Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

So uh, found a problem with one of the old mods for Hitomi's permanent SSR costume. Dunno who made it, but I thought it'd be prudent to bring this up.

So I found out that if you disable the bikini bottom but keep her pants on, whenever she bends down the pants textures get overlapped with the body, and it looks pretty damn bad lol. Any fixes?

DOAX-VenusVacation_181013_042407.jpg

8 minutes ago, farranpoison said:

So uh, found a problem with one of the old mods for Hitomi's permanent SSR costume. Dunno who made it, but I thought it'd be prudent to bring this up.

So I found out that if you disable the bikini bottom but keep her pants on, whenever she bends down the pants textures get overlapped with the body, and it looks pretty damn bad lol. Any fixes?

DOAX-VenusVacation_181013_042407.jpg

Many mods that build a replacement body off of the WhiteLaceNude or SquareBikiniNude bodies have this problem.  It's because the hips on that body are slightly higher in the front due to whatever carried over in the original weight transfer.  For this reason when I mod costumes I do not use those bodies in their entirety / large chunks but instead use them to patch holes in the existing body mesh and transfer weights to that.

In short, the only way to 'fix' it is to build a better-fitting body replacement yourself.

58 minutes ago, tdurden said:

Many mods that build a replacement body off of the WhiteLaceNude or SquareBikiniNude bodies have this problem.  It's because the hips on that body are slightly higher in the front due to whatever carried over in the original weight transfer.  For this reason when I mod costumes I do not use those bodies in their entirety / large chunks but instead use them to patch holes in the existing body mesh and transfer weights to that.

In short, the only way to 'fix' it is to build a better-fitting body replacement yourself.

Its a bit different than that. You see the bodies with panties have extra cuts in the mesh to simulate flesh bulge and similiar. Like there is a tight slip presseing against the hip and deforming it. The nude body doesnt have this, so bending it at the hip results in this way when you have panties.

3 hours ago, knight77 said:

Its a bit different than that. You see the bodies with panties have extra cuts in the mesh to simulate flesh bulge and similiar. Like there is a tight slip presseing against the hip and deforming it. The nude body doesnt have this, so bending it at the hip results in this way when you have panties.

This is also correct, but it also happens with suits that don't have the skin indentation around the waist.  Either way the best way to prevent the problem is to keep as much of the original lower body mesh as you can and just fill in where necessary.

@amiga5000 - Right now, the method you are using to swap the textures is in conflict with both of my more recent mods since its reusing w7. The IniParams ((w0 - w7) - (z0 - z7)) are effectively global variables that were intended to be used as parameters to the shaders. The base d3dx.ini reserves a couple for persisted values like w,  and z (without any number after it). Any other mods are free to use them but also means they have to play nice with it. So, at the time no one else was doing anything like the sort by leveraging the variables, so i kinda claimed w7 to be 1-5 depending on what group of shaders is being called. This allows for any texture overrides to determine whether its trying to draw the shadow, body, or clothes for various purposes, but only if no one else also tries to use w7 for any other purpose. I'm also using w6 as a identifier for the last custom suit that was drawn on screen so i can isolate things to only function when that suit is currently drawn on screen. This instance though is set every time the suit is drawn on screen, so technically i don't need it to maintain its value at all times since i keep setting it back again, however if someone is using w6 and intending it to keep its value while also using a mod of mine, then they will likely be unable to function properly.

