Skyrim causing memory leaking issue, Any fixes?

SkeletonGunn

I have 16 gb of ddr4 and I have task manager open on my other monitor skyrim gets to about 2800mb of use and then it either freezes or crashes. Total when skyrim is running only 30% of my memory is being used. There is no strain on my GPU either (only 40% used in high traffic areas) but then it still crashes. I used ssme and the same problems still persist.

ytwephO.png

10 hours ago, jennievm said:

Question are you running skyrim without out skse ? Looks to me like you need that memory patch as its just under 3gb which is the limit that be used before skyrim start messing up.

I am running skse through MO, when I search for "4gb" on nexus I get this tutorial and the author says the following "*NOTE* This is no longer needed but i am still keeping this up as a tutorial so people can use this on basically anything*NOTE*"

3 hours ago, SkeletonGunn said:

I am running skse through MO, when I search for "4gb" on nexus I get this tutorial and the author says the following "*NOTE* This is no longer needed but i am still keeping this up as a tutorial so people can use this on basically anything*NOTE*"

Ok cool ye no the mem patch is build into skse now.That is why I asked anyway now that its out of the way. I'm sure you got it but are you running enboost ? If you don't Id highly reccomend getting that and running it with the speedhack enabled unless you are planning on running an actual enb. It will most deffinitely help you out with memory usage and game performance. Also have a look at your ini files ? Get bethini an amazing tool for sorting those ini files for you.  

On 11/28/2017 at 1:17 PM, jennievm said:

Ok cool ye no the mem patch is build into skse now.That is why I asked anyway now that its out of the way. I'm sure you got it but are you running enboost ? If you don't Id highly reccomend getting that and running it with the speedhack enabled unless you are planning on running an actual enb. It will most deffinitely help you out with memory usage and game performance. Also have a look at your ini files ? Get bethini an amazing tool for sorting those ini files for you.  

I am running enb boost but my it causes my HDT equipment to flicker and spaz out, do you know what the author is saying?

• "Sometimes the physics freak out (usually relates to .xml file and other variables, such as system setup, ENBs, render settings, vsync, time-scaling and/or frame/altering mods).Some have said capping the frames-per-second to about 50 or 60, disabling v-sync, and/or enabling WaitBusyRender will help remedy this. The frame rate does have an impact on how the physics is calculated with the HDTPE plugin, so do keep that in mind. This is an HDTPE plugin issue, not an issue with this mod in particular. For more support or information, please visit HDT Physics Extension for Skyrim." 

20171129154430_1.jpg

Oh ye skyrim is known for physics going crazy if you fps is not capped at 60fps. stuff just acting crazy like bouncing wagons for example. Capping is not perfect tho you will still get the odd thing doing weird stuff. The physics extension is needed for everything using HDT so thats a must have. But you got a pretty decent pc so it might help you to cap your fps. I don't cap mine because my pc is pretty old I only get about 20fps with all my mods

On 28/11/2017 at 6:36 PM, SkeletonGunn said:

update: SSME is working properly and so is my Ugrids load, I also disabled a bunch of textures and the ram usage has gone down but there are still random CTD

1510121135421.jpg

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/?

Q: What does this do?
A: Sheson discovered that if you make Skyrim allocate more memory initially, it prevents crashes that occur later when that first allocated chunk runs out and Skyrim allocates a second chunk. SSME aims to be a very simple way to patch Skyrim so it allocates more memory.

using ssme or not have nothing to do with allowing skyrim to use more than 3.1 gb

it's enbhost.exe for that

Archived