Why Are Skin Mods Terrifying?

tm2dragon

Am I just dumb?  I KNOW there has to be a technical reason, for this, but whenever I download a skin mod....say, one that makes the skin looked oiled....the face ALWAYS sticks out horribly in contrast.  Like someone ripped the head off one person, and sewed it onto the body of someone else.....from an entirely different game. ><  It FEELS like a skin overhaul should also effect the head, but I understand just enough about how all this works to know that those are separate elements entirely.  Still, people in all the screenshots here look GOOD!  No horrible abominations against nature (unless that's what the photographer was going for), and somehow everything seems to work out okay.

Right now, I just want the skin to look a bit sleeker than the default CBBE.....but the moment I try ANYTHING, shit gets scary, FAST.  Dirty, pockmarked, horrific faces glued to spotless, shiny torsos all around, my own character included.  I'm guessing there's no easy "just add this mod" fix to this, and you folks are using the magic of "blending tools" and such that seem beyond us humbler players. 

..........yeah, guess I'm just frustrated at this point and felt the need to vent. ^_^;  This has been something I've NEVER been able to get my head around, and if there is an easy fix, it hasn't been made apparent in any of these mod pages.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:26 AM, tm2dragon said:

Am I just dumb?  I KNOW there has to be a technical reason, for this, but whenever I download a skin mod....say, one that makes the skin looked oiled....the face ALWAYS sticks out horribly in contrast.  Like someone ripped the head off one person, and sewed it onto the body of someone else.....from an entirely different game. ><  It FEELS like a skin overhaul should also effect the head, but I understand just enough about how all this works to know that those are separate elements entirely.  Still, people in all the screenshots here look GOOD!  No horrible abominations against nature (unless that's what the photographer was going for), and somehow everything seems to work out okay.

Right now, I just want the skin to look a bit sleeker than the default CBBE.....but the moment I try ANYTHING, shit gets scary, FAST.  Dirty, pockmarked, horrific faces glued to spotless, shiny torsos all around, my own character included.  I'm guessing there's no easy "just add this mod" fix to this, and you folks are using the magic of "blending tools" and such that seem beyond us humbler players. 

..........yeah, guess I'm just frustrated at this point and felt the need to vent. ^_^;  This has been something I've NEVER been able to get my head around, and if there is an easy fix, it hasn't been made apparent in any of these mod pages.

I hear you,

I was using CBBE, the Sevenbase like preset and all the time didn't matter if I used FSM I still had mismatched head and body textures.

I'm having way better time of it just using Atomic Beauty with FSM textures, no ugly mismatching going on....And more importantly all the Vanilla Game stuff is top notch, has been painstakingly redone more poly, and fits perfectly.

Normally you wouldn't dream of using the Vanilla Armor pieces and would hurl a bit in your mouth everytime you saw a raider in the game right, but since all the vanilla stuff likes good now well I just play and have fun.

5 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

I hear you,

I was using CBBE, the Sevenbase like preset and all the time didn't matter if I used FSM I still had mismatched head and body textures.

I'm having way better time of it just using Atomic Beauty with FSM textures, no ugly mismatching going on....And more importantly all the Vanilla Game stuff is top notch, has been painstakingly redone more poly, and fits perfectly.

Normally you wouldn't dream of using the Vanilla Armor pieces and would hurl a bit in your mouth everytime you saw a raider in the game right, but since all the vanilla stuff likes good now well I just play and have fun.

I had several problems with the CBBE Sevenbase preset actually.  Mainly, that it required a couple sliders LITERALLY labeled "Sevenbase".......sliders that disappeared when attempting to build certain armors with lots of options in Bodyslide.  Basically, those sliders vanished whenever I attempted to use Abe's Armor, meaning my lovely skimpy outer body armor was nestled somewhere comfortably CLIPPED SEVERAL INCHES DEEP UNDER MY UNDER-ARMOR AND INTO MY CHEST. ><  I've since found a preset that works pretty damn well all around, and has a LOT of options.  Attempting to use the Oni skin on it, but for some reason my very pale character has almost brown dark skin, and only shows that lovely glisten in the right light.  Also, every now and then I'll load the game and the whole skin has up and glitched on me, reacquiring a reinstall.

Hey, maybe you can explain something to me!  Just what IS Atomic Beauty, and how does it work?  I thought Bodyslide required CBBE as a base for starters.  Also, lots of armors on Nexus are "redone" for use with Atomic Beauty Bodyslide......isn't the whole point of Bodyslide that it matches armor to body types?  Why would they need to remake a while set if it's Bodyslide compatible regardless?

