F4SE Obsolete?

Hey guys, First off, RL has been insanely busy so I haven't been able to keep up with LoversLab. So if this has been discussed I apologize, and please just post a link to the applicable thread. 

With my F4SE currently outdated and with no obivious update ready to go. I found I was able to access my game and use the mods on the normal start up. Mods that previously required the F4SE. 

Has F4 updated past the need for the F4SE? Has anyone heard anything?

10 minutes ago, MainMansrevenge said:

Well before it would just give me an updated installer to download and I would install it, no problem. Now, It's giving me a full file of stuff and the Loader can't find the Fallout4.exe file so I'm not sure what's going on?

I sent them an e-mail but I'm not optimistic about a reply. 

I use the manual version with no problems so far. Once downloaded open archive with 7zip, highlight everything and drag it into your Fallout 4 folder which has the Fallout4.exe in it. Overwrite if you have an old version of F4SE already installed. The F4SE launcher is one of the files you copied into FO4 if you have never had to find that before.

While F4SE was updated to run with FO4 version 1.10.50 many (but not all) of the mods that depend on it have been.  Notably, Crafting Highlight Fix has not yet been updated, and is known to cause crashes on game load when outdated.

All that being the case, I did update to the most newest F4SE a few hours ago, updated a number of underlying mods (LooksMenu, Extended Dialogue, and a few others), removed Crafting Highlight Fix, and my game still crashed.  I'm wondering if the FourPLay mods here require the updated version as well.

At any rate, I followed (these instructions) to back-date my game to 1.10.40 and have been happily using the older version in the meantime.  Note, that this involves using Steam to download an older version of FO4 from the Steam database.  It is not a cracked version or otherwise pirated fallout4.exe file method.  What these instructions walk you through is downloading an older fallout4.exe executable.  It is recommend to save your most recent fallout4.exe as a back-up for when F4SE and other mods have been updated.

I updated F4SE to 0.6.4 with 1.10.40, checked the few mods I have that require xx.xx.xx builds of FO4 and F4SE and have run it with no problems.  

So I'm guessing like that Crafting Highlight Fix you mentioned you must have another mod in your load order that is build specific you need to get updated.

3 hours ago, Vuulgar said:

I use the manual version with no problems so far. Once downloaded open archive with 7zip, highlight everything and drag it into your Fallout 4 folder which has the Fallout4.exe in it. Overwrite if you have an old version of F4SE already installed. The F4SE launcher is one of the files you copied into FO4 if you have never had to find that before.

Sounds good, Could you clarify what file is called Archive? Sorry still rusty at this.

40 minutes ago, ercramer69 said:

I updated F4SE to 0.6.4 with 1.10.40, checked the few mods I have that require xx.xx.xx builds of FO4 and F4SE and have run it with no problems.  

So I'm guessing like that Crafting Highlight Fix you mentioned you must have another mod in your load order that is build specific you need to get updated.

Dunno, I suppose Doc Cox Sex mod is the only one that needs it. Odd thing is, I've been running it without activating the Script Extender. 

Archived