Oh boy, it's still going on?  Enough with the kink policing, already.  Damn.

Okay, how about this:  want to argue further, make your own thread.

Every post below this line should be about what OP asked:  Will this be integrated or not and how?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  <- The peace line

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 2:32 AM, Simite said:

All I'm saying is, I'm like 99.9% sure the people asking for this in a mod have never experienced this, but its just harmless fun right? Untill someone gets raped.

just qouting this cause you tried to back talk your way out of it... but you are basically saying that you know that 99% of the poeple asking for rape in sims is unknowledgable about rape but then later back talk down to you assume...

Point is you assume alot and then try to make it sound like everyone is of the same opinion as you... that being said.. My opinion if you can't tell the difference between fantasy/game and reality... then you really should not be out of a mental hospital and on the web.

To be clear.... I was a corrections officer for a good while... I can tell you the pedo's and such that we had to deal with do not see reality as normal folks do...So even if a rape mod was made... the catalyst for thier actions is not going to be a game cause they are already primed to do it anyway. the game is not making them think about it... they've already thought about many times before they even played games.. most predators like that have those thoughts before they can even drive a car or smoke a cig. Do I sympathize with them? Not really... But I also know they are driven by different desires which makes them dangerous.

16 hours ago, Excorsion said:

just qouting this cause you tried to back talk your way out of it... but you are basically saying that you know that 99% of the poeple asking for rape in sims is unknowledgable about rape but then later back talk down to you assume...

Point is you assume alot and then try to make it sound like everyone is of the same opinion as you... that being said.. My opinion if you can't tell the difference between fantasy/game and reality... then you really should not be out of a mental hospital and on the web.

To be clear.... I was a corrections officer for a good while... I can tell you the pedo's and such that we had to deal with do not see reality as normal folks do...So even if a rape mod was made... the catalyst for thier actions is not going to be a game cause they are already primed to do it anyway. the game is not making them think about it... they've already thought about many times before they even played games.. most predators like that have those thoughts before they can even drive a car or smoke a cig. Do I sympathize with them? Not really... But I also know they are driven by different desires which makes them dangerous.

Well that's good for you, that they let someone who thinks finding an old post on the internet and sharing their pointless oppinion about that persons oppinion and make uneducated judgements about their mental health state. I guess they just let any old folk be a corrections officer where your from.

2 hours ago, Simite said:

Well that's good for you, that they let someone who thinks finding an old post on the internet and sharing their pointless oppinion about that persons oppinion and make uneducated judgements about their mental health state. I guess they just let any old folk be a corrections officer where your from.

You are wrong about everything you've said in this thread except that this is your opinion. You are also very narrow minded, good day sir.

Guys, for Christ's sake, if you're gonna necro an old thread, at least stick to the topic brought up by the OP. This drama got old a long time ago, we don't need to see anymore arguments about ethics in video games here. We especially don't need it when that exact argument was concluded earlier on in the same fucking thread.

We do not have rape autonomy as a feature (yet), neither TD nor any of the animators or other modders have – AFAIK – stated publicly that they're working on one, nor has any newcomer stated that they're looking into it. I've stated this before, and I'll state it again, if you really want this to be a feature, get into contact with TD or another experienced modder and see if they can help you with it. If you don't want to make it yourself, then that's fine. Just be patient and chill out.

And if you really want to talk about the relationship between video games and criminal behavior, that's great! But this isn't the thread for that. Start your own thread somewhere else.

Last, but not least, try to be civil if you're gonna talk about this. I get that this is the internet, but that doesn't mean you gotta act like a couple of dumbass kids. It would really suck to have another thread get locked due to some stupid fighting.

Peace n shit.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Well if I knew how to code Sims 4 I would make the mod myself, seems odd that 5 years after this game came out with people asking for it the whole time it seems, that no one has made a rapist mod like or even similar to the one in Sims 3... Or have I just missed it? I did look before I posted this.

3 hours ago, Malandar said:

Well if I knew how to code Sims 4 I would make the mod myself, seems odd that 5 years after this game came out with people asking for it the whole time it seems, that no one has made a rapist mod like or even similar to the one in Sims 3... Or have I just missed it? I did look before I posted this.

Umm WWKinky

• 6 months later...
On 1/14/2018 at 7:26 PM, Simite said:

Honestly I hope nobody does make rape possible in sims, its not cool just the same as sex with children or animals. People think they can get away with it cause its just pixels but the truth is they relate to them pixels and they want to simulate these things so there's an illegal desire being pushed. It should be illegal to simulate these things, create any content that depicts these actions in anyway. But that's just my opinion, I really do wish people would stop going on about it like its something we all want though. The majority is definatly against it.

lmaoo what? its a game. its not like if we have a rape mod, we wil go and rape people in real life.

