Easy Modding Tips and Resources Discussion

you nailed the silk/satin thing kboom. chrome_e huh. I wouldn't have guessed that would work so well. That env mask is a tiny tiny grey square with a little white grid on it. Why does that work? I guess it only needs to be tiny, but the white grid part? It clearly does work. I wish someone would explain these things.

1 hour ago, Frankfranky said:

you nailed the silk/satin thing kboom. chrome_e huh. I wouldn't have guessed that would work so well. That env mask is a tiny tiny grey square with a little white grid on it. Why does that work? I guess it only needs to be tiny, but the white grid part? It clearly does work. I wish someone would explain these things.

i tested with grey color on 4x4 pixel no grid and it works the same as shine_m env mask , more gloss on the white color and vice versa. The white grid could be to create gloss pattern? 

Well, I doubt they just tossed the grid in their for fun. You a probably right about it being to create the gloss pattern. I will test it out a bit myself. See if we can work out why.

To try to get rid of the strange bumps, dips and warps that found there way into the mesh once tesselation, .nif, and bodyslide got their grubby little fingers all over my beautifully flowing mesh, I have taken it all the way back to my original editable poly, rebuilt it natively for the standard UNP High weight body, and moved it out from the body in all the problem areas to reduce the ammount of mucking around that is required later on. This will mean it will have a new UV template, but hopefully I will be able to just copy your good weights directly across and they will just work. Wouldn't that be nice ... if they just worked ... I will upload a new mesh today. I guess that will also mean I need to completely remake the bodyslide conversion (unless you want to do it kboom? :smile: ). I could prob use the practice. I will uplad the new Dress_1.nif when I get it done. You can give me an opinion on whether the modifications warrant doing it all again, or if a few kinks and bumps really not worth worrying about.

Archived