Sexbound + Cutebound

1 minute ago, MD202 said:

I'm not sure if I'm stupid or not but I tried the guide and it didn't really work on my game (It didn't let me leave the ship) and I was wondering if maybe you can redo the guide now that its version 4.2.0 since there isn't really a "species" folder anymore. Sorry, I'm not very experienced when it comes to modding. 

... excuse you, pardon, but what in the heck are you on about? Not to bash you over the head with a folding chair when you're already down, but the base game, Cutebound AND the API all have species folders. I download v4.2.0 not even 3 days ago and started working on some things, and it is indeed there. The guide for this "feature" is still the same as it was.

Download the SRC version of the mod.
Install it properly by extracting it to it's own folder. Example image spoilered below.

Spoiler

I've even included the full path at the top, from C; all the way to Steam, but simply put, it needs to be a folder, as i've named it there "SxB - API v420", and have those files inside of it. IT COUNTS AS A MOD AND WILL BE LOADED BY THE GAME JUST FINE.

image.png.dfc84b9ec3c04b73c627df817b9c76e5.png

After you've installed it, simply open sexbound.config, and change the line in default artwork:

Spoiler

As shown in the picture below, at line 97, you should see this line, and you need to write it as it is. No extra symbols, no less symbols, no other text.

image.png.4033f77cdf3f8136d740a5911921cff6.png

If that's not enough i think you'll need Google Maps or your regional/device equivalent to solve this riddle of guidance.

Well, good luck, and if you still don't have luck, elaborate on what you want to do, and why you need the species folder.

So uh after a bit of testing the nps' faces went invis and I double checked the config and I did it correctly. Plus after a while my game immediately crashed. Any insight on this problem?

And yes i read the older posts.

EDIT: ok now when I test it with Aphrodite's bow and the game crashes before the node npc appeared. Here's the code I used /<entityGroup>/<species>/<gender>head.png

• 3 months later...
On 7/7/2019 at 8:19 AM, red3dred said:

Download and install Sexbound UNPAK version.
Open the mod's folder.
See "sexbound.config" file.
Open it in a text editor of your preference.
Change that one line to look like how its written on the image above.
Save.

Test, and if it worked, enjoy.

Uh... i know this is late, but which line? Theres thousands of lines for me and most of it is position related (I only have the PAK version, i don't think the UNPAK version is still available) 

Edit: Nevermind, the Zip seems to be the UNPAK and i'm just an idiot who didn't check correctly. Still have a question, though. Will any of the unique loverslab cutebound mods for non-vanilla races mess up with this edit?

1 hour ago, Dimyells said:

Uh... i know this is late, but which line? Theres thousands of lines for me and most of it is position related (I only have the PAK version, i don't think the UNPAK version is still available) 

Edit: Nevermind, the Zip seems to be the UNPAK and i'm just an idiot who didn't check correctly. Still have a question, though. Will any of the unique loverslab cutebound mods for non-vanilla races mess up with this edit?

... well then.

1 hour ago, Dimyells said:

Still have a question, though. Will any of the unique loverslab cutebound mods for non-vanilla races mess up with this edit?

To answer that, i'll just explain to you how the edit works. Sexbound usually has separate head graphics for the animations, unlike the ones from your body/head mods. This edit simply redirects the Sexbound animator to use the "normal" heads instead. That head is the same your character has. It shouldn't be any other, unless something is wrong. What i'm trying to say is, this edit will just pull the head of the species as is available, whatever mod last overwrote it, and use that. Thus, if the species mod, like... Draconis for instance, doesn't have a Cutebound edit.. it doesn't matter, we're just loading whatever the game already uses. We're not looking for a specific Cutebound head.

That's good enough for a explanation?

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Make a file named 

sexbound.config.patch

in your mods folder and save the following code into the file:

[
    {
        "op": "replace",
        "path": "/actor/defaultArtwork/",
        "value": {"head": "/humanoid/<species>/<gender>head.png"}