• 7 months later...
On 1/16/2018 at 2:37 AM, Dinosaurus said:

•  

THIS IS A REPLY TO AN EARLIER COMMENT ON THE ETHICS OF SEXUAL ASSULT IN VIDEO GAMES, I think, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME IF YOU'RE HERE FOR AN UPDATE ON THE ORIGINAL TOPIC, thanks.

I know this was posted a while ago and I don't expect a response, but I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate what you wrote.

I am a victim of sexual assault and since then I have developed a very severe attraction/ addiction to abuse in most forms. I would often put myself in dangerous situations such as being in relationships with people I thought might hurt me or agreeing very quickly to meet people online. If I ever met someone who claimed to have raped or abused someone I would find it horrific and in no way condone it, but I'm ashamed to admit a small part of me would fantasise about it. I then turned to reading/ playing things involving a lot of extreme abuse and sexual assault to replace doing it irl.

I always thought I was very messed in the head for it (and still do quite frankly) and do think I would benefit from discussing this with my therapist, but reading through your post (on my hunt for mods with sexual violence) has really helped me with my self image. I'm glad to know I'm not deranged for doing this sort of thing, and although it sickens me that you have been through a similar experience and I am in no way happy that it happened, it's somewhat comforting to know that I'm not the only one on this journey. 

Also if you're at all able to (and this applies to anyone who can) please give some advice on how to deal with this on a day to day basis. For example since my assault I have only ever been able to form a crush on someone I saw as possibly violent or manipulative, and I would love to be able to change this before I find someone who would actually abuse me. If anyone has advice for something this specific or can direct me to a place that does, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm thankful and sorry to anyone who reads through this, feel free to reply with your thoughts no matter what they are and I hope you're doing well during our current pandemic xx

• 4 weeks later...
Spoiler
On 12/7/2020 at 6:16 PM, KittyCattySocks said:
  On 1/16/2018 at 10:37 AM, Dinosaurus said:

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd..... You would be very wrong on that.

i have been raped before in real life as an adult. And i was also molested, raped, sodomised, and physically beaten for years by my mother's boyfriend. i hated every minute of it. i have been in therapy for over two decades. It's helped a lot. i'm much better now. i don't wake up screaming in the night anymore, but i used to... several miserable nights a week (and this is years after the abuse ended). i even for a long time had insomnia because i was afraid to sleep due to the nightmares.

But guess what?

i have rape fantasies. i love Defeat the "rape mod" in Skyrim. i've even played out rape fantasies in real life. That is to say i've planned out role play events with people i've dated where we plan "sometime in the next week lets randomly 'rape' me". Now. This is with someone i totally trust. People i've talked to in great detail about what i want to happen, about what i fantasize about happening (and about what they fantasize about doing too) and about what we feel comfortable safely playing out - some things i fantasize about and masturbate to would be too risky to play in reality. We discuss and plan out all sorts of parameters for the play well before it happens. Yet, still leave some stuff to be a mystery. It's all done in the safety of our own house. No strangers are involved. BUT, i definitely want to say "no" and "struggle" against it, for real.

Guess what else? i've even talked about these fantasies extensively with multiple therapists and psychiatrists (when you go to therapy for 20+ years you end up seeing lots of professionals), and guess what? None of them have ever told me they felt me (or my boyfriend or girlfriend at any given time) were dangerous or rapists. Furthermore, they told me it is actually *extremely common* for victims of rape (and child molestation) to end up having sexual fantasies about rape and/or molestation. Extremely common, in this case, does NOT mean "most" people who are raped end up with those fantasies. But it does mean that enough survivors of rape and molestation have those sexual fantasies that *every single* therapist and psychiatrist i've ever spoken to has heard of it before. And has assured me i was not the first to tell them that.

i used to think i was a terrible awful sick person for having those fantasies, but no therapist ever told me i was. None reported me, or anyone i was dating, to the police. None told me that i should "stop playing out those fantasies". More than one therapist told me that *safely* playing over those fantasies in an environment where i ultimately have "control" can actually be liberating (for some people - like apparently me).

That is to say, in Skyrim i have *total* control of the rape happening to my character. i can make it stop. i can stop the mod at any time. i can decide which sort of rape animations play. Similarly. When playing such a scene/role play event out in real life, with someone i am in a trusted relationship with, i always have a "safeword/safe-gesture" i can use to stop things at ANY moment if i *honestly* don't like what's going on. The "safeword" isn't "stop" or "no" tho, as i want to be able to say those things and have them ignored :smile:

But anyway. That's probably more information than you want to know about my private life, but i was really gritting my teeth reading your 99.9% certain thing.

