NEED HELP WITH BLENDER PLUGINS

YodaStitch2001

Here is the problem there is zip file inside a zip file you must open the zip file pull that other zip file out then hit user preferences - install from from file select that zip file you pulled out of the zip file and it'll appear like it should and then just select it. I tried installing one of them and nothing happened so I then I opened the file to see how it looked inside (one of the things you get used to doing when playing betheseda games) and I was like ahh I bet this is the reason right here so I tested it and I was right. So I would open all of the files from that place and pull the zip files out of them if there is one in them and you should be able to add the addons without a problem.

4 hours ago, myuhinny said:

Here is the problem there is zip file inside a zip file you must open the zip file pull that other zip file out then hit user preferences - install from from file select that zip file you pulled out of the zip file and it'll appear like it should and then just select it. I tried installing one of them and nothing happened so I then I opened the file to see how it looked inside (one of the things you get used to doing when playing betheseda games) and I was like ahh I bet this is the reason right here so I tested it and I was right. So I would open all of the files from that place and pull the zip files out of them if there is one in them and you should be able to add the addons without a problem.

Thanks myuhinny, you got it right in one guess :blush:

1 hour ago, LGMODS said:

TMC script is only for import not export too.

Indeed, time to get better aquainted with polygon insert tool and LR photo studio.

Your welcome and thank you for the mediafire link now I can port TMC files right into blender without having to use the other tool to export the stuff out in .OBJ format and the files have rigging as well.

I have one question is one of those files on the mediafire page allow you to import the textures into blender so that it renders while you are working on it as that would be very helpful when whacking parts off and not accidentally whacking past a spot that you wanted to save?  I haven't really ever used blender to render anything in it so not sure if you can or not.

1 hour ago, myuhinny said:

I have one question is one of those files on the mediafire page allow you to import the textures into blender so that it renders while you are working on it as that would be very helpful when whacking parts off and not accidentally whacking past a spot that you wanted to save?  I haven't really ever used blender to render anything in it so not sure if you can or not.

That's a good question, I know you can render textures in blender, and I found that you can extract all textures from a .TMC file when you import it in blender, but I can't find a way to actually render them.

I'm also noobish with blender though, so I'll just save often and check my edits with LR photo studio.

Hi guys, I also use blender and these pluggins a lot, there is a way to put your textures while you're editing meshes

you just need a couple of meshes from your TMC file of tmcmesh

1. Make sure this option says ''textured''

2. Click and

3. Select UV Editing

blendr1.thumb.jpg.885914a221f47ba9dc4bb47e681b3cd1.jpg

then you will get this screen and

4. select ''edit mode''

5. click and

6. select ''texture''

7. click and search your .DDS texture file

blendr3.thumb.jpg.5bac1d14409e27051b0e7674215d8c79.jpg

Once you got your texture imported, select your mesh and

8. click ''View Global/local'' option, you'll get this screen:

blendr4.thumb.jpg.d3ec0da3e75f6abffa9363f099ec7a16.jpg

you can also select multiple meshes and with the previous option you can assign their textures and edit your mesh to fit other textures

blendr5.thumb.jpg.77178fafcc97e43bea296d19d17009d5.jpg

I hope you find this useful, I'd like to see other tips and options for blender.

@funnybunny666

Thank you for the tutorial. Though I'm using version 2.78 and I don't see any of those options you have selected showing up in my blender. What do you all have to have installed for this to work? So far I have import TMC and import TMCmesh installed but only have TMC files. 

1 hour ago, funnybunny666 said:

I hope you find this useful, I'd like to see other tips and options for blender.

I do find it useful, thanks, and any other tip is indeed welcome !

@myuhinni: I can't be sure for the 2.78 blender version, but for mine (2.79), steps 1 and 8 of the tutorial are not necessary. you should still be able to identify every other steps though.

Don't forget to check "set texture settings" and "extract textures" when you import a TMC file (that would be the step 0.

31 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

@funnybunny666

Thank you for the tutorial. Though I'm using version 2.78 and I don't see any of those options you have selected showing up in my blender. What do you all have to have installed for this to work? So far I have import TMC and import TMCmesh installed but only have TMC files. 

I'm using blender 2.77(portable), did you make sure to activate your plugins?

Not sure what all needs to be installed. I was only using the TMC converter to convert the files to .OBJ format till I found the file to import them directly into blender and I only downloaded the import TCM file and TMCmesh so not sure if I have all of the required files or not.

9 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

Not sure what all needs to be activated and installed. I was only using the TMC converter to convert the files to .OBJ format till I found the file to import them directly into blender and I only downloaded the import TCM file and TMCmesh so not sure if I have all of the required files or not.

Open blender and

1. Click File in ''User Preferences'', will pop up a window

2. Install from file it can be the .py or .zip

3. Search your plug in

4. Mark the box to activate it

5. Save settings

blendrplug.thumb.jpg.a1cdc0540f1b00760f66b313c0ec6a46.jpg

I know how to install the plugins and activate them guess I should of left the activate part out. I just don't know if I have installed all of the needed files. Looks like I must need to download a shit ton more stuff as I only have 5 things installed under user tab.

Spoiler

Untitled.png

**Edit added whatever was on the blender page on the mediafire link page. So there are a few new ones now.

Spoiler

Untitled.png

Archived