Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

16 minutes ago, Dreamcaster said:

Release please

One of the problems with using third party post processing for ambient occlusion (or any depth buffer shader) is that it displays on top of UI elements, which can be rather annoying for general use.

mmmupi.jpg

I'm not sure if this is something people would want to tolerate. 

8 minutes ago, Beach Paradise Team said:

One of the problems with using third party post processing for ambient occlusion (or any depth buffer shader) is that it displays on top of UI elements, which can be rather annoying for general use.

mmmupi.jpg

I'm not sure if this is something people would want to tolerate. 

Can it be toggled while in game?

Yet another issue is you need to manually select the depth buffer from the buffer list in the reshade UI each time you launch the game as far as I can tell. I'm not sure if this is a nuance of the latest Reshade 4.0 release or not because I don't remember having to do it on every launch. This again seems like another significant inconvenience. 

I actually found out how to save the buffer detection... simple checkbox. 

Here's the reshade files. Stick the contents of this archive in your DOAXVV executable directory. I believe you will have to manually select the config from a dropdown list in the reshade UI which you can bring up by pressing the home button on your keyboard by default. Please let me know if there are any issues or difficulties installing aside from the ones I've mentioned.

https://files.catbox.moe/5wxcr9.7z

17 minutes ago, Beach Paradise Team said:

Here's the reshade files. Stick the contents of this archive in your DOAXVV executable directory. I believe you will have to manually select the config from a dropdown list in the reshade UI which you can bring up by pressing the home button on your keyboard by default. Please let me know if there are any issues or difficulties installing aside from the ones I've mentioned.

https://files.catbox.moe/5wxcr9.7z

Thanks, no problems installing, very easy

1412380123_DOAX_VV2018-11-2015-19-59.png.2d77c76760b763aea9d7f41bafc05415.png

My problem is mainly that I have a config INI for the game, but Reshade's really annoying configured to point to a specific install directory to find it making them difficult to share. I'm not sure if you actually selected the config because of that, or if you just checked the MXAO box off without any of my configurations. 

4 hours ago, Beach Paradise Team said:

Made a reshade config for DOAXVV, unfortunately the ambient occlusion (depth buffer shader) shows on top of the UI elements so I may not release it. Still looks very nice for taking photos.

Spoiler

lhwue6.jpg

I've also experimented with ReShade configs for several months. I adapted one I found earlier and made a gallery of screenshots in 4K, if anyone is interested. I think it looks pretty good :) https://imgur.com/gallery/k2fJbei

I've since moved on to my own config (still a work-in-progress) but I'll definitely check out the one just posted and compare with my own one :)

3 minutes ago, Jumeng said:

I've experimented with ReShade configs for several months. I adapted one I found earlier and made a gallery of screenshots in 4K, in anyone is interested. I think it looks pretty good :)

https://imgur.com/a/k2fJbei

I've since moved on to my own config (still a work-in-progress) but I'll definitely check out the one just posted and compare with my own one :)

Wow, makes the game look rich in color. Some nice pictures can be taken with that.