4 hours ago, tm2dragon said:

I had several problems with the CBBE Sevenbase preset actually.  Mainly, that it required a couple sliders LITERALLY labeled "Sevenbase".......sliders that disappeared when attempting to build certain armors with lots of options in Bodyslide.  Basically, those sliders vanished whenever I attempted to use Abe's Armor, meaning my lovely skimpy outer body armor was nestled somewhere comfortably CLIPPED SEVERAL INCHES DEEP UNDER MY UNDER-ARMOR AND INTO MY CHEST. ><  I've since found a preset that works pretty damn well all around, and has a LOT of options.  Attempting to use the Oni skin on it, but for some reason my very pale character has almost brown dark skin, and only shows that lovely glisten in the right light.  Also, every now and then I'll load the game and the whole skin has up and glitched on me, reacquiring a reinstall.

Hey, maybe you can explain something to me!  Just what IS Atomic Beauty, and how does it work?  I thought Bodyslide required CBBE as a base for starters.  Also, lots of armors on Nexus are "redone" for use with Atomic Beauty Bodyslide......isn't the whole point of Bodyslide that it matches armor to body types?  Why would they need to remake a while set if it's Bodyslide compatible regardless?

Speaking of which

Atomic Beauty doesn't use the same mesh as CBBE.

Also does not use the same sliders.

The main file author has put a lot of work into the Vanilla Armors by increasing their polygon count through another program such as blender or likely 3dsMax.

The end result is what matters, say I were to use CBBE Vanilla Replacer, well to be entirely honest the provided one sucks ass, no care was takin at all to make the outfits look their best in the vanilla state that they are even in.  Yes Im aware that there are very few polygons in the vanilla outfits in spots where it matters for say breasts, butt and so on.

Examples,

CBBE main download Vault suit

The vault suit contours to the breasts unrealistically and also you can literally count the angles that make up the breast.

CBBE, Sunday Dress or whatever that first dress is called...

Same thing for some reason the author decided that all outfits in fact should cup the breasts.

CBBE take your pick of any armor chest part...They all suck,

Not only do the Chest Armor parts conform to the breasts they do so unrealistically...See those things shouldn't look like bra's they should look like their meant to cover the chest and deflect a blow to the sternum.

Everysingle decal is of course also mangled beyond recognition cause those are on a mesh that is also conformed to fit the body.

Now if your wanting the best that CBBE has to offer, go for "Tie's Vanilla Armor Conversion CBBE"

That's about the best your going to get in CBBE, however he didn't include the meshes for the decals so no BOS emblem on your chest piece for your females.

Now the key difference is that with Atomic Beauty, the Vanilla Armors, Clothes, and Armor Parts have all had extra polygons inserted.

After that the next big deal is that rather than simply conform to sliders this person actually did his work by hand to ensure that the breast regions didn't just look like painted on armor or clothes...Nope he actually made the chest parts cover the tits properly.  Example Bodysuits don't suck into the region between the tits actually there is some room to breath under the fabric between the breasts...It makes a big difference visually.

So why don't more people use Atomic B?

Well the work didn't take off as hot as CBBE, and the authors that do work on outfits have to spend more time on them as there are more programs involved and more time spent on the sliders even (the work in bodyslide isn't simply conform and forget bullshit that a lot of CBBE users think is ok, effort is actually taken to make sure each slider is just right...these are done by hand).

Because the work takes so damn long to do there is not as wide a selection of outfits available for AB as CBBE...Thing for me is though I don't care, if the Vanilla Outfits are trash than the whole damn house of cards is also trash, cause I have to look at vanilla outfits on every npc in the game.

There is a little trick though...See you could just use AB for the Vanilla Outfits and kinda size them up to be similar to your CBBE body.....That way you have the best Vanilla Outfits that there can be....See an outfit you want to have your female companion pal around in just download if in CBBE and there you go.

I really enjoy using the Vanilla stuff so I gotta have the best,

So the best options now are AB and Ties.

The cons are that there are not a lot of slider body presets, however after playing around with the sliders I was really surprised by how I could get say a petite body or even a Sevenbase look alike outta the AB body.  There is a preset that looks like a muscular Sevenbase body, I had two characters in my game standing side by side one in AB and the other CBBE Sevenbase and there bodies looked the same and I was sold.

ScreenShot16.png

If that Leather Chest Piece was CBBE it'd look trash, that's a problem cause you start out with that really soon in the game and leather over vault suit is iconic!

