Sims, and the problem with Disks

While i enjoy playing Sims 3 on my pc (i own none of the expansions, so i bet this will basically prevent me from modding it at all),

My problem is i have the old physical copy of the game.

You know the type: the ones where the DRM of sorts is you need to keep the disk in the drive, potentially making your PC overheat faster?

I just wish there was a version of it I could use where I dont have to do that (or hell, even find a like no-cd patch / find a working Disk Image loader that ISNT daemontools, cuz that program always gives me viruses)

15 minutes ago, Jolie Rouge said:

Nraas No CD does the job. 

okie. does me only having the base game kinda exclude me from modding? (more specifically the mods here on loverslab)

No, unless otherwise specified, regular mods should be compatible with even just the base game alone, as long as your patch number matches.

However, especially when it comes to user-made houses, sims, etc. you might find that some items are missing in your game, because the author forgot to list the relevant expansion packs as required.

2 hours ago, tanookitamatachi said:

No, unless otherwise specified, regular mods should be compatible with even just the base game alone, as long as your patch number matches.

However, especially when it comes to user-made houses, sims, etc. you might find that some items are missing in your game, because the author forgot to list the relevant expansion packs as required.

eh, im more concerned with mods that change gameplay mechanics (like the loverslab stuff) and add in new stuff like clothing and what not.

But okie~

• 3 weeks later...

Having the disks is superior to having to run Origin, trust me!

I actually bought 3 expansions on Amazon and deleted the 'online' only expansions since they required a fresh install from EA  >.<

I run my sims 3 on a separate SSD, along with the sims 3 docs/saves being on the default SSD alongside windows. Using the No CD mentioned above, I can't get much better performance considering the obscene amount of CC I use. Occasionally I will save every household to the library, start a new game and delete/replace each one since the saves will approach the memory limit for the game (including the memory limit increase ini).

Archived