Star Wars and the Mayan Calendar

landess

With all the controversy surrounding Disney's efforts with Star Wars, it just occurred to me that the date 12/21/12 is in fact more amusing than before.

Ep.IV Yavin Temple is in jungle previously occupied by the Mayan culture. The Mayan(s) created a calendar which was praised for it's accuracy and hyped for it's 'end'.

The last date on this calendar (12/21/12) has been the subject of 'the end of the world', but in reality, on this date, one of the biggest deals in Hollywood history was the sale of Star Wars from Lucas to Disney.

I don't think this is the end people had in mind when the calendar was mentioned, but for a lot of fans, this would almost seem prophetic.

Anyways, it amused me and since a google search for anything related turned up nil for me, I thought tossing this out might amuse others.

Archived