Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

I use a PC with RTX4090
I feel that using mods does not slow down the game or increase the speed by pressing the ALT key.
However, in my case, the GPU usage is very high when using mods
Loading the game itself (especially when moving to volleyball) also takes a long time!
Here is the GPU usage for your reference
During a volleyball game... it fluctuates. About 40-80%.
Home - about 60%
I will try turning various mods on and off and report back if I find anything out!
(Translated using DeepL)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I "played around" with the PC and DOAXVV a bit over the weekend, disabling some mods in turns, but I didn't notice a significant improvement, so I don't think it's a specific mod. I also tried various settings in the nvidia control panel from the network but also with no visible result. Going down to 30 fps in the settings gave such a result that the image finally went along with the sound, but there were occasional slowdowns anyway and still I had to hold the alt. But after removing and inserting the ram again, it works a bit better, I don't understand it anymore. I even overclocked the card a bit but still no big difference. But I'm still doomed to what is, because when I saw how much a new PC would cost me, I let it go.

PS. I said that at the Koharu 2nd event I want to save V-stones and tickets and not hit any SSR, but that was only for towels, but they threw in Auspicious Blossom, and even though it's been 2 weeks since my last SSR, I can't hit anything. I think I will give up these 2 coupons from 2 last days, and will focus on Valentine's gacha but I expect an SSR every draw ??

Edited by Yorom
2 hours ago, leesangkill said:

In the past, if I left the PC idle for 5 minutes without doing anything, the frame rate would drop and it would return to normal when I moved the mouse. I thought it had something to do with idle like windows 10 updates, but I haven't found anything yet. When I play this, the cpu temperature goes over 80 degrees, so I upgraded the cpu a while ago, but now there seems to be no frame drops. I didn't know if pressing the alt key would activate the turbo function, but when I pressed the alt key just in case, there was no response. My PC is a general large capacity hard disk (not SSD), 32G memory, 1050ti, 5800X.

ex) framerate drop occurs when loading feathered clothes during CeeZ_M's mod.

I have i5-6500, GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4 (before 8GB) and SSD 256 on SATA 6gb (before 120gb) I don't remember exactly when it started, but at some point the game went into slow mode, the sound was faster than the animation. Then someone suggested this trick with ALT and it played better. But after upgrading and reinstalling the OS, playing with mods with ALT on works worse than before the update, now it's luckily better (Animation and sound are pretty even, but i don't know what caused it). As the game starts to run worse, I'll remove some less used mods (because it's super smooth without them) and we'll see. But I plan to try to install Windows on the drive I replaced and see how it works there (currently something broke in it and I can't load the system), although not right away because I've had enough for now.

PS.1. There's one upside to all this, bouncing boobs in slow motion look awesome?

PS.2. Maybe it's just autosuggestion, but I think the speed I had before the upgrade is back. I thought what else to do here and decided to run update.bat in the CC folder, and after its execution a window appeared that I had to install Framework 3.5, although there was already newer with windows. And now it seems to work a bit better.

PS.3. I decided to delete the files from the Temp folder, and while doing so, the game slowed down a lot, the same as emptying the recycle bin, so I think if you move the game itself to a separate drive just for it, maybe it will help

Edited by Yorom
On 2/6/2023 at 8:06 PM, LLLOVERS said:

I use a PC with RTX4090
I feel that using mods does not slow down the game or increase the speed by pressing the ALT key.
However, in my case, the GPU usage is very high when using mods
Loading the game itself (especially when moving to volleyball) also takes a long time!
Here is the GPU usage for your reference
During a volleyball game... it fluctuates. About 40-80%.
Home - about 60%
I will try turning various mods on and off and report back if I find anything out!
(Translated using DeepL)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I had a little time today to look into this matter.
When using the "Costume Customizer", it seems to use a lot of GPU
I have tried it with other mods turned off and in vanilla CC, but the GPU usage is still high.
Does anyone else have the same problem?
My PC configuration
Intel Core i-7 13700
RTX4090
DDR5 64GB

Please forgive me if this is the wrong topic

My GPU usage jumps between 50-93% (rock climbing 88-99%), but I'd rather keep it at 90-100% all the time if that would eliminate slowdowns. Yesterday I was playing with the graphics settings and when I turned on the game again it started lagging. Restoring the settings didn't make the game work better, but at the same time I added a new outfit to CC that Massim released, so I thought maybe it was from that. I wanted to check it today, but after turning on the game, it doesn't lag anymore, and I didn't do anything. I don't understand it anymore?

Edited by Yorom
58 minutes ago, Yorom said:

我的 GPU 使用率在 50-93% 之间跳跃(攀岩 88-99%),但如果这样可以消除减速,我宁愿一直保持在 90-100%。昨天我正在玩图形设置,当我再次打开游戏时它开始滞后。恢复设置并没有让游戏运行得更好,但同时我为 Massim 发布的 CC 添加了一套新装备,所以我想也许是因为它。今天本来想看看的,但是打开游戏后,就不再卡顿了,我什么也没做。已经看不懂了?

The voice control function causes this problem

On 2/9/2023 at 12:00 AM, Yorom said:

My GPU usage jumps between 50-93% (rock climbing 88-99%), but I'd rather keep it at 90-100% all the time if that would eliminate slowdowns. Yesterday I was playing with the graphics settings and when I turned on the game again it started lagging. Restoring the settings didn't make the game work better, but at the same time I added a new outfit to CC that Massim released, so I thought maybe it was from that. I wanted to check it today, but after turning on the game, it doesn't lag anymore, and I didn't do anything. I don't understand it anymore?