Beyond that, in my lifetime (i'm over 30) i've met at least a dozen other women who had been raped/molested who *also* had rape fantasies. Two of them i'm still friends with to this day. Altho one of them has *never* done more with the fantasies than masturbate alone. She feels very ashamed of them. The other woman is more like me.. we both play with pervy rape mods in Skyrim and like to play out sexual-rape scenes in real life with people who deeply trust.

Neither of us like the idea of *really really* being raped again. And i do not find men who have really raped a woman or man or child to be sexy. i find it vile. Committing an actual sexual assault crime is disgusting. However, i do not think men who have rape fantasies (with which they act out only in perverted video games - or in consensual/trust relationships) are vile. Having a fantasy and masturbating to it, doesn't hurt anyone. i would have no more aversion to someone with violent or rape-y sexual fantasies... then i would have with someone who likes to play very violent bloody video games where they shoot people. Even if they found it fun imagining to be a killer a la Hitman, or something. That's fine. Yet... of course i do not find *real* murders to be okay or acceptable. Murder is vile in reality. So is rape. Playing a violent video game is not vile, nor is playing a sexually violent video game. At least not in my opinion.

i think there is a complete and total difference between engaging in fantasy and doing something in reality. Yes, there is a danger with people who cannot separate the two. But most people CAN and do.

Many of us think about killing our bosses (even if it's in a removed way like wishing your boss's head would explode) at some point, but don't do it. Even if the brief fantasy helps us release some tension in ourselves, we know we aren't going to do it. There's not even a small risk we will do it. Because most of us aren't crazy :tongue:

THIS IS A REPLY TO AN EARLIER COMMENT ON THE ETHICS OF SEXUAL ASSULT IN VIDEO GAMES, I think, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME IF YOU'RE HERE FOR AN UPDATE ON THE ORIGINAL TOPIC, thanks.

I know this was posted a while ago and I don't expect a response, but I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate what you wrote.

I am a victim of sexual assault and since then I have developed a very severe attraction/ addiction to abuse in most forms. I would often put myself in dangerous situations such as being in relationships with people I thought might hurt me or agreeing very quickly to meet people online. If I ever met someone who claimed to have raped or abused someone I would find it horrific and in no way condone it, but I'm ashamed to admit a small part of me would fantasise about it. I then turned to reading/ playing things involving a lot of extreme abuse and sexual assault to replace doing it irl.

I always thought I was very messed in the head for it (and still do quite frankly) and do think I would benefit from discussing this with my therapist, but reading through your post (on my hunt for mods with sexual violence) has really helped me with my self image. I'm glad to know I'm not deranged for doing this sort of thing, and although it sickens me that you have been through a similar experience and I am in no way happy that it happened, it's somewhat comforting to know that I'm not the only one on this journey. 

Also if you're at all able to (and this applies to anyone who can) please give some advice on how to deal with this on a day to day basis. For example since my assault I have only ever been able to form a crush on someone I saw as possibly violent or manipulative, and I would love to be able to change this before I find someone who would actually abuse me. If anyone has advice for something this specific or can direct me to a place that does, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm thankful and sorry to anyone who reads through this, feel free to reply with your thoughts no matter what they are and I hope you're doing well during our current pandemic xx

I would like to preface this by saying i'm not a psychologist. - also only read about half the posts here so what i'm saying might have already been said. 

I seem to remember that people have a tendency to normalize their lives.  Especially in cases of trauma or extreme experiences that fall outside of the norm.

And coping with these events often comes in the form of adding more positive experiences to the topic than negative experience to normalize.

(Important to note i mean normalize as in balance, NOT as in making it acceptable) 

The idea being that if a memory of such negative events haunt you, you can add lots of positive events to not drown yourself in negativity every time you think of it or are confronted with it.  So in my understanding mods like these as well as fantasizing, role play with your partner, other such things, especially where you're in control of what happens is about the safest thing and sanest thing you can do with it.  Though talking to a therapist will likely be a little more helpful long-term? 

However I would advise to not do dangerous things, i get that the loss of control is part of the thing that needs to be normalized but you'd be far safer if you could find a sex worker (like a sex therapist) to do this with instead. 

TLDR;  I'm happy you're not putting yourself at risk anymore,  Continue balancing your experience with the subject.  If you're up for it discuss this with a (sex) therapist?  But from my very limited knowledge in the field you're not being weird or messed-up.