Untitled.jpg

This AB metal chest piece has over 3 times the number of polygons in the breast region meaning no matter how big or small the boobs are its going to fit over the underarmor perfectly.  Note that also its boob region doesn't cup the breasts like a bra as your going to see in most vanilla replacers for CBBE....Only one author comes close to doing it right for CBBE and that's TIE.  Sorry but if they don't want to put the time in making the stuff look right they shouldn't have posted at all.

Example B

The Original CBBE conversion of the Slooty Vault Suit

16860-15-1469927022.jpg

The original Atomic Beauty conversion of the Slooty Vault Suit

ScreenShot17.png

The Original Slooty Vault Suit

8233-3-1452600759.jpg

Gee IDK which is better or looks closer to the original artist work.

We can all tell who cares more about their final product but it does seem to me that the Slooty Vault suit is uh supposed to have a deep V neckline right.

Well, you pretty much have me sold on the idea of this as an improvement.  I understood just enough of that to get that setting things up for it requires more work, and the results are usually the better for it.  Still not QUITE sure of the specifics on just why things are so different, but then I'm a filthy casual when it comes to modding. ^_^;  Sadly, you brought up a LOT of big issues that will likely continue to keep this from being a viable option for many folks.  It sounds like it's less versatile in Bodyslide, offering fewer options in terms of shape.  You also make it sound like most outfit or armor mods are pretty much incompatible with it, unless you're one of the more competent modders who can remap things on your own.  Most everything is geared towards CBBE, and I'm not sure how well things transfer.  Do body physics (such as they currently are) work with her?  Do mods that alter the way a character walks or moves work right?  It may very well be the superior body mod, but sadly it doesn't really stand a chance if it isn't supported properly by other mods.

As for this site in particular, it sounds like there could be a LOT of conflict with this body.  I bet it's AMAZING for screenshots, but do all the bits for naughty furniture, animations, and outfits/devices line up right?  The bondage mods in particular, which involve objects like cuffs and belts being perfectly flush with naked skin, or for bodies to line up JUST right to not clip horribly with all those deviously clever bits of furniture.........is this even an option for those? 

Again, filthy casual, please understand that I'm not asking these questions to argue a point, I'm asking cause I honestly don't know.  I've tried doing the research into modding, but I've BARELY managed to get past "add it to Mod Manager, click the X so it turns into a checkmark, and pray to God it plays nice with all the dozens of other mods you have downloaded, added it in the right order, or doesn't bring up one of those scary things like 'would you like to overwrite __________?' or have one of those menus that asks you questions you don't know the answer to."  I swear, you folks seem like freakin WIZARDS to me. O_O

I'd like to try it out sometime in the future!  I'll look into some more screenshots, get a better idea of how it shows up in-game and how diversely it can be used.  Is it any more difficult to set up than CBBE?  I'll say it once more, Filthy Casual, barely knows what he's doing, has a panic attack every time adding a mod results in a single pop-up. :P

12 hours ago, tm2dragon said:

Well, you pretty much have me sold on the idea of this as an improvement.  I understood just enough of that to get that setting things up for it requires more work, and the results are usually the better for it.  Still not QUITE sure of the specifics on just why things are so different, but then I'm a filthy casual when it comes to modding. ^_^;  Sadly, you brought up a LOT of big issues that will likely continue to keep this from being a viable option for many folks.  It sounds like it's less versatile in Bodyslide, offering fewer options in terms of shape.  You also make it sound like most outfit or armor mods are pretty much incompatible with it, unless you're one of the more competent modders who can remap things on your own.  Most everything is geared towards CBBE, and I'm not sure how well things transfer.  Do body physics (such as they currently are) work with her?  Do mods that alter the way a character walks or moves work right?  It may very well be the superior body mod, but sadly it doesn't really stand a chance if it isn't supported properly by other mods.

As for this site in particular, it sounds like there could be a LOT of conflict with this body.  I bet it's AMAZING for screenshots, but do all the bits for naughty furniture, animations, and outfits/devices line up right?  The bondage mods in particular, which involve objects like cuffs and belts being perfectly flush with naked skin, or for bodies to line up JUST right to not clip horribly with all those deviously clever bits of furniture.........is this even an option for those? 

