Mods folder and sub folders?

Hi :)

Erm can someone help me if possible as i have a question.

In my Sims4 Mods folder, can i make sub folders and yet the game still recognise the mods?

For example in the Mods Folder itself i would have  ( Clothing mods, Furniture mods, sexanimation mods, General etc etc) each of those being a titled folder. I obviously also have the vanilla WhickedWhims Folder itself. But at the moment i have that and then everything else is just files. 

I just wanted to organize it well and ideally wanted the Mods folder to have lots of subfolders each filled with the relevant folders.

Does this make sense?

14 minutes ago, TheAfterLife said:

Yes you can do that, but you can't have a subfolder inside a subfolder. 

Mods> Subfolder   is Okay

Mods>Subfolder>Subfolder  Is NOT okay.

hello, All,

TheAfterLife, there are some posts about this subject on MTS (Mod The Sims) and other Sims 4 forums.

the user may expand the subfolder's hierarchy structure by editing the "Resource.cfg" that lies inside the Mod folder. this is how to do so:

1. save a copy of the original "Resource.cfg" in case anything goes rot

2. edit the original "Resource.cfg" with a text editor so it reads:

Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile */*.package
    PackedFile */*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

3. save the edited file.

the above "2." example grants the user a directory structure of up to five levels deep within the mods folder for sorting.

it's entirely up to the user what names s/he uses for the folders; yet, in order to get the game to load stuff from there — and with the correct priorities — the user needs to reflect her/his actual structure in the Resources.cfg and vice versa.
the use of the wildcard character ("*") stands for: "this folder may have any name."

hope i've helped.

E.

Thank you all so so much. This has helped and its so nice when people are quick to help and reply.

Since the new update and the cats & dogs dlc, i found that for some reason my Sim was not eating. she would cook but never eat the food. So i carefully went through every single mod i had to find the culprit. 

Turns out it was a Ottoman furniture mod that stopped her eating, so weird. This was all done through the process of elimination. So, as you can imagine having subfolders for each type of mod was so helpful for me.

Thank you all again. Now my Sim eats and i have a nice organized working Mod folder :D

2 minutes ago, sophiextime said:

Thank you all so so much. This has helped and its so nice when people are quick to help and reply.

Since the new update and the cats & dogs dlc, i found that for some reason my Sim was not eating. she would cook but never eat the food. So i carefully went through every single mod i had to find the culprit. 

Turns out it was a Ottoman furniture mod that stopped her eating, so weird. This was all done through the process of elimination. So, as you can imagine having subfolders for each type of mod was so helpful for me.

Thank you all again. Now my Sim eats and i have a nice organized working Mod folder :D

SophieXTime,

i'm really glad things got back to normal. :-)

have a great weekend, and happy simming! 

E.

7 hours ago, TomatoEddie said:

hello, All,

TheAfterLife, there are some posts about this subject on MTS (Mod The Sims) and other Sims 4 forums.

the user may expand the subfolder's hierarchy structure by editing the "Resource.cfg" that lies inside the Mod folder. this is how to do so:

Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile */*.package
    PackedFile */*/*.package

3. save the edited file.

the above "2." example grants the user a directory structure of up to five levels deep within the mods folder for sorting.

it's entirely up to the user what names s/he uses for the folders; yet, in order to get the game to load stuff from there — and with the correct priorities — the user needs to reflect her/his actual structure in the Resources.cfg and vice versa.
the use of the wildcard character ("*") stands for: "this folder may have any name."

hope i've helped.

E.

That's amazing! Never knew that, thank you so much for sharing that info with us.

10 hours ago, TomatoEddie said:

hello, All,

Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile */*.package
    PackedFile */*/*.package

3. save the edited file.

hope i've helped.

E.

As of Patch 1.11.64 a newly generated Resource.cfg should already look that way if it doesn't they can just remove their Mods folder and have the game rebuild a new one and transfer their mods to the new folder that way they don't accidentally break the Resource.cfg

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...

wer kann mir helfen, hab mir ein paar mods heruntergeladen, die auch wunderbar funktioniert haben, doch auf einen tag zum anderen  waren sie einfach nicht mehr da, hab dann alle gelöscht und neu heruntergeladen, aber sie funktionieren einfach nicht, obwohl sie bei den sims 4 als mod angezeigt werden. ich muss wirklich sagen, mit diesen mod war sims4 seeeehhrrr viel interessanter und ich vermisse sie schon sehr. bitte helft mir, ich will sie unbedingt wieder haben. jetzt sind meine sims4 wirklich ohne diese mods wirklich langweilig geworden, finde ich, deswegen möchte ich sie auch wieder.

• 3 years later...