Luckily in your case, I find the alternative to actually be an easier solution anyways for dealing with swapping colors w/o the need of the IniParam variables:

Spoiler

[KeyTest]

key = x

type = cycle

run = CommandList1, CommandList2, CommandList3, CommandList4

[CommandList1]

ResourceCurrentColorPS0 = ResourceCPEACE01in

[CommandList2]

ResourceCurrentColorPS0 = ResourceCPEACE02in

[CommandList3]
ResourceCurrentColorPS0 = ResourceCPEACE03in

[CommandList4]

ResourceCurrentColorPS0 = ResourceCPEACE04in

[ResourceCurrentColorPS0]

; Default to some texture

filename= bikini_gold.dds

[TextureOverrideCPEACE01_VB]

hash = b767e1ea

match_first_index = 0

match_priority = -1

vb0 = ResourceCPEACE01_VB unless_null

ib = ResourceCPEACE01_IB unless_null

ps-t0 = ResourceCurrentColorPS0

draw_indexed = auto

handling=skip

This method has the benefit of not relying on a persisted variable and does the same effect. The only further modification i usually perform is setting w6 to a value in the TextureOverride call, that i then compare in the Key section so that pressing "x" when the mod isn't currently displayed on the screen doesn't change the color, because technically, every mod is always Key section is always active at any point regardless of whether its causing a visible effect or not. Below is the snippet that assists in limiting the scope of the Key so will only fire when your TextureOverride is actually performing the mesh replacement.

Spoiler

[CommandListSetSuitId]

w6 = 876234

[KeyTest]

key = x

condition = w6 == 876234

[TextureOverrideCPEACE01_VB]

hash = b767e1ea

match_first_index = 0

run = CommandListSetSuitId

---

Regarding the whole clipping that can occur in many mods, my personal excuse is I'd rather spend only 2-4 hours on a 95% solution than 10-20 hours on a 99% solution (per suit). There are plenty of factors that go into it, I'm not all that good at manually fixing weight painting, especially whenever i have to attempt to freehand draw/paint anything. Subdividing the mesh to move it around and weight painting in general is very time-consuming and making a mistake and trying to "undo" it in blender frequently includes me going too far backward in history with blender's nebulous history tracking and I lose a substantial amound of work and saving is great but its not like i save every 1 minute, not to mention saving after i mess up only to learn 10 minutes later that i made a mistake a long time ago and its hard to revert it other than just starting over. Also I don't really spend time taking pictures in the game at all, so clipping doesn't bother me as much as it might someone that does want the picture to work in the pose they  have. Sorry if anyone feels opposite to this, but more work on 1 mod also means less mods being released. I don't mind if people correct my mods and re-release (barring any issues from the original mod authors since my mods are typically derivatives from others) to fix weight paint or clipping issues.

37 minutes ago, KuroKaze78 said:

Regarding the whole clipping that can occur in many mods, my personal excuse is I'd rather spend only 2-4 hours on a 95% solution than 10-20 hours on a 99% solution (per suit). There are plenty of factors that go into it, I'm not all that good at manually fixing weight painting, especially whenever i have to attempt to freehand draw/paint anything. Subdividing the mesh to move it around and weight painting in general is very time-consuming and making a mistake and trying to "undo" it in blender frequently includes me going too far backward in history with blender's nebulous history tracking and I lose a substantial amound of work and saving is great but its not like i save every 1 minute, not to mention saving after i mess up only to learn 10 minutes later that i made a mistake a long time ago and its hard to revert it other than just starting over. Also I don't really spend time taking pictures in the game at all, so clipping doesn't bother me as much as it might someone that does want the picture to work in the pose they  have. Sorry if anyone feels opposite to this, but more work on 1 mod also means less mods being released. I don't mind if people correct my mods and re-release (barring any issues from the original mod authors since my mods are typically derivatives from others) to fix weight paint or clipping issues.

I definitely feel you on this.  In the process of trying to mod this little bugger;

pearls-icon.JPG.38789c23198f3f738ae6bd90320bd5b7.JPG

Found that the body mesh was asymmetric around the holes covered by the top, so the weights didn't transfer properly to a mostly-nude top and left small deformities in 5 or 6 places around the right arm and breast.  So then I duped and cut as needed to make the mesh symmetrical, which duped weights into vertex groups where they didn't belong.  Then I had to go group by group and zero out the extra weights that were on the wrong side of the body, then duplicate and mirror weights from the left side to the right into the correctly-numbered vertex group.  Then there was still some manual cleanup in 3 or 4 spots where extra vertices were missing from or added to groups, so I had to do a point-by-point compare against the original body mesh in those spots.