Again, filthy casual, please understand that I'm not asking these questions to argue a point, I'm asking cause I honestly don't know.  I've tried doing the research into modding, but I've BARELY managed to get past "add it to Mod Manager, click the X so it turns into a checkmark, and pray to God it plays nice with all the dozens of other mods you have downloaded, added it in the right order, or doesn't bring up one of those scary things like 'would you like to overwrite __________?' or have one of those menus that asks you questions you don't know the answer to."  I swear, you folks seem like freakin WIZARDS to me. O_O

I'd like to try it out sometime in the future!  I'll look into some more screenshots, get a better idea of how it shows up in-game and how diversely it can be used.  Is it any more difficult to set up than CBBE?  I'll say it once more, Filthy Casual, barely knows what he's doing, has a panic attack every time adding a mod results in a single pop-up. :P

Im going to have to answer this in parts,

"It sounds like it's less versatile in Bodyslide, offering fewer options in terms of shape."

Yes and No...

Yes its not going to offer as many options, its going to be impossible to make fat characters sorry just no way to say it nicely.

Also there is a key selling point for some that I noticed that Atomic Beauty cant handle at all and that's pregnancy morphs.

Explained, right now there is only 1 pregnancy mod that I know of and its a fairly straight up adult mod...Skyrim has a wide range of mods featuring pregnancy and even an actual Romance mod that features a whole simulated family playthrough called Romance...Fo4 doesn't have anything like that so right now its not a huge deal.

And its No cause you get other options not really available to CBBE just right now and no idea if we ever will.

Such as Muscular or Toned Bodies, kinda of big selling point though...

Although the Pictures people often show might suggest otherwise you can make petite non-athlete bodies real easily with the sliders in the main bodyslide interface that CBBE'ers also use.

You can make some awefully thick characters and also very dieseled looking women....Also you can do a petite character and right now I have a character that looks just like Sevenbase so Im happy.

"You also make it sound like most outfit or armor mods are pretty much incompatible with it"

You can still use the outfits, it just makes mixing armor parts with home made outfits hard which is already aweful with CBBE stuff to begin with.

The skins wont be messed up as both bodies use the same skin textures as CBBE...Atomic B has the same UV maps.

Example, Im currently using FSM body textures.  I have some CBBE mods installed right now such as Crickets Caravan she looks just fine to me.  I have Fusion City Rising Installed all the females in the club look fine.

"Do body physics (such as they currently are) work with her?"

Yes physics work, 

I have Easy Girl Outfits for Atomic B in my game right now and these are only available for AB in physics.

" mods that alter the way a character walks or moves work right?"

All animation mods work for AB.

It doesn't matter what body your using animations are fine.

The only thing that is an issue is added mod outfits, not sure where you got the idea that it was that plus everything else.

"'would you like to overwrite"

I would say in most cases overwrite is the thing to do.  I haven't run into issues with OVerwrite in Fo4 like I have with Skyrim where a super level of anal retintivness is required for awesome level of play with mods or sometimes any kind of play lolz.

If you have questions though I can try to address them to the best of my ability...There are a few trap mods I have run across for Fo4,

Like Varied Raiders, 2K HD face textures these cause stutter ><

Also Scrap Everything is actually pretty trap mod cause it turns of Precombined Meshes which for low end machines is very trap....High end machine probably not an issue.

You keep downing yourself but the thing is even I started at zero with modding...Heck I have an arts background in guess what drawing and painting...My highest level of computing skill before modding was Word Processor applications ><

Now I make mods and have skills using over a dozen applications and can seriously trouble shoot my own machine back from deaths door.

Sorry, but in the point Bodyslide I have to contradict - at least partially. ;)
Bodyslide and Outfitstudio was not restricted for Skyrim and not for FO4.

There are all possibilities to do something. Nobody restricts you in your creativity or diligence.

If you work with the standard meshes (for example, CBBE), there are many more options in FO4's BS / OS than in Skyrim.

BS or OS does not stop you from creating new morphs or using completely different meshes. Neither in Skyrim, nor in FO 4.

The fact that there are far fewer mods for FO4 and less for BS / OS has nothing to do with BS / OS, but with the game itself.

The possibilities of BS / OS are just as good in FO4 - and who uses standards - like CBBE - even better than in Syyrim.

If the author of Atomic Beauty or this scrap as Cherry's desaster Skin for Havok - please. It is not a problem of tools (BS / OS) - but awkward craftsmen.

30 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Sorry, but in the point Bodyslide I have to contradict - at least partially. ;)
Bodyslide and Outfitstudio was not restricted for Skyrim and not for FO4.

There are all possibilities to do something. Nobody restricts you in your creativity or diligence.

If you work with the standard meshes (for example, CBBE), there are many more options in FO4's BS / OS than in Skyrim.

