Sexbound + Cutebound

• 11 months later...
On 12/6/2018 at 2:32 PM, potatomaster800 said:

i second this,its a tad anoying and that would be realy awesome if someone could patch it.

I think the artist behind Cutebound requires a modder to ask permission to use their spritework, and they don't allow their spritework to be used with Sexbound, unfortunately. 

So, here's a solution:

In the sexbound.config file that is in the root directory of the unpak version of the Sexbound API, change the default artwork path for the head to be "/humanoid/<species>/<gender>head.png". This will cause Sexbound API to use the Cutebound character heads when you have it installed in your mods directory.

I think this is an experimental feature that I added to version 2.6.3, but I might be wrong. It will definitely be in version 2.7.0 which I am working on.

On 12/6/2018 at 9:22 PM, Locuturus said:

I think the artist behind Cutebound requires a modder to ask permission to use their sprite work, and they don't allow their spritework to be used with Sexbound, unfortunately. 

So, here's a solution:

In the sexbound.config file that is in the root directory of the unpak version of the Sexbound API, change the default artwork path for the head to be "/humanoid/<species>/<gender>head.png". This will cause Sexbound API to use the Cutebound character heads when you have it installed in your mods directory.

I think this is an experimental feature that I added to version 2.6.3, but I might be wrong. It will definitely be in version 2.7.0 which I am working on.

Dude,you are a freaking legend!Cant thank you enough!

edit: forgot to mention but sometime during sex scene the character neck vanish,do you have any idea why?There is also the hairstyle change with the hylotr...fish people? when they give birth they change hairdo...

edit:never mind its every races not just them...

11 hours ago, potatomaster800 said:

Dude,you are a freaking legend!Cant thank you enough!

edit: forgot to mention but sometime during sex scene the character neck vanish,do you have any idea why?There is also the hairstyle change with the hylotr...fish people? when they give birth they change hairdo...

edit:never mind its every races not just them...

I wasn't aware of a hylotl hairstyle change. Can you give more details about which hair? Is the hair style custom?

13 hours ago, Locuturus said:

I wasn't aware of a hylotl hairstyle change. Can you give more details about which hair? Is the hair style custom?

Well its not just hylotl,i think it might have something to do with the save file existing before puting  the cutebound mod,that or the fact that i have a avian tenant that still look like a bird and not a harpy .They only change hairstyle when having sex though or giving birth so the cutebound mod as it is should be fine.I try to update that comment if i found any clue as to why that happen .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I second with VNLXV, after making the exact changes, their face is just invisible with floating hair and mouths. If we could get a follow up on this issue it would be great.

EDIT: I've been able to go into the files and replace the default human head with the Cutebound heads, it works perfectly.

7 hours ago, NamelessCat said:

I second with VNLXV, after making the exact changes, their face is just invisible with floating hair and mouths. If we could get a follow up on this issue it would be great.

EDIT: I've been able to go into the files and replace the default human head with the Cutebound heads, it works perfectly.

image.png.2e70deb0dd729789cc271b6ad6e37d61.png
If the head is going invisible, then the edit was unsuccessful (Often missing/extra bits like periods, comas, parenthesis, etc.)

33 minutes ago, red3dred said:

image.png.2e70deb0dd729789cc271b6ad6e37d61.png
If the head is going invisible, then the edit was unsuccessful (Often missing/extra bits like periods, comas, parenthesis, etc.)

Yeah, I copied and pasted it at the wrong section, but all is already fixed. Thanks for the help though.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Basszavior said:

How do u do it? I dont know how to config stuffs.

Download and install Sexbound UNPAK version.
Open the mod's folder.
See "sexbound.config" file.
Open it in a text editor of your preference.
Change that one line to look like how its written on the image above.
Save.

Test, and if it worked, enjoy.

On 7/7/2019 at 2:19 PM, red3dred said:

Open the mod's folder.
Save.

What text editor do u use, and does this change the head in animation into cutebound head?

3 hours ago, Basszavior said:

What text editor do u use, and does this change the head in animation into cutebound head?

Notepad++, and yes, it should load whatever Head is shown outside of the animations, even if you're using something other than Cutebound.

On 7/7/2019 at 2:19 PM, red3dred said:

Open the mod's folder.
Save.

Yes it worked, thanksalot.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/7/2018 at 3:22 AM, Locuturus said:

I think the artist behind Cutebound requires a modder to ask permission to use their spritework, and they don't allow their spritework to be used with Sexbound, unfortunately. 

So, here's a solution:

would it be possible to do the same for the body and arms?

• 2 months later...

All the deafult races seem to work kinda fine except for avians. So what I came up with: the simplest solution to avian body problem is to replace avian artwork with human. Sure, the wings and legs will be replaced and be not very immersive, but it's closest I got to a solution. Just replace files in sexbound>artwork>humanoid>actor1+actor2>avian with files from the same folders but human. Idk may or may not be will be helpful for someone.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I'm stupid or not but I tried the guide and it didn't really work on my game (It didn't let me leave the ship) and I was wondering if maybe you can redo the guide now that its version 4.2.0 since there isn't really a "species" folder anymore. Sorry, I'm not very experienced when it comes to modding.