Then I'm like, 'wtf am I doing with my life' but at least I learned a lot about Blender.  99% achieved, but at what cost lol

And still can't get the pearls to hang with gravity like bikini ties do.

pearls.thumb.jpg.6f828e9f0042b812ab7342e4951038c0.jpg

7 hours ago, tdurden said:

Hmm, so no ability to be easily fixed? That's a shame. Guess I'll have to just keep the bottom bikini part lol.

19 hours ago, amiga5000 said:

Reveal hidden contents

[KeyTestMaid]
key = x
type = cycle
run = CommandList1, CommandList2, CommandList3, CommandList4

[CommandList1]
ResourceLingerieCYCLE_VB = ResourceLingerie05_VB
ResourceLingerieCYCLE_IB = ResourceLingerie05_IB 

[CommandList2]
ResourceLingerieCYCLE_VB = ResourceLingerie04_VB
ResourceLingerieCYCLE_IB = ResourceLingerie04_IB 

[CommandList3]
ResourceLingerieCYCLE_VB = ResourceLingerie03_VB
ResourceLingerieCYCLE_IB = ResourceLingerie03_IB 

[CommandList4]
ResourceLingerieCYCLE_VB = null
ResourceLingerieCYCLE_IB = null

[ResourceLingerie03_VB]
type = Buffer
stride = 80
filename = skirt.vb

[ResourceLingerie03_IB]
type = Buffer
format = DXGI_FORMAT_R16_UINT
filename = skirt.ib

[ResourceLingerie04_VB]
type = Buffer
stride = 80
filename = top.vb

[ResourceLingerie04_IB]
type = Buffer
filename = top.ib

[ResourceLingerie05_VB]
type = Buffer
stride = 80
filename = all.vb

[ResourceLingerie05_IB]
type = Buffer
filename = all.ib

Without using the w variable

Whith x key change costume to normal, only top, only skirt, full nude

Please testing

Maid_Common_v2.zip

https://mega.nz/#!CAd1RAxL!Q9Iwrgz7m_LvPTQbRg4KZb1uzLbtStND7XwbN9y89ig

Thank you

DOAX-VenusVacation_181013_172146.thumb.jpg.bd231083da9a62374a7d6343927296d2.jpg

I think that it will be better to have a swimsuit texture as a DDS file.
However, because the game has been changed to a loadable size, there are places where the texture position is misaligned.

So, I've finally uploaded the CostumeCustomizer framework mod, and 2 content mod-packs to start. It's taking quite a bit of time to data-dump everything I can think of for trying to help modders learn how to leverage it, but as I'm writing all of this, its becoming more obvious how imperative it is for me to begin working on a GUI-based content mod-pack creation tool. Anyways, as I mentioned I decided to start it's own thread for things related to that utility mod, and content packs created for it. Feel free to bombard questions and issues in that thread rather than bloat this one up. Also, the NudeStrapsSet1 content mod-pack supercedes my older NudeStraps ported mod posted in here and it includes a number of adjustments I've made since the original release.

Download: CostumeCustomizer.

Preview:

MixAndMatch.png.2f01a76b11fd528a3012b40f95272f2d.png

MixAndMatch2.png.006882b99cc3e15d01873ea5eb1c645f.png

Spoiler

Nude Straps content mod-pack

NudeStraps1_V1.png.d47d5cb6afac3c861cd3f541f956ebfb.png

Fishnet & Lace content mod-pack (Includes Aradia Lace)

FishnetLace.png.f0862507717bb0db6a9968920948bf96.png

5 hours ago, Annoch said:

Is the Gacha Demist mod broken? When I try to use it I get a pitch black screen where the shower is.

Still works for me

On another note - making more replacements, and throwing in some Halloween color swaps thanks to @KuroKaze78's ini guidance. 