BS or OS does not stop you from creating new morphs or using completely different meshes. Neither in Skyrim, nor in FO 4.

The fact that there are far fewer mods for FO4 and less for BS / OS has nothing to do with BS / OS, but with the game itself.

The possibilities of BS / OS are just as good in FO4 - and who uses standards - like CBBE - even better than in Syyrim.

If the author of Atomic Beauty or this scrap as Cherry's desaster Skin for Havok - please. It is not a problem of tools (BS / OS) - but awkward craftsmen.

Unrelated to what is being discussed.

3 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

Im going to have to answer this in parts,

"It sounds like it's less versatile in Bodyslide, offering fewer options in terms of shape."

Yes and No...

Yes its not going to offer as many options, its going to be impossible to make fat characters sorry just no way to say it nicely.

Also there is a key selling point for some that I noticed that Atomic Beauty cant handle at all and that's pregnancy morphs.

Explained, right now there is only 1 pregnancy mod that I know of and its a fairly straight up adult mod...Skyrim has a wide range of mods featuring pregnancy and even an actual Romance mod that features a whole simulated family playthrough called Romance...Fo4 doesn't have anything like that so right now its not a huge deal.

And its No cause you get other options not really available to CBBE just right now and no idea if we ever will.

Such as Muscular or Toned Bodies, kinda of big selling point though...

Although the Pictures people often show might suggest otherwise you can make petite non-athlete bodies real easily with the sliders in the main bodyslide interface that CBBE'ers also use.

You can make some awefully thick characters and also very dieseled looking women....Also you can do a petite character and right now I have a character that looks just like Sevenbase so Im happy.

"You also make it sound like most outfit or armor mods are pretty much incompatible with it"

You can still use the outfits, it just makes mixing armor parts with home made outfits hard which is already aweful with CBBE stuff to begin with.

The skins wont be messed up as both bodies use the same skin textures as CBBE...Atomic B has the same UV maps.

Example, Im currently using FSM body textures.  I have some CBBE mods installed right now such as Crickets Caravan she looks just fine to me.  I have Fusion City Rising Installed all the females in the club look fine.

"Do body physics (such as they currently are) work with her?"

Yes physics work, 

I have Easy Girl Outfits for Atomic B in my game right now and these are only available for AB in physics.

" mods that alter the way a character walks or moves work right?"

All animation mods work for AB.

It doesn't matter what body your using animations are fine.

The only thing that is an issue is added mod outfits, not sure where you got the idea that it was that plus everything else.

"'would you like to overwrite"

I would say in most cases overwrite is the thing to do.  I haven't run into issues with OVerwrite in Fo4 like I have with Skyrim where a super level of anal retintivness is required for awesome level of play with mods or sometimes any kind of play lolz.

If you have questions though I can try to address them to the best of my ability...There are a few trap mods I have run across for Fo4,

Like Varied Raiders, 2K HD face textures these cause stutter ><

Also Scrap Everything is actually pretty trap mod cause it turns of Precombined Meshes which for low end machines is very trap....High end machine probably not an issue.

You keep downing yourself but the thing is even I started at zero with modding...Heck I have an arts background in guess what drawing and painting...My highest level of computing skill before modding was Word Processor applications ><

Now I make mods and have skills using over a dozen applications and can seriously trouble shoot my own machine back from deaths door.

Thank you for all of that!  It's rare I find a forum user who's willing to stick with me through my (admittedly) long-winded posting style, much less respond in kind!  A helpful answer to just about every question I've asked so far! XD  You are most kind.  Also, your encouragement is very appreciated!  I don't really think of myself as a pessimist that puts himself down, but rather an optimist who embraces his strengths, and acknowledges my limits.  I can write and type exceedingly well.  I can create thought out questions, and express them in easy to grasp terms.  I can inspire discussion and debate, provided forum goers are willing to engage in a more detail-oriented manner.  I can offer constructive ideas, and have a knack for discovering flaws in everything from mod design to grammar (I DO have an exceedingly sharp skill for grammar, I just find myself more comfortable with a style of writing that doesn't strictly adhere to the norm, hence the frequent use of parenthesizes, capitalized words, and ellipses).  On the other hand, I know that my spelling is atrocious (and Chrome's spell-check auto-function is rather lacking, hence why these posts take so long to type out).  I know that my OCD tendencies means I will rarely be satisfied with the results I produce in artistic endeavors, and getting there in the first place will be both FAR more time consuming than necessary and frustratingly boring to slog through (I am attempting to get into building Gundam models with a friend........he finished two VERY complicated kits while we were working in the living-room in the time it took me to finish a LEG on a much simpler model, as I found myself spending up to ten minutes on every single piece just trying to smooth out the nub marks from the sprue).  I know that I have very little patience for trial and error, and take failures badly.  I know I have difficulties with learning new skills, partially due to some mild PTSD from events throughout my school years.  I know that when presented with multiple choices and complex systems, I quickly become overwhelmed and get exceedingly anxious.