I just logged in to share something that it may not be related to your issue but recently i upgraded my system from gtx 1060 to 3060ti, I have an amd 3700x cpu, and now I notice that my cpu runs hotter now. Before I get around 60-65ish temps, now i get 70ish temps on my cpu after I upgraded. I wonder why is this happening. I play on both steam eng and japan version and they both have high cpu temps now, I also use reshade and some skin mod. I do not know if that is related. My GPU though is very cool as it is a TUF 3060ti brand new so im pegged at around 50ish. Room temp is 27-30deg. I am just concered with my 3700x but it is on stock wraith prism, planning to upgrade if it takes the heat away.

Apologies for the tech support question, but the search function returned no useful results. This is a English Steam player tech support problem.

When looking at the special animations during this ongoing valentines event I noticed that Monica's skin wasn't loading properly at certain angles. It's just completely black from the neck down. Tried multiple skin options with graphic options all maxed out, but still nothing.

It only happens with her ponytail when she's wearing a modified costume. If I swap to her default it works normally. It's only for the back shot too. When I click to go to the next "victory" scene it looks normal.

Same thing happens with Kanna, but only for her default hairstyle. Her ponytail is fine

What I want to know is if this is a well known issue or a sign that something on my end is very outdated? My d3dx file is from one of the popular modding threads and the most up to date one available.

Spoiler

958260_20230214011224_1.png.53e043c331786d95dcddfa67ab8b5575.png958260_20230214011842_1.png.6ed012e076d712523493522516016dd8.png

On 2/14/2023 at 3:39 AM, Dood_Nu said:

Apologies for the tech support question, but the search function returned no useful results. This is a English Steam player tech support problem.

When looking at the special animations during this ongoing valentines event I noticed that Monica's skin wasn't loading properly at certain angles. It's just completely black from the neck down. Tried multiple skin options with graphic options all maxed out, but still nothing.

It only happens with her ponytail when she's wearing a modified costume. If I swap to her default it works normally. It's only for the back shot too. When I click to go to the next "victory" scene it looks normal.

Same thing happens with Kanna, but only for her default hairstyle. Her ponytail is fine

What I want to know is if this is a well known issue or a sign that something on my end is very outdated? My d3dx file is from one of the popular modding threads and the most up to date one available.

Reveal hidden contents

958260_20230214011224_1.png.53e043c331786d95dcddfa67ab8b5575.png958260_20230214011842_1.png.6ed012e076d712523493522516016dd8.png

This is a bug that happens because of "ShaderOverrides.ini" from CostumeCustomizer or SwimsuitSwapper, or any other mod that includes that ini file. Sorry, I don't know how to fix the ShaderOverrides.ini. Tell us about the specific swimsuit mod or lack of in the screenshots and maybe we can help more.

**After looking into it, the fix is relatively easy but tedious. You can just enter some code into each swimsuit mod that is afflicted.

In the TextureOverride section for the body paste the following (before the draw call).

ps-cb12 = ref ps-cb2

For example:

[TextureOverride Body]
hash = d808daee
match_first_index = 0
handling = skip
; fix for "ShaderOverrides.ini" PS-CB12 Shader RegEx
ps-cb12 = ref ps-cb2
vb0 = Resource_Body_Nude-VB
ib = Resource_Body_Nude-IB
drawindexed = auto

@Dood_Nu

**EDIT**

Instead add that "ps-cb12 = ref ps-cb2" line to the skin texture mod ini. e.g. Skins\Kanna\...

That should handle it for all mods that change Kanna's body, instead of editing each mod. It's a shame I didn't realize it sooner.

[TextureOverrideKanna]
hash = 483f0517

ps-cb12 = ref ps-cb2
ps-t0 = ref Resource_Skin unless_null

Edited by krunkDunk

jericrose leesangkill

I never paid attention to the temperature, but rather it did not exceed 60 and I had no problems here, and the GPU is max 70. But for the last 3 days I was messing with different settings, it turned out that I probably set one thing wrong in the biose. Instead of uefi, I gave legacy and maybe it affected the game, because on the old SSD, when I installed it again, it was probably a bit better. I will not dwell on what I tried, but the conclusion that comes to me is: if it works, do not change anything, and if you have to then change all the equipment in one go. At best, the game works as it did, nothing is better, but "by the way" one disk failed me (actually two, although it works normally again), it started working non-stop at 100%, and on it I lost the directories with the mods and all the files so as not to set everything from the beginning and I had to copy through CMD in the windows installer manually which files I could, but still some data could not be recovered.

And on top of that, something strange is happening to me with CC:

973990554_DOAX_VV2023-02-1512-51-13.thumb.png.a45e5db1bf1d97543b775291a6ad3de3.png

Virtually all my effort is wasted, maybe in this 1% it will be better, but I haven't gotten to it yet because instead of making a mod I was fighting the system

Extra information.
Loading the game without mods: 1.15 minutes
With mods: 3.30

Edited by Yorom
On 2/14/2023 at 2:02 PM, krunkDunk said:

This is a bug that happens because of "ShaderOverrides.ini" from CostumeCustomizer or SwimsuitSwapper, or any other mod that includes that ini file. Sorry, I don't know how to fix the ShaderOverrides.ini. Tell us about the specific swimsuit mod or lack of in the screenshots and maybe we can help more.

**After looking into it, the fix is relatively easy but tedious. You can just enter some code into each swimsuit mod that is afflicted.

In the TextureOverride section for the body paste the following (before the draw call).

ps-cb12 = ref ps-cb2

For example:

Thank you for the very helpful post. I was indeed using Costume Costumizer and once I temporarily disabled that the skin loaded properly regardless of what swimsuit was being worn. Tested the basic starter bikini made to be nude and various edits to SSRs, and they all appeared fine on both ponytail Monica and twintails Kanna during that special back shot animation.

And thank you for the solution to fixing it if in the future I need CC to be enabled during the scene for whatever reason.