WIERD texture issue..JH People mod

Dirtnap

I've messed with many many mods, and made all my own custom followers etc so I normally know what's going on with textures but....

I seem to have ended up with maybe SG textures that load even starting a new game (thought it might be baked into the save just like I am). It's supposed to be Fair Skin for the sidearmf93 JH People mod. JH uses the default female folder for the body and only imports faces.

I think at some point my combining Bjinn with this did it. SG textures is credited on that mod's page. Ok...uninstalled Bjinn, deleted all textures in the female folder as well as confirming all .esp's deleted, and reinstalled Fair Skin completely.

I've also tried completely re-installing JH and Fair Skin fresh into a clean save. Still SG look lol.

Opened JH in TESVedit and CK, and no indication of which textures besides the defaults that might be referenced. CK just says NONE in the skin tab.

I know it's a script cleaner, but also cleaned the save with Resaver.

My load order doesn't seem to show anything that would override the mod.

I'm considering airbrushing some Fair Skin at the neck seam at this point. Or maybe throw some SG textures into JH folder and see what happens.

For anyone else who does JH, Bjiin, and especially both (this is done by many), are there any tricks I'm missing? I can almost just live with it but giving this a shot.

LoadOrder_Skyrim_2017-11-28T21-05-17.txt

Looks like a texture mismatch from using texture files from 2 different texture sets. Most texture files have a set of files for the head hands and feet these files are usually made to where they match each other so there isn't really a noticeable mismatch but when you mix them up or install something that overwrote something or something conflicts then this can happen. 

The mod manager you are using may not be sorting something correctly, otherwise the problem has to be either that you have not the matching head and body textures in the data/textures/actor/character/female folder or the mod is using a texture set to change the data path or one of the nif files has a texture path set to another directory.

The textures are not stored in save files and should never be a problem to change mid game.

2 hours ago, RW311 said:

The mod manager you are using may not be sorting something correctly, otherwise the problem has to be either that you have not the matching head and body textures in the data/textures/actor/character/female folder or the mod is using a texture set to change the data path or one of the nif files has a texture path set to another directory.

The textures are not stored in save files and should never be a problem to change mid game.

Thanks for telling me about the saves, I'm still pretty ignorant on what actually gets saved. This is so weird, I've been through every folder and texture and confirmed all are Fair Skin. I've confirmed the mesh I'm using routes to the correct folder and textures, and it's still the same lol. I've installed all these manually thinking the same thing you did on NMM, and it's just what it is. I'm wondering if the JH mod itself has something in it I don't know how to get to, as I've also changed the meshes it's supposed to be pointing to (the default female folder) and the body does no change either.

I've been able to use Bjinn and this before and just keep the load order right so I can get some of both, but I've jacked something up here for good from the looks of it. 

Thanks for your input!

4 hours ago, myuhinny said:

Looks like a texture mismatch from using texture files from 2 different texture sets. Most texture files have a set of files for the head hands and feet these files are usually made to where they match each other so there isn't really a noticeable mismatch but when you mix them up or install something that overwrote something or something conflicts then this can happen. 

That's quite the case, and my mystery here has been trying to figure out why after replacing all the textures and eliminating any possible body mod conflicts it still stays the same without a single SG skin texture in my data folder lol. This is the strangest problem I've come up with so far. 

I use Bijin, JH and Neus's Ordinary People mod alongside a few other NPC replacers. I do have massive issues with vampires, but human NPCs all work okay. 

Since you install manually, I would simply do it again, by first removing the facegen and facetint folders and copying them back in the order you want them to override each other. If you want specific NPCs to be replaced from either mod you can remove the names in TESEdit or CK, and then copy their respective face files by hand.

However this doesn't look like that sort of problem.

The issue is that the default female folder has textures that apply universally, except if you have modded the specific race folders (the default applies to Nords, all others have separate folders).

It seems you want to use FSC?

If so, delete the following folders in textures\actors\character\

female

imperialfemale

redguardfemale

woodelffemale

highelffemale

femaleorc

bretonfemale

darkelffemale

and then reinstall FSC manually, be careful and check that each race folder only has one msn file, and the default \female folder should have 12 files relating to humans (there are more, for vampires).

I've tried both of your suggestions and it's still the same. What is really strange is that it shows what appears to be a UNP Special body with vagina. I have none of that installed on this one. I do use Sexlab but haven't yet installed any vagina meshes. 

I was unable to move my Data folder from C: when I moved the install to a secondary SSD, so this is supposed to be a fresh install with the mods totally reinstalled and not just an overwritten Data folder. I'm wondering if somehow I did get some sort of installation record or something that I'm ignorant of because I have the default UNP body and what I've viewing looks like Lean Lady Legendary shape of the UNP special. 

I completely deleted all related files to FSC and JH and manually replaced them. I did the Textures search and verified that all related meshes are FSC. The only ones that weren't were my own custom followers and the Custom Races folders. I have that uninstalled and those are completely different textures.

I shudder at the thought of going through the entire reinstall again (took me 3 evenings the last time with 160 mods or so), so may just live with it lol.

Is there any instance in which a mesh might think it's routing to the C: drive when it's on a secondary drive even though the path starts with textures/actors etc....hmmmm

I may try to see if creating a folder/file structure on C: happens to make some difference but I doubt that.

CBBE says it installs a custom texture (taken from actual photos of women) which would describe what I'm seeing. I may completely remove CBBE and Bodyslide and redo those and make sure any texture options are unchecked etc...

Looking at the feet, it's apparent that the feet are picking up the FSC texture or the default femalefeet, as they are lighter. So the feet are doing their job, but the body is confused.

Thanks again, if I happen to find the solution I'll post so others will have something to look for in the future. I've read that others have had the issue with JH but their answers were inconclusive. 

The solution turned out to be just as weird as the problem, for me anyway. Somehow JH was in fact referencing my custom standalone follower's meshes and textures. 

I can't think of any reason why it would do that other than maybe I accidentally merged the two esp's in wrye bash? But I've only opened Wrye Bash long enough to switch masters on another mod.

That was it. I just replaced those textures for now lol. Looks like my follower has joined the JH girls lol.

Archived