My point being, I will never be a modder in my own right, or even fully confident in using the mods created by others.  My skills don't lay in that area, and the work required to become proficient would be more scary and frustrating than rewarding.  My lack of patience would be a hindrance, and my tendency towards perfection would be overly time-consuming and rarely lead to my being satisfied.  Thus, I attempt to contribute by starting discussion, and getting folks talking or thinking. ^_^  I play to my skills, and will hopefully end up making a difference on sites such as this in my own way.

In the meantime, I appreciate folks like you who will bare with me, and help me learn what I need to in a way that works for me (I find I learn best by engaging with actual people, asking questions and receiving answers, and video or written tutorials that go on for hours at a time are something I just can't take in properly).

ANYWAYS, back on topic.  You've offered to answer some questions, and if you're still willing, I'd like to take you up on that!  First, do you know why so many skin textures that come out seem so......dull?  Everything feels dark, and dry, and unwelcoming.  Shadows fall on them in awkward ways, light doesn't seem to reflect off them correctly, and everything just looks so FAKE. 

My own guess is that it is a combination of uncanny valley (what with their attempts to create near photo-realistic skin) and said attempts at realism failing to hit the mark....not to mention simply feeling out of place in a bright, colorful game world.  My own preference leans towards the shiney, wet, glistening bodies.  The ones that seem so silky smooth that light reflects right off them.  They may not look realistic, but then, realism isn't what I signed up for in the first place.  I'm pretty sure realism went RIGHT out the window when we started using bodyslide to create ladies with breasts bigger than watermelons and waists thinner than their head, then putting their pencil thin ankles in heels that pretty much BREAK how legs work in the first place. :P  JESSICA RABBIT would look at the pics on the picture sharing forum and call them "over the top".  Any good options for Atomic there?  The big deciding factor would be that the skin would need to effect both the body AND the head, and line up properly.  That's a rarity in skin mods as is, and the less realistic skin textures aren't often supported well.  Also, most of the bigger character overhauls used to pretty up NPCs go for the dry, super-realistic textures as necessary requirements these days. ><  And even if we just go with the more fun options, most of them are turn out to be strictly for CBBE anyways.........and seem to require being reloaded every other day due to glitching out.  Thoughts?

1 hour ago, tm2dragon said:

ANYWAYS, back on topic.  You've offered to answer some questions, and if you're still willing, I'd like to take you up on that!  First, do you know why so many skin textures that come out seem so......dull?  Everything feels dark, and dry, and unwelcoming.  Shadows fall on them in awkward ways, light doesn't seem to reflect off them correctly, and everything just looks so FAKE. 

My own guess is that it is a combination of uncanny valley (what with their attempts to create near photo-realistic skin) and said attempts at realism failing to hit the mark....not to mention simply feeling out of place in a bright, colorful game world.  My own preference leans towards the shiney, wet, glistening bodies.  The ones that seem so silky smooth that light reflects right off them.  They may not look realistic, but then, realism isn't what I signed up for in the first place.  I'm pretty sure realism went RIGHT out the window when we started using bodyslide to create ladies with breasts bigger than watermelons and waists thinner than their head, then putting their pencil thin ankles in heels that pretty much BREAK how legs work in the first place. :P  JESSICA RABBIT would look at the pics on the picture sharing forum and call them "over the top".  Any good options for Atomic there?  The big deciding factor would be that the skin would need to effect both the body AND the head, and line up properly.  That's a rarity in skin mods as is, and the less realistic skin textures aren't often supported well.  Also, most of the bigger character overhauls used to pretty up NPCs go for the dry, super-realistic textures as necessary requirements these days. ><  And even if we just go with the more fun options, most of them are turn out to be strictly for CBBE anyways.........and seem to require being reloaded every other day due to glitching out.  Thoughts?

Topic Skin Texture for Body/Face

Have you not tried to install these?

FSM Body Textures - CBBE Texture Mashup

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24741

Quick Note here, version 4.01 the face textures don't seem to be packaged correctly so I got the black face bug...

