Chrome-tipped/trimmed boots?

Working on one of my mashups and I'd like to use a pair of boots which are leather but with reflective metal accents. I was originally going to modify the Vampire boots since that would be easy, but realized the metal bits don't have a separate texture for the metallic areas.

Currently, I'm going to use the BDO Karlstein boots, which are fine (except for that goofy Mad Max knee bracket), but I'll have to reform them in outfit studio to get both male & female versions.

I just figured I'd ask in case there was another set out there in both male & female versions already (and which don't have the knee bracket), which might save me a bit of time.

Thanks!

Well, what happened was I wound up using the Vampire boots in another mashup I was already doing where they fit better anyway! So no need there. But thanks for the offer :)

Still wondering about Karlstein alternatives, but if there's no immediate suggestions, then durdling in outfit studio will have to do.

• 2 months later...
On 23/11/2017 at 7:43 PM, morgananinuala said:

I can set it up for you tommorrow, if you like, it'd be easy.

Hi folks,

Just a little bump here since I wanted to go with morgananinuala's suggestion to add an environment map to the metal bits on the boots. I know how to edit the .dds and I've read some tutorials on mapping before, but it's been a while and I'm not sure which values to choose and exactly how to choose them. Any good tutorials on adding an environment map to a .dds that didn't originally have one?

Archived