First is for Momiji's SR Ura Kaze.  You can swap between original colors and Halloween colors with leather or matte/cloth finish by pressing Z.

EDIT: Whups, forgot to add the hair tie color toggle in.  Updated download.

momiji-urakaze-halloween.jpg.047f38f1adaa82aa74815f3de1c4cdad.jpg

Momiji_SR_UraKaze_HalloweenV1-1.zip

7 hours ago, amiga5000 said:

First version of Asari for common Body ( ALL Girls except Honoka/Luna and Marie)

Asari_Swap.jpg.169e470217802ac9088eaa4a6639bc12.jpg

common.gif.b8e449c0840df67dd3603f35ae1b4aa6.gif

Thank you very much to KuroKaze68

You can change colors with the x key and edit the mesh with the z key.

4 Mode for costume cycles with z key

6 color cycles with x key

DOAX-VenusVacation_181015_121926.jpg.f83039e39a34311d4a1570a0c2de572c.jpgDOAX-VenusVacation_181015_122005.jpg.b18cb9b8be70b2a52841ed7be83df69f.jpgDOAX-VenusVacation_181015_122020.jpg.334f24d3202d726278b1ec3492e7b1d8.jpgDOAX-VenusVacation_181015_122438.jpg.0b846528249f4b70a34b130b05bbef71.jpgDOAX-VenusVacation_181015_122356.jpg.abc05c92a9da095c2a763022dcb57fec.jpgDOAX-VenusVacation_181015_122316.jpg.0e16400128e9566348d8c56bbd8c7a9f.jpg

Asari_1.jpg.c863c417679bbb3c718329cc1b63002b.jpg

Asari_2.jpg.cf89ece691ebda46b5271eee2444ccaf.jpg

it's just a first version, there are some small details to fix, please test it anyway

Thank you

Asari_Common.zip

https://mega.nz/#!SNlV1Y7Q!ucQwZRjrfJtTsNTuoc8-ARgTN8kGwUQZnATWBWY2-Qg

Please be sure to have the Hi-Metal textures

OMG!! It's perfect!! No-malfunction common is possible?? THX

May I have a tutorial for UV map editing?

Tamaki Destiny Child Transform

Preview1.jpg.5082d1b18342c96a0f89c921ed50aefc.jpg

Preview2.jpg.774960bbbf7f3f799ed25a33af9599de.jpg

This mod is for awaken level 4 only (Star 4), please enable the suit transform option, or using the black fan. (both need awaken level 4)

suit-transform-must-be-on-awaken-level-4-needed.jpg.c2f22115783c0b59ae4c48304b9f12c9.jpg

Tamaki_Destiny_Child_Transform.zip

Update V1.01

Fixed the body collision with Misaki Destiny Child Transform (maybe Kasumi too)

Tamaki_Destiny_Child_Transform_V1.01.zip

Update V1.5

Upgrade to Hi-Res body

Minor Changes

This mod needs Hi-res body Skin Texture, e.g. #1595

Download

Tamaki_Destiny_Child_Transform_v1.5.zip

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, KuroKaze78 said:

NOTE - This has largely been obsoleted by my CostumeCustomizer mod and NudeHarness Straps are now included in the CostumeCustomizer_NudeStrapsSet1 content pack for it. 

Started working on a new mod port. This time I'm working on porting the DOA5LR Nude Harness Strap themed set from @funnybunny666 that was recently completed. I currently plan on eventually porting the entire set to DOAXVV. Similar to the Aradia Lace mod that I released, I'm aiming to make this mod as modular as possible within reason and the entirety of the set will be baked into this one mod. Once I get past a half-dozen ported, I'll probably document and set something up so users can create their own custom presets w/o too much difficulty so you won't have to manually cycle to your favorite every time you launch the game. 

Installation:

Read the included README for installation instructions.

If you haven't already enabled fingernail/eye mesh replacements, please ensure you have the following lines found in your d3dx.ini in the [CommandListFingernailsEyes] section. Alternatively, you can download the latested version of the d3dx.ini from the link listed below.

