Extended Loading, Failure to Save; Random, Short Hangs

DaBigMunny

After installing a few more mods to my admittedly bloated modlist, I've noticed a severe increase in my load times, as well as the appearance of several second long freezes regularly.  In addition, I seem to no longer be able to manually save, with the game freezing for several minutes without and file being created.  The mods I installed were Sexlab Seperate Orgasms, with compatibility for Aroused and Homones; an update of Inflation Framework, the most recent MNC package, and the Anub animation packs.  I think it might be the SLSO package, but I have no idea.  It could also be the inflation network and my settings, as I notice the slowdowns occuring when the mod adds new NPCs to the framework, but again, I am no coder.

That does not sound healthy I'm afraid. Can you upload a copy of your log after a few minutes of playing and also your load order? It is very difficult to guess what could be wrong, there are so many possible reasons why Skyrim can break.

As a general rule of thumb, I think it is advisable to not change one's load order during a playthrough. One can add new mods to the end of it, but don't reorder the load order, remove mods from it, don't re-run LOOT, and update mods only when their authors have said it is safe to do so without starting a new game. Some more seasoned players claim they can get away with doing any of this, but I've personally never been able to do that safely without impacting my game's stability.

In my experience changing load order "the save way" has nothing to do with the way it's done, it only depends on the mods you have installed, i.e. those that change their order. And merged/bashed patches, if used. For my games it usually  doesn't cause any problems, only once.

Uninstalling mods midgame on the other hand... if there is a single script in that mod, i'd avoid it at all costs, no exceptions. Same for updates, and mods which change scripts of installed mods, like Seperate Orgasms and any patches. If it's really necessary, start a new game.

I seem to have resolved the issue by loading a older save, I think it may have had something to do with several scripts which kicked in.

Generally I've had no issue with re-running LOOT after installs, and other mods have been fine as well.  However, I'll keep your comments in mind inm the future.  Thanks for the replies!

34 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

In my experience changing load order "the save way" has nothing to do with the way it's done, it only depends on the mods you have installed, i.e. those that change their order. And merged/bashed patches, if used.

That is a good point. I always use both a merged and a bashed patch, together with the SkyProc patch for PerMa, so while it is almost crucial for my game to have that "fixed" load order it may not be so important for others.

Archived