch.

Simply replace the body in the mesh folder, with whatever default you prefer.

@Shadydow - Yeah' date=' I was in the very beginning attempting to do the very same thing. My biggest issue was getting the flight/ground mode to be functional. Without having that, you mine as well be playing a regular vampire ;p

[/quote']

Do you mean animated wings? I've been able to get mine to hover over the ground when you hit "flight", but again the wings are not animated. I've been able to get animated wings to play by adding new nodes to xp32's skeleton, but this type of animation will play even if your on the ground, since the whole wings flapping is part of the nif while vampire lord's wings flapping is the .nif and the animation. Now if someone skilled in animations would like, all I would need is ONE animation ( levitate_sprint.hkx ) to have the added wings motion of the original to the one I picked OR may Jimhsu could add his awesome animated wings to the animation, and then it would work. Every other animation is fully replacable with any other custom/vanilla animation the player would want ( for the most part ). My video is uploading now but it will be about 3 hours.

*EDIT* P.S :Since I do not have 3dMax, do you have any idea what mt_AttackCombatHandBlend actually DOES? I could not figure it out and in my testing I didn't see any morphing from having not replaced it, but I would still like to know.

*EDIT 2* Well ok here is the video, but now after some play testing I have hit a big snag. Funny enough magic works, but melee combat isin't doing anything... the animation plays but nothing happens. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the behavior files somewhere, I just haven't been able to figure out where.

Set Video to 720HD

[video=youtube]

*EDIT 3* After some more poking around it would seem as though certain races ( so far werewolf, Vampirelord, Hagraven and spriggan ) all have unarmed that does not fall under humanoid unarmed attacks as far as the HKX files goes. It seems to be set to 0 instead of 12. Anyone know a way to modify the hkx of an attack to change what type it uses ( without 3DMax )? Its how it seems I can get magic to work, as the magic animations I picked are using the same type of magic the Vampire HKX is using. So far no humanoid unarmed attacks however use a Beast unarmed type ( not even Kajit Beast unarmed attacks! ) and using any beast ones of course morphs the skeleton since its a diffrent skeleton HKX it wants to use.

@Shaydow - First off my apologies for answering this so late. I been at work all day, and don't have the ability to check this site from work.

I must say, you've done very well!

In fact you've achieved what I was unable to achieve. I thought about trying to swap out custom animations with the default vampire lord behavior still intact.

I really would like to know how you were able to do this.

I tried my hand at redoing the vampire lord animations with a different mesh using them. It didn't work out so well, and most of the time it was very buggy.

If you look at my very first post on this thread, I have a video of my character not flying at all. She's looks as though she still is not a vampire lord, but she did in fact transform.

This was due to the fact I changed the behavior file in the CK to the femalebehavior.hkx. Any other combinations i tried with behaviors didn't seem to work out very well.

So finally I just replaced the vampire lord armor, and skeleton with the female one. Though I left the vampirelord default behavior file alone. This allowed the character to retain the vampire lord animations, while having a custom look.

The biggest problem was the behavior file caused the body to deform. Specifically the neck and hands would elongate. From what I could tell in your vid, this was not the case.

As for wings, I haven't found a solution for that either. Considering the original vampire lord wings were like boney flesh poles...its hard to take that and make it into actual wings lol.

I was also tryin xp32's skeleton to see what I could get out of it, but still unable to get the effect I wanted.

Once again, great job on getting as far as you did with the vampire lord. I'm sure everyone on here would appreciate some insight into how you did it.

@Shaydow - First off my apologies for answering this so late. I been at work all day' date=' and don't have the ability to check this site from work.

I must say, you've done very well!

In fact you've achieved what I was unable to achieve. I thought about trying to swap out custom animations with the default vampire lord behavior still intact.

I really would like to know how you were able to do this.

I tried my hand at redoing the vampire lord animations with a different mesh using them. It didn't work out so well, and most of the time it was very buggy.

If you look at my very first post on this thread, I have a video of my character not flying at all. She's looks as though she still is not a vampire lord, but she did in fact transform.

This was due to the fact I changed the behavior file in the CK to the femalebehavior.hkx. Any other combinations i tried with behaviors didn't seem to work out very well.

So finally I just replaced the vampire lord armor, and skeleton with the female one. Though I left the vampirelord default behavior file alone. This allowed the character to retain the vampire lord animations, while having a custom look.

The biggest problem was the behavior file caused the body to deform. Specifically the neck and hands would elongate. From what I could tell in your vid, this was not the case.

As for wings, I haven't found a solution for that either. Considering the original vampire lord wings were like boney flesh poles...its hard to take that and make it into actual wings lol.

I was also tryin xp32's skeleton to see what I could get out of it, but still unable to get the effect I wanted.

Once again, great job on getting as far as you did with the vampire lord. I'm sure everyone on here would appreciate some insight into how you did it.

[/quote']

First, no worries about response time. Real life should always come before a hobby. I just check every once in a while to see if I got a response.

