Help - Bee & Barb CTD

MadameRed

Okay, so I have a heavily modded game, but all mods have been running smoothly. Even when I've deleted Skyrim completely, loaded the plain vanilla game, and gone to the Bee and Barb, I still often get a CTD when I enter. I've just accepted it as a bug in the game that Bethesda will never, ever address. However, in this particular save, I've never had an issue going into the B&B. No ctd, nothing out of the ordinary. Now, suddenly, I'm getting nothing but a ctd and when I load the game, there's an autosave inside the B&B, but the image displayed is literally just a static screenshot. I haven't added or removed any mods since the last time I entered, and my papyrus log is only telling me this:

[11/03/2017 - 04:01:25PM] SexLabDebug log opened (PC)

[11/03/2017 - 04:01:25PM] Config Reloading...

after the ctd happens. 

I have zero experience with papyrus and no idea what to do with any of it, since I've never had need to utilize its logs before now, so please forgive my ignorance. Everything is always sorted with LOOT, and there are no game breaking issues. FNIS runs just fine as well. I have the luxury of simply moving the necessary characters right to me because I'm playing on PC, but I'd rather not. It just breaks the little bits of realism I cling to, yanno? I'd appreciate any help I could get, because I'm about to slap my computer, lol.

Also, the machine and its specs are not the issue. It's a brand new MSI Dominator Pro, GTX 1070, 16 GB ram, and dual hard drives. The rig performs beautifully, but that damn Bee & Barb has been giving me hell since 2011...

AAAND I guess none of that matters since now it lets me back into the damn inn. Oy..

I haven't personally experienced an issue there, and as you, I'm playing a "heavily modded" Skyrim with ~240 mods.  What I do note, from time to time, is that some mods, particularly those that alter the spaces I'm trying to go to (like Bee & Barb), i.e. like adding in a bunch of inconsequential npcs, altering the cell, etc. AND I have a quest in the same place... sometimes there the game engine gives out and crashes out.

If a mod or mods alters the cell, and your quest is based on a trigger box (i.e. something you walk through) you can have an issue.  Also, some quests auto load different assets into the cell when you enter.  A mod that alters said cell could be conflicting.  You would only experience these issues under "the right" conditions, meaning when you have that magic set of mods installed that alter said cell/quest/actor/etc. and you happen to need to use that cell/quest/actor for a specific quest sequence to proceed.

I know it's vague, but without knowing more - that's really the best I can offer you.  What I do when this happens is load up UESP, find the quest, and try advancing the quest by a single stage, to get past the critical part - and go about my business of slaying maidens dragons.

I've just accepted it as a bug in the game that Bethesda will never, ever address.

you saw some consoles gamers whining they crash entering that tavern?

if you can't reproduce the ctd all the time, it's not a tbbp armor without tbbp skeleton, with that, you can't sometime enter the ctd zone

if the game have to pick between beer, black brian, wine and ctd when the argonian maid coffer reset, then you have 25% chance to ctd when that coffer reset

and your hardware blabla is useless, game is 50 years old, it was made for gameboy, you think a pc can't run it?

Okay, so I have a heavily modded game, but all mods have been running smoothly. Even when I've deleted Skyrim completely, loaded the plain vanilla game, and gone to the Bee and Barb, I still often get a CTD when I enter. I've just accepted it as a bug in the game that Bethesda will never, ever address. However, in this particular save, I've never had an issue going into the B&B. No ctd, nothing out of the ordinary. Now, suddenly, I'm getting nothing but a ctd and when I load the game, there's an autosave inside the B&B, but the image displayed is literally just a static screenshot. I haven't added or removed any mods since the last time I entered, and my papyrus log is only telling me this:

[11/03/2017 - 04:01:25PM] SexLabDebug log opened (PC)

[11/03/2017 - 04:01:25PM] Config Reloading...

after the ctd happens. 

I have zero experience with papyrus and no idea what to do with any of it, since I've never had need to utilize its logs before now, so please forgive my ignorance. Everything is always sorted with LOOT, and there are no game breaking issues. FNIS runs just fine as well. I have the luxury of simply moving the necessary characters right to me because I'm playing on PC, but I'd rather not. It just breaks the little bits of realism I cling to, yanno? I'd appreciate any help I could get, because I'm about to slap my computer, lol.

Also, the machine and its specs are not the issue. It's a brand new MSI Dominator Pro, GTX 1070, 16 GB ram, and dual hard drives. The rig performs beautifully, but that damn Bee & Barb has been giving me hell since 2011...

AAAND I guess none of that matters since now it lets me back into the damn inn. Oy..

You've deleted your entire Skyrim game and started vanilla but still facing issues?  Clearly you haven't deleted everything then, maybe try this:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87236-i-dont-know-what-happened/?do=findComment&comment=2047359

Good luck

Archived