So download from the old files -->FSM Body Textures 4.0 - Base Female <---

No idea why the author hasn't packaged this suite of textures more properly.

Version 4.0 has matching face textures.

As I mentioned earlier it doesn't work very well with CBBE-Sevenbase, nothing at the moment does and for some reason a lot of the CBBE Bodies can have issues with any texture under the right lighting conditions.  I haven't had the same experience with the Atomic Beauty body though, the face and body textures there work really well.

Now the reason why not only the myself but other posters have directed you to this Suite is that for one, it comes with every current body and skin texture available packed into its file archieve...So if we cant find a decent enough texture to suit your needs well than it doesn't exist just yet.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic, Faces getting bugged or "Black Face" during play,

Specifically in Fallout 4, this happens mostly due to the following reason, which is not admittedly easily explained or prominently made known where players can become aware of the issue and what causes it.

The Issue "Black Face"

Why it happens, the colors that make up the characters face have all got to be the same resolution size.

What makes up a face?

Face

Eyebrows

FaceMask aka Makeup

Beard

Possibly more like Tattoos and other stuff that I don't know about

My Point is that all of those above should all be matched to say 512 vanilla or it might be 1024.  These can be 2048 called 2K or 4096 called 4K.

The trouble for us end-users is that there are a ton of mods floating around where people posted specific elements in whatever size and likely didn't know it would cause an issue, heck a lot of those guys might not be still playing the game at all.

How to avoid Blackface,

This is the trick right?  Well for starters all your face textures have to be the same size so what you want to do is avoid downloading and using face textures your not sure about.

Ideally we would just leave it at default until we found a complete suite that would overwrite all the data to be the same size.

Of course Loading up a save game should temporarily resolve the issue.

Then there is the other thing, if the face is good and truly black....You may have just run out of video ram and simply need to load up the game to clear out the VRAM cache.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So NPC Overhauls,

I stay away from them for the time being,

Had a bad experience with this one here,

Varied Raiders

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15780

Straight from its bug section, "This mod causes freezes in raider heavy area's, not total freezing but kinda like really bad stagger for a few seconds, makes it impossible to aim your weapon"

My experience with the mod was that statement is true, it causes stutter...So its not in my game anymore.

Better Settlers

Im not using it, had a few bad experiences with the module besides Im not too keen on all the mods I have to install to use it plus it removes Ghouls.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To be entirely honest even if I were to say post my load order up here for Fo4, yes it'd look like a lot of mods but....Its not

TrueStorms takes 4 ESP's

Quiter Settlements -3 ESPs

3D Scopes taking -5 ESPs

Sim Settlments and a whole bunch of stuff in its framework take up 14 slots

Another dozen Settlement additions like "Thematic and Practical"

Another dozen Foreplay Framework mods...

Anyway NPC overhauls....

I have

RaiderOvehaul but it doesn't make em look pretty and you know what Im ok with that.

The new settlers a plus Overhaul vanilla, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5038/ doesn't replace them...just adds a dozen more to the list of settlers, plus they have a washed face.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall though, I didn't just push all of the mods into my load order and then finally start playing...

I tinkered with it, then play...See something I need to fix tinker some more....Think of something I might want in my game search the internet for it, download it tinker and play some more...

A load order your happy with comes in time.

I may not have been happy with the skin textures not working on CBBE or the mesh work done on the vanilla armor sets so I just kept searching around and trying stuff out till I got something I liked.

3 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

Topic Skin Texture for Body/Face

Have you not tried to install these?

FSM Body Textures - CBBE Texture Mashup

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24741

Quick Note here, version 4.01 the face textures don't seem to be packaged correctly so I got the black face bug...

So download from the old files -->FSM Body Textures 4.0 - Base Female <---

No idea why the author hasn't packaged this suite of textures more properly.

Version 4.0 has matching face textures.

As I mentioned earlier it doesn't work very well with CBBE-Sevenbase, nothing at the moment does and for some reason a lot of the CBBE Bodies can have issues with any texture under the right lighting conditions.  I haven't had the same experience with the Atomic Beauty body though, the face and body textures there work really well.

Now the reason why not only the myself but other posters have directed you to this Suite is that for one, it comes with every current body and skin texture available packed into its file archieve...So if we cant find a decent enough texture to suit your needs well than it doesn't exist just yet.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic, Faces getting bugged or "Black Face" during play,

Specifically in Fallout 4, this happens mostly due to the following reason, which is not admittedly easily explained or prominently made known where players can become aware of the issue and what causes it.