[CommandListFingernailsEyes]
w7=3
; Dump out eye & fingernail textures:
dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t0 mono dds
dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t1 mono dds
; Dump out fingernail & eye mesh & pose:
analyse_options = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes dump_vb txt buf
dump = deferred_ctx_accurate vs-cb2 txt buf
if z
	; Enable fingernail texture replacements:
	checktextureoverride = ps-t0
	; Enable mesh replacement
	checktextureoverride = vb0
	checktextureoverride = ib
endif

Usage:

ReplacedSuit.png.0c918a9da947f36580357a0f247615e8.png

Replaces Black/Red Pareo R Suit 

Use CTRL + PageUp/PageDown to cycle between original presets

Use Shift + 1-6 (Standard 1-6 keys and not numpad keys) to cycle between available meshes for modular pieces (only 1 right now, but with additional Nude Harness Strap themed mods, it'll expand)

1 = Gloves

2 = Stocking/Shoes

3 = Garter

4 = Accessory 1

5 = Accessory 2

6 = Body/Collar

Included Pieces:

•    Kasumi Nude Harness Straps V1/V2
    • Bunny Tail (Part of the suit as Accessory 1)
    • Bunny Ears (Texture Replacement of DOAXVV Bunny Ears from September Event)
    • Chest Harness Straps/Rings/Studs/Collar
    • Garter Straps/Studs
    • Fishnet Stocking/Heels
    • MISSING - Heel Bunny Puff Tail (Planned as Accessory 2)
    • MISSING - Heel Ribbon Bow (Planned as Accessory 2)
    • MISSING - Heels w/o Stocking

Known Issues:

• During BURST, gloves aren't displayed and the chest straps look washed out.

Notes:

Currently relies on the same w7 modifications to the d3dx.ini for the time being. On the last release from Aradia Lace, I had in there an experimental technique that saves the pose from the body mesh and re-uses it while drawing the clothes to utilize the pixel shaders used for clothing but include regions that weren't readily available as part of the suit clothing vertex groups. I believe for the current setup it should work, but if you notice issues where part of the mesh doesn't draw correctly let me know. I imagine these will likely be isolated to when you have multiple characters wearing the mod at the same time and on screen at the same time. Don't be too critical of minor weight/clipping issues, I may make a second pass after I port what I plan on porting, but I don't plan on making too many minor fixes until I get closer to finishing porting the majority of the suits I plan to cover.

Preview of v1:

NudeHarnessStraps_v1_preview.thumb.png.e55cb1292547928bd4bfccfd16774354.png

Download: ReplaceBlackPareo_wNudeStraps_v1.0.zip

Latest d3dx.ini: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KuroKaze78/3d-fixes/master/DOAX-VenusVacation/d3dx.ini

Credits to funnybunny666 for the original DOA5LR themed set mod.

Version History:

v1.0 - Released 9/26/2018

Includes Kasumi Nude Harness Straps V1/V2 for Common Body Mesh only.

I am looking forward for something other than common in this mod.
On 8/26/2018 at 7:50 PM, DOAX VV said:

I do not understand how you could damage clothes??? It's not DOA5LR.

私はあなたが服を損傷する方法を理解していないのですか? それはDOA5LRではありません。

Maybe Google has translated it incorrectly?

多分、Googleはそれを間違って翻訳したでしょうか?

*I can only speak English a little.
*I am writing using Google translation.

I confirmed Dildo v1.1.0s bug.
Crash when Tamaki and Misaki are displayed.
It solved by disabling these.

; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; bathroom
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;[ResourceRefVB]
;type = Buffer
;stride = 36
;filename = Dildo_Soap.vb
;[ResourceRefIB]
;type = Buffer
;format = R16_UINT
;filename = Dildo_Soap.ib

;[TextureOverrideRef]
;hash = 919b9dbd
;match_first_index = 0
;vb0 = ResourceRefVB