Second, ya you have to use the vampirelord.hkx behavior otherwise as you said, you might as well just be playing a normal character, since it breaks magic. The steps I took to get as far as I did was :

-Install xp32's Skeleton to default actors\character\character assests.

-Install FNIS

-Install any of the animations you will want to use in vampire lord to default actor\character\animations

-make any modifications you need/want to to xp32's skeleton

-patch using FNIS, make sure to use the version that patches xp32's skeleton

-take default actors\character\character assests\ skeleton.nif AND skeleton.hkx and copy/move them to actors\vampirelord\character assests

-now meticulously go through and replace each of the vanilla vampirelord animations with the ones you picked from before. EX: I picked the pretty female idle for hovering, copied it, renamed copy to levatate_start.hkx, and dropped it in actors\vampirelord\animations

-EVERY animation must be replaced

With skeleton.hkx ( the behavior ) you remove the deformation and can use any normal human type animation, however vanilla Vampire Lord animations will cause morphing.

Without skeleton.hkx ( but both still with skeleton.nif ) you have the stretched neck/hands etc, but all vanilla vampire lord animations play and work proper without morphing.

Now the only problem I have run into in making the entire thing work like a charm is, one type of combat breaks. If I replace actors\vampirelord\vampirelord.hkx with the female behavior, then magic breaks ( as you already stated you know as you tried it as well ). Using Vampirelord.hkx behavior with any human type magic animation works, as the animations both share the same type of flag for the type ( magic ), BUT, my big snag is, that beast races ( like vampirelord, werewolf,, spriggan, hagraven, etc ) seem to have their own flag in the animations for unarmed damage. They don't share the same unarmed damage flag as human types do. So while you can replace the animation of vampirelord say attackleft with a kajit unarmed attack animation, and it PLAYS, it doesn't actually DO anything ( the attack does no damage, it just acts like it is playing an idle ).

I spent a good amount of time yesterday trying everything I could to get around this with the tools and knowledge I have, but I ended up being limited. I need someone who either knows how to set whatever flag it is in an animation to take the new animation replacer and change them to work with vampirelord.hkx behavior, since I know NOTHING of making animations ( nothing ), OR I need someone with more knowledge/tools then me to help me modify the vampirelord.hkx behavior to except human unarmed attacks, or hell any type of other attack ( you can't even equip them with swords even if you flag it in the Creation Kit, as the vampirelord behavior does not seem to allow it ) then I could just say create invisible swords/whatever workaround in the CK.

I tried using Joshs Skyrim Behavior file patcher, but the program does not seem stable, or I am using it wrong. I can only get it to load loose files once in a blue moon ( no idea why ), I was able to export the vampirelord.hkx behavior to XML, and made some changes I had hoped would work, but I can't get Joshs patcher to convert the XML back to an HKX ( also no idea why ).

I want to use the same body as my player character' date=' with the vanilla vampire lord clothing (the golden bra and thong thing), is this possible?

[/quote']

That depends on the body.

Vanilla Vampire Lord clothing is not slider support, since there are no different breast sizes for the Vanilla Vampire Lord Model ( or body sizes for men Vampire Lord either). Depending on the bust or overall chest/body size of the body you would want to use, you may run into clipping issues.

These could be fixed of course, with some time and working knowledge of Blender / 3dMax.

An easier alternative is to find a body style you LIKE that will also conform to the size of the vanilla armor. You could try your hand at using body slide, and with some trial and error, get a body you can live with that won't cause clipping.

I see. I will just use the body from this mod then.

What files is this mod using for the vampirelord body and face mesh? Everything is displaying correctly like in the screenshots except the face in my game. In my game the face is very thin and long, and has that ugly sunken cheeks effect...

The wings, for the male version at least, make it just about impossible to see what I'm doing during a fight, especially in an interior location. Is there any chance there could be a resized/no wings version sometime in the future, or is there a way I can do that myself without too much editing?

Edit: The solution was surprisingly simple. To get rid of the wings, I just deleted the two .nif files in meshes\armor\stormwing

Could anyone make a version of this for the Monli race? It's kinda weird being made like' date=' 2x the size you normally are, but keeping the same head..

[/quote']

I have actually spent quite a few hours trying to accomplish this. I've mostly tried switching around the mesh files, but I did eventually manage to get the CBBE body shape correct. The problem I'm still having is that it's still freakishly tall and the skin turns into this horrible burned flesh texture (the texture dawnguard uses for your skin while you transform).

I'm willing to put more work into this, but I get the feeling I need to do something in the creation kit, so I'm a little bit stumped.

Could anyone make a version of this for the Monli race? It's kinda weird being made like' date=' 2x the size you normally are, but keeping the same head..

[/quote']

I have actually spent quite a few hours trying to accomplish this. I've mostly tried switching around the mesh files, but I did eventually manage to get the CBBE body shape correct. The problem I'm still having is that it's still freakishly tall and the skin turns into this horrible burned flesh texture (the texture dawnguard uses for your skin while you transform).

I'm willing to put more work into this, but I get the feeling I need to do something in the creation kit, so I'm a little bit stumped.

Ah, I wouldn't know, I'm hopeless at modding, best of luck to you though!