The Issue "Black Face"

Why it happens, the colors that make up the characters face have all got to be the same resolution size.

What makes up a face?

Face

Eyebrows

FaceMask aka Makeup

Beard

Possibly more like Tattoos and other stuff that I don't know about

My Point is that all of those above should all be matched to say 512 vanilla or it might be 1024.  These can be 2048 called 2K or 4096 called 4K.

The trouble for us end-users is that there are a ton of mods floating around where people posted specific elements in whatever size and likely didn't know it would cause an issue, heck a lot of those guys might not be still playing the game at all.

How to avoid Blackface,

This is the trick right?  Well for starters all your face textures have to be the same size so what you want to do is avoid downloading and using face textures your not sure about.

Ideally we would just leave it at default until we found a complete suite that would overwrite all the data to be the same size.

Of course Loading up a save game should temporarily resolve the issue.

Then there is the other thing, if the face is good and truly black....You may have just run out of video ram and simply need to load up the game to clear out the VRAM cache.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So NPC Overhauls,

I stay away from them for the time being,

Had a bad experience with this one here,

Varied Raiders

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15780

Straight from its bug section, "This mod causes freezes in raider heavy area's, not total freezing but kinda like really bad stagger for a few seconds, makes it impossible to aim your weapon"

My experience with the mod was that statement is true, it causes stutter...So its not in my game anymore.

Better Settlers

Im not using it, had a few bad experiences with the module besides Im not too keen on all the mods I have to install to use it plus it removes Ghouls.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To be entirely honest even if I were to say post my load order up here for Fo4, yes it'd look like a lot of mods but....Its not

TrueStorms takes 4 ESP's

Quiter Settlements -3 ESPs

3D Scopes taking -5 ESPs

Sim Settlments and a whole bunch of stuff in its framework take up 14 slots

Another dozen Settlement additions like "Thematic and Practical"

Another dozen Foreplay Framework mods...

Anyway NPC overhauls....

I have

RaiderOvehaul but it doesn't make em look pretty and you know what Im ok with that.

The new settlers a plus Overhaul vanilla, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5038/ doesn't replace them...just adds a dozen more to the list of settlers, plus they have a washed face.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall though, I didn't just push all of the mods into my load order and then finally start playing...

I tinkered with it, then play...See something I need to fix tinker some more....Think of something I might want in my game search the internet for it, download it tinker and play some more...

A load order your happy with comes in time.

I may not have been happy with the skin textures not working on CBBE or the mesh work done on the vanilla armor sets so I just kept searching around and trying stuff out till I got something I liked.

Thanks for all that!  Just gave the body a nice long try.  Sadly, won't work out for me. ><  I prefer to start my gals out flat, scrawny, and petite, then work my way up as I see fit.  Hyper muscled and huge are basically the opposites of my tastes. T_T  I'll admit HAPPILY that it had a lot of great features, and CBBE could take a few notes from this!  Sadly, I can see that getting things set up in a way that pleases me will be a LOT easier with CBBE.  I'm one of those folks that honestly liked UNP Slim, though I never did a full play-through with it.  I think I get just why Atomic Beauty is the way it is now.  It's a very clever body mod, that does things others can't.......but that is because it is designed for an entirely different demographic!  I seems less like on mod or the other having better sliders, and more like both going for very different approaches.  So yeah, unless something miraculous comes out that offers more flexibility than either one, I'm stuck with CBBE for now.  Which I guess work in my favor, as I have more options to choose from! ^_^  Sorry for it didn't work out.  You mind if I ask a couple more things while we're on the topic of Bodyslide?  Cause I've been having some WEIRD issues, and it's kind of getting on my nerves.

I won't start another topic since there's one here. I'm looking for a body mod like Leyenda Skin 4.0 CBBE 4K that was made for skyrim. Also i'm looking for untame hairy pussy option that was in PubicMeshColorRE.esm that was in All-in-One HDT Animated Pussy 3.3. 

I know that the mods that I mentioned were for skyrim. But i just got the Fallout 4 game about 4 days ago and didn't getting it in the past when it first came out because i had medical problems years ago where i stopped playing any game or anything with my PC for 2 years. In other words i wasn't myself but I'm fine now and I'm trying to find out some of these skin mods that may have been made for Fallout 4.

Doe's anybody know of any of these mods that i mentioned that could have similar mods that could add the stuff into fallout 4. 

Sorry about telling my life story and thank in advance. 

I'm not even sure if what I'm asking is in the right topic so sorry if it's not.

Archived