Using Lovers mods with already modded Oblivion

Stupidfast

First time using Lover's for Oblivion and excited to see where it all started!

I am just starting a new playthrough of Oblivion and have painstakingly gone through and done the recommended list on reddit and some youtube videos and the BeviLex list for graphics. Game looks and feels great and is perfect for a new playthrough. I have noticed in the past, however, that older Lover's lab mods sometimes cause issues in New Vegas/Skyrim and was wondering what people would recommend to avoid these problems. Oblivion seems to be touchy with mods and it isn't nearly as simple to set up a stable game. I am thinking of backing up my build now and then using that if something goes wrong with the Lover's mods installation. My other idea is to follow the Mod Organizer guide and install all the Lovers Lab mods to there, then run the game from that which should(?) pick up my current build and overlay the mods from here over it, allowing me to activate and deactivate those that cause issues far more easily. Anyone have any suggestions on this problem?

Thanks,

Stupidfast

6 minutes ago, Stupidfast said:

First time using Lover's for Oblivion and excited to see where it all started!

I am just starting a new playthrough of Oblivion and have painstakingly gone through and done the recommended list on reddit and some youtube videos and the BeviLex list for graphics. Game looks and feels great and is perfect for a new playthrough. I have noticed in the past, however, that older Lover's lab mods sometimes cause issues in New Vegas/Skyrim and was wondering what people would recommend to avoid these problems. Oblivion seems to be touchy with mods and it isn't nearly as simple to set up a stable game. I am thinking of backing up my build now and then using that if something goes wrong with the Lover's mods installation. My other idea is to follow the Mod Organizer guide and install all the Lovers Lab mods to there, then run the game from that which should(?) pick up my current build and overlay the mods from here over it, allowing me to activate and deactivate those that cause issues far more easily. Anyone have any suggestions on this problem?

Thanks,

Stupidfast

Fejeena put together a guide to assist. 

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbb-load-order-sorting-espesm-cleaning-cs-cse-body-stretching/?tab=comments#comment-915257

But feel free to ask about any particular mod. Many old Lovers mods work great.

Okay I have an additional question after reading that. Bevi-Lex's mod list needs to run with a bash patch to be stable/work, but her guide specifically mentions never to use Lover's mods in a bashed patch. This wont cause issues will it? I'm assuming I can just have wyre bash handle all my previously installed mods and then install the LL ones without updating the patch...

3 hours ago, Stupidfast said:

Okay I have an additional question after reading that. Bevi-Lex's mod list needs to run with a bash patch to be stable/work, but her guide specifically mentions never to use Lover's mods in a bashed patch. This wont cause issues will it? I'm assuming I can just have wyre bash handle all my previously installed mods and then install the LL ones without updating the patch...

I believe that's the recommended method. I personally do not use it. Like some Lovers users, I ditched WryeBash in favor of combining mods myself. More control over what's happening. But you need some CS skills.

But, hey, you've come to the right place if you want to learn that, too.

:smile:

Bevi-Lex's mod ? Is it a Lovers Mod?

With Lovers you can use a BashedPatch. But no Lovers Mods inside the BashedPatch.

You disalble all Lovers Mods ( set them to not active),  then you create the BashedPatch with WryeBash, then you enable the Lovers Mods again.

And if you uninstall a No-Lovers-mod or install a new No-Lovers-Mod you must rebuild your BashedPatch ( again with all Lovers Mods set to not active )

Just run your bashed patch before you install the LAPF and lovers mods.  Or if you install something that needs a rebuilt bashed patch, just disable the lovers esm and esp files and rebuild your bashed patch.  Pretty simple.

The reason for all the hoop jumping is including script heavy mods (like lovers stuff) into a bashed patch can break them.

Cheers,

Greg

3 minutes ago, Stupidfast said:

Does anyone know if I can use retexture mods for creatures and still used the creature mods here for Lovers? Assuming the retextures would probably conflict due to all the genitals for creature mods overriding them.

Last mod in the load order trumps. So whichever you want to work the best, load last. The worst that usually happens is no penis...things still work otherwise.

Archived