Sun's 2B outfit

bajs11

The pic you posted looks like it doesn't want to show.... but i found this on YouTube.  Do you mean this white patch?  Inspecting the mod files, the base outfit texture is half white.  I don't have that game, so I can't be sure if that is how the original textures are or not.  In looking at pics on google though, doesn't seem to be the case.

You always could edit the na_dress.dds texture file to turn the white to black though.

suns2boutfit.png

Yes! That's the texture issue I was talking about...

well screw Photobucket then. Luckily I also use Flickr:

27612700919_9fba3922f7_o.png

spent about an hour in the Outfit Studio:

39359851972_58375c8340_o.png

hmm still needs to add a few details for it to match the original outfit:

81fdeabfdd9379fa8f2bcde9e24ba814-dauppmi

I thought this is like a straight port from the game

1 hour ago, AWP3RATOR said:

The pic you posted looks like it doesn't want to show.... but i found this on YouTube.  Do you mean this white patch?  Inspecting the mod files, the base outfit texture is half white.  I don't have that game, so I can't be sure if that is how the original textures are or not.  In looking at pics on google though, doesn't seem to be the case.

You always could edit the na_dress.dds texture file to turn the white to black though.

suns2boutfit.png

what's the best software to edit dds files? I assume it cannot be opened by Photoshop

So I spent some time trying to improve the texture file of this outfit.

I downloaded the Nvidia texture tools plugin for Photoshop which made editing dds files possible

The problem I am facing now is the pattern on the chest area and back should be transparent and I tried to brighten that area in PS but as you can see it's still barely visible

38686583764_dc888c7465_b.jpg

27617523249_9764929104_b.jpg

I was gonna suggest either NVIDIA tools plugins for PS, or the DDS plugin for GIMP (I use the latter).  In either program though, you can create transparency areas which will show the texture underneath.  For the chest/back cut outs, this subtly there in the original file.  (note the checkerboard effect)  It looks like there is also a slight mesh over top of it, making a sheer effect when viewed on the model.

I think the white bodysuit looks ok on the original model, but it's a bit too low on the overall outfit.  Moving that up in the NIF itself would be best to hide things.  This way, when the character walks/flourishes, etc. you get that white flash from the bodysuit and interior of the flowing part of the skirt.  I believe this to be as close to the Nier asset as we might get with this particular port.

suns2boutfit_2.png

Archived